Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar 77W first class is worse than QSuites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar 77W first class is worse than QSuites

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2022, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Original tickets were booked with cash. Spookily, I had just checked my trip and there was an upgrade offer - one way only, for both passengers, €2600 or 266,000 avios!! So I don't think we will be bothering.
Definitely not worth it haha.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 8:26 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
How do I know if the flight I'm on will be operated by a 777 from Cathay? I'm booking a flight to Cairo from the US via Doha and the DOH-CAI segment says "First" under the booking code and is operated by a 777W.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 4:23 am

Programs: OWE, *G
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
How do I know if the flight I'm on will be operated by a 777 from Cathay? I'm booking a flight to Cairo from the US via Doha and the DOH-CAI segment says "First" under the booking code and is operated by a 777W.
On Middle East destinations business class is labelled as first class - and you’ll get access to Al Safwa. It is still the regular business class seat.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by DMPHL
If your ticket will require that you have award space to upgrade, IME QR won't open up space for upgrade (miles or cash) to F if there is no one yet booked in the F cabin.
So the easy way would be to book a paid ticket in First, get the award seats after they open up the award space and cancel the original paid ticket after that
Old Jul 25, 2022, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ICPUI
So the easy way would be to book a paid ticket in First, get the award seats after they open up the award space and cancel the original paid ticket after that
Ha! This may be different on the regional routes (which is essentially F nominally when just 2-class)

My experience is mostly limited to the LHR and CDG routes on the A380 where there are 3 classes. Many times I've waited for award space to F to open up, as it's been F8 right up to departure. If it's F8, I guess they aren't going to open the F cabin, plan for F catering, assign cabin crew, just for one or two awards or upgrades. If there are revenue F passengers booked, then it might make sense, as well as if they can oversell J and get some extra revenue for upgrades into F.

But I guess it makes sense, with J cabins as full as they are on those routes, to just not incur the extra cost, and have more cabin crew helping out in J. My guess is it might be same for MLE since it is 3-cabin F (i.e. open it up if there are already paying F customers, or make more room for additional J cash bookings), but who knows!
Old Jul 25, 2022, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by DMPHL
Ha! This may be different on the regional routes (which is essentially F nominally when just 2-class)

My experience is mostly limited to the LHR and CDG routes on the A380 where there are 3 classes. Many times I've waited for award space to F to open up, as it's been F8 right up to departure. If it's F8, I guess they aren't going to open the F cabin, plan for F catering, assign cabin crew, just for one or two awards or upgrades. If there are revenue F passengers booked, then it might make sense, as well as if they can oversell J and get some extra revenue for upgrades into F.

But I guess it makes sense, with J cabins as full as they are on those routes, to just not incur the extra cost, and have more cabin crew helping out in J. My guess is it might be same for MLE since it is 3-cabin F (i.e. open it up if there are already paying F customers, or make more room for additional J cash bookings), but who knows!
Im waiting since 2 months for two F-Awards. My flight DOH-MLE is next week but I dont think I get the chance to upgrade. They want 1300$+++ or 133'000 Avios pp for the paid upgrade, thats just ridiculous, a normal upgrade would be 19'000 Avios. I think I will stuck in J.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
If you look at the seat map, there's no business class. Every CAI I can see is the two class economy-first model.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.