Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR heavily shrinked business award availability to non-IAG partners outside 60 days?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR heavily shrinked business award availability to non-IAG partners outside 60 days?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2022, 6:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Is it only ever one F award available?
Unsure about the DOH-SYD route, but on DOH-MLE there seemed to be a maximum of two F seats available and released (I booked and flew 2 x 2 first class, flights about an hour apart as a result). The first cabin was empty except for the 2 passengers, the second cabin had 1 other passenger (of a max 6 in the Cathay Wet leases).
Old Sep 8, 2022, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Is it only ever one F award available?
For Sep and Oct, I'm seeing many flights with 2 F award seats for DOH-MLE-DOH flights through AAdvantage
Old Sep 8, 2022, 8:12 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fly747first
For Sep and Oct, I'm seeing many flights with 2 F award seats for DOH-MLE-DOH flights through AAdvantage
Thanks, was more interested in SYD data points.

Also, as of last week VA are a partner who have access to more awards than QF! The partner restrictions are odd, and a non OW partner getting more than QF is bizarre.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 6:10 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
The QCalculator doesn't have VA in the list yet.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 7:04 pm
THR

Also, as of last week VA are a partner who have access to more awards than QF! The partner restrictions are odd, and a non OW partner getting more than QF is bizarre.
That's QF's choice.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
I always search on AA for QR reward availability , are there any DPs on reward seats not showing on AA but available on QR/BA?
Old Sep 19, 2022, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by THR;[url=tel:34584651
34584651[/url]]That's QF's choice.
interesting statement

Can you elaborate and show how it’s QF not releasing QR classic award seats to its customers and not QR withholding them from QF?
Old Sep 19, 2022, 4:43 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tdot_guy
I always search on AA for QR reward availability , are there any DPs on reward seats not showing on AA but available on QR/BA?
Yes and curiously VA getting more than AA.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Anybody know if there is a site that works for QR reward searches which can send an alert? EF is still not working for QR reward searches, so apart from logging in each day to see if F is available on the LHR-DOH route, seeing if anybody knows any other websites that can flag this?

Pilot37
Old Sep 23, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ

I got 2x F award seats DOH-SYD for later in the year, booked not long after the route was upgauged from a 35K to the 388 when availability was pretty open.

"My" program is QFF, and my other half's is BAEC. QFF could only see 1x seat in First online, BA (and QR) could see 2 available. I called Qantas to ask if they had access to a second seat given what other Oneworld partners were offering but was told fairly sternly no, the agent made it sound like there being any F seat available was incorrect...
(This was back in either April or May I think, before the more recent changes that seem to have removed most QR award seats...)

Nevertheless, we booked the seats using Avios. The taxes were lower as well from memory (I just had more QF points to burn)

At present we're the only ones in the cabin (Expertflyer shows F6 A0).

As another somewhat less empirical data point, we flew back from SYD-DOH in June (in J) and the F cabin was close to full, I counted 7 people turn left at the door and not turn back, all who looked far too entitled to have walked down the stairs at the front of the plane to Y...

Last edited by pythonisman; Sep 23, 2022 at 10:22 am Reason: Clarified
Old Sep 23, 2022, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tdot_guy
Just a example, MLE-DOH on 6/10. There should be two each business class award availability on three direct flights. AA can't see that online, but AA's agents can see that.

There are way more examples than this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 4:16 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by pythonisman
I got 2x F award seats DOH-SYD for later in the year, booked not long after the route was upgauged from a 35K to the 388 when availability was pretty open.

"My" program is QFF, and my other half's is BAEC. QFF could only see 1x seat in First online, BA (and QR) could see 2 available. I called Qantas to ask if they had access to a second seat given what other Oneworld partners were offering but was told fairly sternly no, the agent made it sound like there being any F seat available was incorrect...
(This was back in either April or May I think, before the more recent changes that seem to have removed most QR award seats...)

Nevertheless, we booked the seats using Avios. The taxes were lower as well from memory (I just had more QF points to burn)

At present we're the only ones in the cabin (Expertflyer shows F6 A0).

As another somewhat less empirical data point, we flew back from SYD-DOH in June (in J) and the F cabin was close to full, I counted 7 people turn left at the door and not turn back, all who looked far too entitled to have walked down the stairs at the front of the plane to Y...
I believe QF have access to no more than 1 QR award at a time. You will never see two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.