Cancelled Flight

Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Gold Ambassador
Cancelled Flight

New to this forum as I usually post in the United forum. Just had my return leg cancelled from KHI-IAH via Doha because the layover is 27 hours. Currently in Karachi and was supposed to fly out today. Qatar says the only way to get back is to purchase one ways for $2000+/per seat. Does this seem right? Do I have any other options? Customer service has been horrendous. TIA!
Old Jul 29, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mgobluetex
New to this forum as I usually post in the United forum. Just had my return leg cancelled from KHI-IAH via Doha because the layover is 27 hours. Currently in Karachi and was supposed to fly out today. Qatar says the only way to get back is to purchase one ways for $2000+/per seat. Does this seem right? Do I have any other options? Customer service has been horrendous. TIA!
You didn't say above, but I assume they denied boarding because your origin is a red list country, and the transit time is more than 24hrs meaning you couldn't stay airside and had to enter the country but be forced to quarantine.

Did you originally book it with a 27 hour layover, or has the ticket has ended up with a longer layover because of schedule changes?
Old Jul 29, 2022, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by plunet
You didn't say above, but I assume they denied boarding because your origin is a red list country, and the transit time is more than 24hrs meaning you couldn't stay airside and had to enter the country but be forced to quarantine.

Did you originally book it with a 27 hour layover, or has the ticket has ended up with a longer layover because of schedule changes?
Yes it is a red listed country and yes they allowed the booking with a 27 hour layover. No schedule changes
Old Jul 30, 2022, 1:10 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mgobluetex
Yes it is a red listed country and yes they allowed the booking with a 27 hour layover. No schedule changes
​​​​​​Unfortunately it's not the airline's fault for permitting the booking as it's always for the passenger to comply with immigration customs and health requirements. They don't know if you have a diplomatic passport or other VIP status that might preclude you from certain requirements, nor do they know if the state of Qatar will change their requirements between the time that you booked and when you fly.

On this occasion you do need to look for alternative flights, you should be able to recover the cost of your original booked ticket subject to paying both the no show and change fees as a penalty - there might not be much value left though. Sorry you have ended up in this sticky situation, it must be frustrating.
mgobluetex likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Not the airlines fault but they at least could have assisted in rebooking OP.
mgobluetex and GalaxyChris like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.