Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where have J Award on QR gone ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Where have J Award on QR gone ?

For the entire summer and all the way leading to the world cup, I can find no J award seat available on most of the EU-DOH sectors, both ways.

Tried ZRH, CDG, LHR, BRU, FRA, BER, MUC but unsuccessful.

Am sitting on qCredits that expire in July and it's a bummer not to be able to find anything to redeem them on...

Anyone has any explanation on why is that?
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: NZ
Flights are full with paying passengers (or QR expect them to be full) so why give away award seats?
Deckter likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:39 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by clsdn
For the entire summer and all the way leading to the world cup, I can find no J award seat available on most of the EU-DOH sectors, both ways.

Am sitting on qCredits that expire in July and it's a bummer not to be able to find anything to redeem them on...

I did manage to book a flexi award, because it made sense for me. There's awards out there, but they're expensive.

Otherwise, I see decent availability next April and May.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:48 am
Original Poster

When I mean award, I mean the 'regular' price, not the 2x one -- the latter being available on most flights.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 8:53 am

I noticed QR award space drastically disappeared once the AVIOS + QR tie up was implemented, additioally there seemed to only be 2 J seats per flight, where previous to the AVIOS+QR merger there were more. Furthermore i believe QR removed (blackout or sold) all of the dates around the world cup as I looked for these but was unable to get anything
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:23 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
When I mean award, I mean the 'regular' price, not the 2x one -- the latter being available on most flights.
Award travel at the lowest price has always been capacity controlled.

Originally Posted by babyg_wc
I noticed QR award space drastically disappeared once the AVIOS + QR tie up was implemented, additioally there seemed to only be 2 J seats per flight, where previous to the AVIOS+QR merger there were more. Furthermore i believe QR removed (blackout or sold) all of the dates around the world cup as I looked for these but was unable to get anything
I used a bunch of BA Avios to redeem my award (Chase UR 30% bonus helped!). The number of people looking at the same awards has increased by, if I were to hazard a guess, at least 2x, if not more.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
It's getting worse. For an upcoming itinerary, I keep checking the availability and there is no U whatsoever. Yet in manage my booking, I see an upgrade offer for cash for one of the flights.
I gather they are restricting U inventory even more now that they expect some folks to pay cash to upgrade
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:30 am
Original Poster

'glad' to hear this is not only my impression but a shared by some of you...

It's always been regulated but never been that 'dry'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.