Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Qatar Airways | Privilege Club

Missing connection flight

Old Sep 30, 22, 2:33 am
Original Poster

I have the ticket KTM-DOH-CDG, with first leg QR 653 arriving to Doha at 12:55 and then QR 37 departing from Doha at 14:55. What if I happen to miss that second flight - can I hope QR will forgive me and rebook to the next flight, or they will make me pay for the new ticket?
Why I am asking: I need to have CDG arrival date stamped a day later to avoid visa overstay. I tried to change my second leg to a later flight but QR agent said it is impossible as it is a "married sector".
Old Sep 30, 22, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by vnau View Post
I have the ticket KTM-DOH-CDG, with first leg QR 653 arriving to Doha at 12:55 and then QR 37 departing from Doha at 14:55. What if I happen to miss that second flight - can I hope QR will forgive me and rebook to the next flight, or they will make me pay for the new ticket?
Why I am asking: I need to have CDG arrival date stamped a day later to avoid visa overstay. I tried to change my second leg to a later flight but QR agent said it is impossible as it is a "married sector".
If both your legs are on the same PNR/Ticket QR will rebook you if your first flight is delayed and you will get to CDG.... if youre on separate tickets your 2nd flight is completely unprotected, and whilst there are some reports of people being helped missing a flight on an unprotected flight its quite a rare and quite the risk...
Old Sep 30, 22, 3:40 am

It sounds like it's on one ticket given the married segments comment, and that you have bought a restricted ticket.

If the inbound flight to DOH is not delayed to the extent that you miss the connection as a direct result (in which case they would automatically rebook you on a later departure), then just not turning up at the gate for the booked flight to CDG would most likely be classed as a no show. Worst case then is probably being charged for a one way DOH-CDG, likely at full fare, or possibly paying the difference in fare up to fully flexible if you're a super smooth talker. They may or may not waive the no show fee, and may or may not be extra unhappy and less inclined to be generous if they have had to offload your checked baggage from the missed flight and think that you missing it may not have been an accident.

If you definitely need to take the later flight, sorting a change in advance is probably the wisest option, but won't come for free as you will need to pay to switch up to a more flexible fare class.
Old Sep 30, 22, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by babyg_wc View Post
If both your legs are on the same PNR/Ticket QR will rebook you if your first flight is delayed and you will get to CDG.... if youre on separate tickets your 2nd flight is completely unprotected, and whilst there are some reports of people being helped missing a flight on an unprotected flight its quite a rare and quite the risk...
Sorry maybe I wasn't clear: both legs are on the same PNR of course, but in my hypothetical situation the first flight is not delayed, it's about me spending too much time at the connection - I would like to miss the second flight, because I need to arrive later to my destination.
Old Sep 30, 22, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KingCanute View Post
It sounds like it's on one ticket given the married segments comment, and that you have bought a restricted ticket.

If the inbound flight to DOH is not delayed to the extent that you miss the connection as a direct result (in which case they would automatically rebook you on a later departure), then just not turning up at the gate for the booked flight to CDG would most likely be classed as a no show. Worst case then is probably being charged for a one way DOH-CDG, likely at full fare, or possibly paying the difference in fare up to fully flexible if you're a super smooth talker. They may or may not waive the no show fee, and may or may not be extra unhappy and less inclined to be generous if they have had to offload your checked baggage from the missed flight and think that you missing it may not have been an accident.

If you definitely need to take the later flight, sorting a change in advance is probably the wisest option, but won't come for free as you will need to pay to switch up to a more flexible fare class.
Thanks for the input KingCanute that's more or less what I thought - too bad, I hoped there's a more optimistic scenario. I tried to sort out a change but it costs even more than just buying a new DOH-CDG ticket at full fare.
Old Sep 30, 22, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by vnau View Post
Thanks for the input KingCanute that's more or less what I thought - too bad, I hoped there's a more optimistic scenario. I tried to sort out a change but it costs even more than just buying a new DOH-CDG ticket at full fare.
Bear in mind that today's price for a one way DOH-CDG may not be the price available on the day of travel for putting this right.
plunet likes this.
Old Sep 30, 22, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by KingCanute View Post

Another ideaBuy sparate return ticket cdg lon
Fly as scheduled om qrDO NOT enter France
Remain in transit area
Fly to London and backEnter France as midnight has passed and it is now the next calendar date
Old Sep 30, 22, 9:15 pm

You may not be allowed to board in KTM if they see you don't have visa coverage for the duration of your stay.

Search this Thread