Booking Qatar award with BA Avios

Old Jun 6, 2022, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Does one need to dismantle Household Account at BA first in order to link the QR account?
Happy

Nope, however, only the individual's personal BA Avios balance can be transferred over to Qatar Avios.
Happy likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
I booked "First" DOH-CAI today using BA avios, am I entitled to enjoy Al Safwa or even 125 award ticket are excluded now?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 9:20 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by 747jetter
I booked "First" DOH-CAI today using BA avios, am I entitled to enjoy Al Safwa or even 125 award ticket are excluded now?
You will be allowed entry as it's a F award redemption.
747jetter likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Hi, I am wanting to book an award flight with Avios on qatarairways.com. The cost is 350k Avios and I have a BA household account with my wife with enough Avios between us. Is it possible to book on qatarairways.com even though neither of us have 350k individually but we do in our BA household account?
Old Jun 9, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
Hi - I am hoping someone can assist me here with my fairly novice question. I am a current BAEC member but not part of Qatar's Privilege Club. I have seen availability for a J reward flight I am after next year on the BA website and wondering if it is better to setup an account with QR and transfer avios over? Concerns around seat selection, ease of online check-in etc. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ambpark
Hi - I am hoping someone can assist me here with my fairly novice question. I am a current BAEC member but not part of Qatar's Privilege Club. I have seen availability for a J reward flight I am after next year on the BA website and wondering if it is better to setup an account with QR and transfer avios over? Concerns around seat selection, ease of online check-in etc. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!
I'd be tempted to book via Qatar. Their cancellation fees are less than BAEC and if there are schedule changes/ cancellations etc you have more rebooking scope with Privilege Club.
ambpark likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Crofton138
Hi, I am wanting to book an award flight with Avios on qatarairways.com. The cost is 350k Avios and I have a BA household account with my wife with enough Avios between us. Is it possible to book on qatarairways.com even though neither of us have 350k individually but we do in our BA household account?
Is the cost of a one-way flight 350K Avios, or is that for a roundtrip?
Old Jun 10, 2022, 6:24 am

Programs: QR Gold, Skyteam Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Priviledge Club is cheaper and offers greater choice for QR flights

I coincidentlly checked yesterday award availability for a C class flight SIN-FRA later this year. As i am also quite flexible i checked for availability with single miles (impossible to find during high season now). I found a nice connection involving a morning flight from SIN and a relaxed over night stay in DOH. I then COMPARED the cost and availability on Priviledge Club and Executive Club. Clear result: On EC also the QR conncection showed up - but only one of 4 options shown on PC. And: EC required significantly more miles for the one QR flight shown. So my conclusion was: in this case it would have been definitely worth to transfer EC avios to PC - cheaper and greater choice. As to linking accounts: i also almost got a nervous breakdown trying to do this. But the PC contact center i found extremely helpful via email. They always come back within 24h. In my case the problem was: i have 2 first names. While in EC they are recorded as two first names, in PC they are recorded as one first name and one middle initial - hence the accounts did not match. Big thank you to the great and efficient people in the contact center of Qatar Airways Priviledge Club.
Happy likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by ambpark
Why not suck it and see, as they say . Join Priority Club, shift some miles across and try it. You can always flush the miles back to BAEC if things don't work out.

just make sure that all data in both programmes align correctly before you attempt to merge them. Date of birth seems to be one of the items prone to mismatch problems. Once the link is completed the transfer of miles is pretty streamlined.

I found very significantly improved availabilty on QR services using the PC site.
Happy, CO-PLAT and ambpark like this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 8:06 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by guv1976
Is the cost of a one-way flight 350K Avios, or is that for a roundtrip?
It's MAN-AKL so actually 360k roundtrip for 2 people. Seems I could book as two separate tickets at 180k per person as my wife and I both have >200k Avios each. If I book on BA using my household account, BA want 452k Avios so quite a lot more than the 360k on Qatar's website.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 8:58 am

Seems I could book as two separate tickets at 180k per person as my wife and I both have >200k Avios each.
Unless there are savings booking round-trip vs. one-way, I would book two separate one-way bookings for 2 pax. Easier to deal with a single PNR each way
MDWCommuter likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:09 pm

Short answer is call BA Exec. I have just done pretty much the same .... LHR-DOH-MLE return in First. But have to say I needed support to do it, could not achieve that on-line.

It's worth the call mind as they used a 241, way less miles than I expected and amazingly less tax than expected. Was first class service.

I would save yourself the pain and call BA and make the reservation via their people under the miles option. The four ladies I spoke with this week were absolutely perfect and dedicated several hours to getting it just so. There was a delay in calculating the incurred tax but it proved worth the wait.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Originally Posted by carl321
QR lets you look at award flights without having points in your account? I had to transfer from BA to QR until then they didnt let me search for award flights. Im in Canada transferring from Amex to BA to QR
It was 8 weeks ago, I honestly dont recall. I certainly didnt have any miles from flying because I normally credit to BAEC - maybe there was like 1000 miles in my QR account that I might have got for free for opening the account. I certainly didnt have the miles in my QR account to do the trip, I searched first and then transferred the required miles from BAEC.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
Originally Posted by Atacama40
Short answer is call BA Exec. I have just done pretty much the same .... LHR-DOH-MLE return in First. But have to say I needed support to do it, could not achieve that on-line.

It's worth the call mind as they used a 241, way less miles than I expected and amazingly less tax than expected. Was first class service.

I would save yourself the pain and call BA and make the reservation via their people under the miles option. The four ladies I spoke with this week were absolutely perfect and dedicated several hours to getting it just so. There was a delay in calculating the incurred tax but it proved worth the wait.
I thought 241s were only for flights on BA metal or am I reading the terms and conditions wrongly.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 6:18 am

Programs: BA gold, Hilton Diamond
never mind

Last edited by stijnec; Oct 13, 2022 at 6:25 am Reason: found the reply

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.