Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Can I leave airport for 10 hours if fully vaccinated but NO Covid test

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I leave airport for 10 hours if fully vaccinated but NO Covid test

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
As an Australian national I did get a PCR test but it was never asked for. I did the pre-registration and got the approval and QR code to show I'm clear to enter, also not asked for... so who knows if the test is enforced at all.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by stifle
I do not see an exception from testing for UK nationals on the MOPH website. Only EU and GCC.
Its not very clear and in the table it doesnt mention UK.
Under General Policy 8b it mentions that those from the UK and EU are exempt from the online registration. It then says they are required to proceed to any authorized private clinics for Rapid Antigen Test within 24hours of their arrival in Qatar.

It is a little clearer on the Qatar Airways website under travel and entry requirements;
  • Fully vaccinated/recovered GCC, EU, UK, and Malaysian National/Resident - If a resident of a GCC country or an EU, UK, and Malaysian national/resident does not have a pre-travel PCR, the traveller must proceed to any authorized private clinics for Rapid Antigen test within 24 hours of arrival; otherwise, not applicable.

I had visitors come to Qatar from the UK in May and had no problems with the testing on arrival. At first the Qatar Airways check in staff were a little confused that they didn't have a PCR test but after checking with the supervisor everything was ok. I put that down to the fact the rules had only changed a week or so before.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Ben_W
Its not very clear and in the table it doesnt mention UK.
Under General Policy 8b it mentions that those from the UK and EU are exempt from the online registration. It then says they are required to proceed to any authorized private clinics for Rapid Antigen Test within 24hours of their arrival in Qatar.

It is a little clearer on the Qatar Airways website under travel and entry requirements;
  • Fully vaccinated/recovered GCC, EU, UK, and Malaysian National/Resident - If a resident of a GCC country or an EU, UK, and Malaysian national/resident does not have a pre-travel PCR, the traveller must proceed to any authorized private clinics for Rapid Antigen test within 24 hours of arrival; otherwise, not applicable
There seems to be a discrepancy here. The QR website mentions Malaysian nationals under one of the exceptions, but I can't find that info anywhere on the MOPH website or Timatic. On the other hand, the effective date of QR's info is later than MOPH's website. If push came to shove at check-in I wonder how they'll interpret this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by SilverChris
There seems to be a discrepancy here. The QR website mentions Malaysian nationals under one of the exceptions, but I can't find that info anywhere on the MOPH website or Timatic. On the other hand, the effective date of QR's info is later than MOPH's website. If push came to shove at check-in I wonder how they'll interpret this.
Yes the Malaysian nationals is an interesting one as you said its not mentioned on the MOPH website.
I remember when this rule was first changed and all over the news it clearly stated GCC, EU & UK nationals. A few days later I had a couple of family members from the UK visit me in Qatar and whilst at first the check in agent was a little confused as to why they didn't have a PCR test it was fine. I took them to a private clinic the following day for an antigen test.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.