Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Ba ticket but Qatar flights. Can I use my silver extra baggage allowance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

So I have a business class flight tomorrow from edi to Lhe. Ticket was bought on British airways website but flights are all qr aircraft.

Ticket says 2 pieces (2x32kg).

i want to know if I can take an additional 3rd luggage item which is under 15kg? As per Qatar silver benefits.

any help would be great thanks
Old Jul 10, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Madevo
So I have a business class flight tomorrow from edi to Lhe. Ticket was bought on British airways website but flights are all qr aircraft.

Ticket says 2 pieces (2x32kg).

i want to know if I can take an additional 3rd luggage item which is under 15kg? As per Qatar silver benefits.

any help would be great thanks
Yes, assuming you are OneWorld Sapphire (BA Silver or QR Gold) you can assume you will get at least 15kg additional allowance. It might be 20kg as per the QRPC rules.

Note that airlines typically prefer any one bag to be no more than 32kg.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 10:40 am
Original Poster

So just wanted to update on here for anyone interested.

im only Qatar silver and my ba ticket on qr operated planes had 2x32kg.

I turned up at the Qatar check in desk at edi with 3 items. One extra item was 14kg so was within my silver qr allowance.

the lady at check in tried to be as awkward as possible. She has been working at edi for years and is straight up rude. Every time I’ve had her she’s been rude.

Anyway she made a fuss (as expected as soon as I seen her pissed off face).

she said I’m not a silver qr member.

umm yes I am. Shall I log in to your own app and show you. Which I did and guess what she told me that I’m not silver because it’s not coming up on her system and I’ll have to pay for the 3rd item.

I had to make a fuss. I am
silver, have been for previous 8 years.

I asked her to confirm again. Funny. All of a sudden she could see I was silver.

They want a second referendum in Scotland. LOL

total joke. I wish I knew her name I would complain.
plunet likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Madevo
total joke. I wish I knew her name I would complain.
Internally the staff members name will be lodged against your check in record. You could ping Qatar an email and ask for it to be brought to the attention of the EDI station manager.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 3:55 pm

Programs: Mucci; BAEC GGL; (In memoriam: KLM Flying Dutchman Royal Wing & FB Platinum Elite)
What has a second referendum got to do with the price of fish, never mind your unhappiness with the check in person?
Old Jul 10, 2022, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beamac
What has a second referendum got to do with the price of fish, never mind your unhappiness with the check in person?

Last edited by Madevo; Jul 10, 2022 at 8:03 pm
Old Jul 10, 2022, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beamac

If the tables were turned and it was you who was on the receiving end of such behaviour by staff , I imagine your view would be much different.

Last edited by Madevo; Jul 10, 2022 at 8:05 pm
Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:08 am

Programs: Mucci; BAEC GGL; (In memoriam: KLM Flying Dutchman Royal Wing & FB Platinum Elite)
I would be unhappy if someone was rude to me at check in.

My point is that the comment about a referendum was irrelevant to your argument. The use of the word ‘they’ infers that all Scottish people are as rude as the staff member you describe, which we are not, or at least no more than any other UK citizen. If her behaviour does not appear to be a one off as you suggest (we all have off days) then why did you not complain at the time? If her behaviour concerns you enough I would suggest taking the route suggested by Plunet above iotherwise let it lie. Complaining here will achieve nothing in rectifying the situation for yourself and others.
DiamondMile and florin like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.