Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Pre-Select Dining service Removed from Manage my booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2022, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

I have an upcoming booking and previously until today there was an option to Pre-Select Dining, However now when I check it is no longer available?

Am I right in thinking that Pre-Select Dining is only available on Q-Suite flights?

The flight wasn't marketed as a Q-Suite flight but is on a A350-900 so there is a 1/3 chance that it is. Could I be right in thinking that there has been a plane change and that's why the Pre-Select Dining has now been removed?
Old Aug 20, 2022, 8:48 am
Community Director Emerita

We are flying LAX-DOH in a Q suite within a few days. I just checked. Although it mentions pre select dining, the only thing I could choose was vegetarian, lacto intolerant, etc. So it appears to have happened to Q suite flights as well.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
There's absolutely no connection to QSuite flights whether the pre-selection options show - you could be on a broomstick for all it matters.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We are flying LAX-DOH in a Q suite within a few days. I just checked. Although it mentions pre select dining, the only thing I could choose was vegetarian, lacto intolerant, etc. So it appears to have happened to Q suite flights as well.
Preselect dining is only available on sectors ex-DOH. Other sectors only get the option to pick the more general meal categories you are seeing in advance
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by djtriggz
I have an upcoming booking and previously until today there was an option to Pre-Select Dining, However now when I check it is no longer available?

Am I right in thinking that Pre-Select Dining is only available on Q-Suite flights?

The flight wasn't marketed as a Q-Suite flight but is on a A350-900 so there is a 1/3 chance that it is. Could I be right in thinking that there has been a plane change and that's why the Pre-Select Dining has now been removed?
Not sure when you are flying but preselect choices are only available until 24 hours before departure
Old Aug 20, 2022, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K

The Pre-Select Dining are for flights departing DOH and on select routes but I think LAX is on there. Maybe on your return route.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Schwann
There's absolutely no connection to QSuite flights whether the pre-selection options show - you could be on a broomstick for all it matters.
Thanks! Can't quite understand why it was removed from the booking then
Old Aug 20, 2022, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KingCanute
Not sure when you are flying but preselect choices are only available until 24 hours before departure
Just under 2 weeks which is why I came back to do it. Its only an issue because I don't eat meat and have learnt the hard way about ordering a special meal whilst in J. I guess just selecting a seat closer to the front of the cabin will help.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 12:25 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by djtriggz
Just under 2 weeks which is why I came back to do it. Its only an issue because I don't eat meat and have learnt the hard way about ordering a special meal whilst in J. I guess just selecting a seat closer to the front of the cabin will help.
Mention this to a flight attendant when you board. They are accustomed to dietary restrictions and will look out for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.