Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Qatar Airways | Privilege Club

Missing connection flight

Missing connection flight

Old Sep 30, 22, 2:33 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 24
Missing connection flight

I have the ticket KTM-DOH-CDG, with first leg QR 653 arriving to Doha at 12:55 and then QR 37 departing from Doha at 14:55. What if I happen to miss that second flight - can I hope QR will forgive me and rebook to the next flight, or they will make me pay for the new ticket?
Why I am asking: I need to have CDG arrival date stamped a day later to avoid visa overstay. I tried to change my second leg to a later flight but QR agent said it is impossible as it is a "married sector".
vnau is offline  
Old Sep 30, 22, 3:13 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 933
Originally Posted by vnau View Post
I have the ticket KTM-DOH-CDG, with first leg QR 653 arriving to Doha at 12:55 and then QR 37 departing from Doha at 14:55. What if I happen to miss that second flight - can I hope QR will forgive me and rebook to the next flight, or they will make me pay for the new ticket?
Why I am asking: I need to have CDG arrival date stamped a day later to avoid visa overstay. I tried to change my second leg to a later flight but QR agent said it is impossible as it is a "married sector".
If both your legs are on the same PNR/Ticket QR will rebook you if your first flight is delayed and you will get to CDG.... if youre on separate tickets your 2nd flight is completely unprotected, and whilst there are some reports of people being helped missing a flight on an unprotected flight its quite a rare and quite the risk...
babyg_wc is offline  
Old Sep 30, 22, 3:40 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 397
It sounds like it's on one ticket given the married segments comment, and that you have bought a restricted ticket.

If the inbound flight to DOH is not delayed to the extent that you miss the connection as a direct result (in which case they would automatically rebook you on a later departure), then just not turning up at the gate for the booked flight to CDG would most likely be classed as a no show. Worst case then is probably being charged for a one way DOH-CDG, likely at full fare, or possibly paying the difference in fare up to fully flexible if you're a super smooth talker. They may or may not waive the no show fee, and may or may not be extra unhappy and less inclined to be generous if they have had to offload your checked baggage from the missed flight and think that you missing it may not have been an accident.

If you definitely need to take the later flight, sorting a change in advance is probably the wisest option, but won't come for free as you will need to pay to switch up to a more flexible fare class.
KingCanute is offline  
Old Sep 30, 22, 3:41 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by babyg_wc View Post
If both your legs are on the same PNR/Ticket QR will rebook you if your first flight is delayed and you will get to CDG.... if youre on separate tickets your 2nd flight is completely unprotected, and whilst there are some reports of people being helped missing a flight on an unprotected flight its quite a rare and quite the risk...
Sorry maybe I wasn't clear: both legs are on the same PNR of course, but in my hypothetical situation the first flight is not delayed, it's about me spending too much time at the connection - I would like to miss the second flight, because I need to arrive later to my destination.
vnau is offline  
Old Sep 30, 22, 3:47 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by KingCanute View Post
It sounds like it's on one ticket given the married segments comment, and that you have bought a restricted ticket.

If the inbound flight to DOH is not delayed to the extent that you miss the connection as a direct result (in which case they would automatically rebook you on a later departure), then just not turning up at the gate for the booked flight to CDG would most likely be classed as a no show. Worst case then is probably being charged for a one way DOH-CDG, likely at full fare, or possibly paying the difference in fare up to fully flexible if you're a super smooth talker. They may or may not waive the no show fee, and may or may not be extra unhappy and less inclined to be generous if they have had to offload your checked baggage from the missed flight and think that you missing it may not have been an accident.

If you definitely need to take the later flight, sorting a change in advance is probably the wisest option, but won't come for free as you will need to pay to switch up to a more flexible fare class.
Thanks for the input KingCanute that's more or less what I thought - too bad, I hoped there's a more optimistic scenario. I tried to sort out a change but it costs even more than just buying a new DOH-CDG ticket at full fare.
vnau is offline  
Old Sep 30, 22, 12:26 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 397
Originally Posted by vnau View Post
Thanks for the input KingCanute that's more or less what I thought - too bad, I hoped there's a more optimistic scenario. I tried to sort out a change but it costs even more than just buying a new DOH-CDG ticket at full fare.
Bear in mind that today's price for a one way DOH-CDG may not be the price available on the day of travel for putting this right.
plunet likes this.
KingCanute is offline  
Old Sep 30, 22, 8:30 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by KingCanute View Post
It sounds like it's on one ticket given the married segments comment, and that you have bought a restricted ticket.

If the inbound flight to DOH is not delayed to the extent that you miss the connection as a direct result (in which case they would automatically rebook you on a later departure), then just not turning up at the gate for the booked flight to CDG would most likely be classed as a no show. Worst case then is probably being charged for a one way DOH-CDG, likely at full fare, or possibly paying the difference in fare up to fully flexible if you're a super smooth talker. They may or may not waive the no show fee, and may or may not be extra unhappy and less inclined to be generous if they have had to offload your checked baggage from the missed flight and think that you missing it may not have been an accident.

If you definitely need to take the later flight, sorting a change in advance is probably the wisest option, but won't come for free as you will need to pay to switch up to a more flexible fare class.


Another ideaBuy sparate return ticket cdg lon
Fly as scheduled om qrDO NOT enter France
Remain in transit area
Fly to London and backEnter France as midnight has passed and it is now the next calendar date
isveres is offline  
Old Sep 30, 22, 9:15 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,805
You may not be allowed to board in KTM if they see you don't have visa coverage for the duration of your stay.
ft101 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread