Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's going on with QR836

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2022, 6:27 am

Did Qatar offer to put you on one of the other DOH-BKK flights?
Old Sep 11, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by KaiW90
Did Qatar offer to put you on one of the other DOH-BKK flights?
​​​​​
Nah, they claimed it was full but you could still buy a few seats on their website. No way they were fitting us all on the other flights anyway.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
So, Sunday's QR836 was delayed by 17 hours in the end. The other A380 to BKK, QR830, was delayed by 5 hours. Monday's QR836 isn't expected to leave until 12:30, so a 10 hour delay - and we all know that departure time is likely to slip...

Wonder why QR / AAB hates BKK so much?!
Old Sep 11, 2022, 7:00 pm

Programs: HHonorsGold, MarriottPlat, BAEC Gold, FlyingBlue Silver
This sounds even worse than the troubles they had earlier this summer. Now even the return timings from Bangkok are severely impacted. Sorry you’re going through this ordeal right now. Glad I made it through to Bangkok with ‘only’ an hour delay, but not too optimistic for my return this coming weekend.

I’d assume they let you come to the airport later in BKK and keep checkin desks open, does anyone know?

Last edited by MOZBOB; Sep 11, 2022 at 7:23 pm
Old Sep 11, 2022, 7:17 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
QF are having similar issues with their 4 reactivated A388s. One goes Mx and the whole network schedule is thrown out with pax being delayed up to 24 hours or moved onto 787s.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 7:21 pm

Still haven’t heard from anyone here that successfully claimed their EC261 compensation, if originating in or going to an EU country.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by MOZBOB
Still haven’t heard from anyone here that successfully claimed their EC261 compensation, if originating in or going to an EU country.
I claimed for an EU-BKK delay on this flight a few months ago and the money was in my account within 2 weeks of first making contact with QR. No pushback at all and a sincere sounding apology. Handled very well in my opinion.

Note that you would not be entitled to EC261 compensation flying BKK-EU because QR are not an EU airline.
MOZBOB and Traveller999 like this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by KingCanute
Note that you would not be entitled to EC261 compensation flying BKK-EU because QR are not an EU airline.
aah dang, right. I looked at this before my outbound from the EU and (wrongly) assumed the same applies for the return, as my ticket originates the EU…..but indeed, it appears to be the individual journey, outbound or return, not the ticket.
Thanks for pointing that out! Good to read though that they didn’t cause any trouble or delays with payment, where it applied.
KingCanute likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: TK M&S, BAEC, EK
I noticed QR830 has also been delayed a few times recently.

Am flying SOF-DOH-BKK-CNX in about 10 days. The final sector is PG, but it's one ticket and the whole itinerary is showing on both the QR and PG websites.

If I miss the PG connection, will QR be proactive in rebooking me onto a later one ?
​​​​​​

Last edited by michlflyer; Sep 12, 2022 at 1:05 pm Reason: Quoted wrong post
Old Sep 12, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Meanwhile QR832 (8AM DOH-BKK flight) is the epitome of QR aircraft swap/scheduling inconsistency with pretty much a random combination of the entire QR wide body fleet operating that flight depending on the day of the week lol, from A380, 77W, 788 to 333 you name it.

Also on Thursdays BKK is now 3x daily A380 as QR832 is showing as operated by A380 on those days.

I don’t get their logic for BKK it’s like QR832 basically gets whatever aircraft they have available on the day.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 7:34 am

I was a passenger on Sunday’s QR836 DOH - BKK. QA staff were awful… had little
empathy or awareness that some
passengers had been in the terminal 17 hours with no assistance. The most we were offered was a capped food voucher and blanket. At a push, a select few managed to gain access to the Silver lounge for circa 2 hours (but this took some real perseverance with a crowd of angry passengers to the duty manager). Can anyone advise best/quickest method to claim compensation with QA? Their website states flights >3500km with +4 hour delay are entitled to 600 EUR, however this is from a EU airport to a non EU airport - how does this apply here?
Old Sep 13, 2022, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by brafa_43
I was a passenger on Sunday’s QR836 DOH - BKK. QA staff were awful… had little
empathy or awareness that some
passengers had been in the terminal 17 hours with no assistance. The most we were offered was a capped food voucher and blanket. At a push, a select few managed to gain access to the Silver lounge for circa 2 hours (but this took some real perseverance with a crowd of angry passengers to the duty manager). Can anyone advise best/quickest method to claim compensation with QA? Their website states flights >3500km with +4 hour delay are entitled to 600 EUR, however this is from a EU airport to a non EU airport - how does this apply here?
A flight from Doha to XXX on QR is covered by UK261 or EU261 if the passenger started their journey in the UK or EU respectively on one ticket, and of course assuming an applicable delay reason.

You can email [email protected] to make your claim.
KingCanute likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
A flight from Doha to XXX on QR is covered by UK261 or EU261 if the passenger started their journey in the UK or EU respectively on one ticket, and of course assuming an applicable delay reason.

You can email [email protected] to make your claim.
Or use this link:

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/help.html#feedback

File it as a complaint. My advice would be to stick to the facts - You had a journey ticketed from X to Y on (insert date) but arrived X hours later than scheduled at Y due to whatever the applicable delay reason was, and would like to claim the EC261 delay compensation of €€€.

If you want to make other complaints about the service at DOH or whatever, separate complaints may be more effective, and ensure each goes to the relevant departments inboxes. The people dealing with EC261 most likely have nothing to do with ground services at the airport.
brunos and rt23456p like this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 5:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by nomadabroad
Meanwhile QR832 (8AM DOH-BKK flight) is the epitome of QR aircraft swap/scheduling inconsistency with pretty much a random combination of the entire QR wide body fleet operating that flight depending on the day of the week lol, from A380, 77W, 788 to 333 you name it.
I would happily have taken a random plane if I had known that the *worst* delay experienced by QR832 was a mere 2.5 hours, according to Flightstats

Instead, I'll be playing "QR836 roulette" next week. Apparently, I will have a 2% chance of arriving on time with QR836, and a 51% chance of being "excessively late", with an average delay of 2 hours, standard deviation of 3 hours, and a max delay of 15 hours. Statistically speaking, *100% of other flights in the world* are more reliable than this one Source: https://www.flightstats.com/v2/fligh...ing/QR/836/DOH

I can't wait to find out if I make my connection at BKK...

Old Sep 13, 2022, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by kt74
I would happily have taken a random plane if I had known that the *worst* delay experienced by QR832 was a mere 2.5 hours, according to Flightstats

Instead, I'll be playing "QR836 roulette" next week. Apparently, I will have a 2% chance of arriving on time with QR836, and a 51% chance of being "excessively late", with an average delay of 2 hours, standard deviation of 3 hours, and a max delay of 15 hours. Statistically speaking, *100% of other flights in the world* are more reliable than this one Source: https://www.flightstats.com/v2/fligh...ing/QR/836/DOH

I can't wait to find out if I make my connection at BKK...

TBH if there’s a delay. It’s normally delayed till 7am. It’s happened to be twice so far and I was on the 17hr flight. The first time it happened I missed my connection. The ground staff at Doha are really overworked and not very helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.