Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Transfer bank points to Privilege Club with 40% bonus

Old Jun 2, 22, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, M&M

Until the end of June, transfer bank reward points to Provilege Club and get between 20-40% avios bonus, depending on the amount transferred.

Full details in the link below:

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Priv...9c07320a18050d
Old Jun 2, 22, 8:47 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Does anyone know if the bonus points post immediately? I know T&C say it takes up to 45 days but that usually just is a worse case scenario IME
Old Jun 2, 22, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by brokenwindow View Post
Does anyone know if the bonus points post immediately? I know T&C say it takes up to 45 days but that usually just is a worse case scenario IME
I just did a 68,000 point transfer from Citi to Qatar. I'll keep you updated on how long it takes. Transfer was instant for the 68,000 Avios.
Globalist likes this.
Old Jun 2, 22, 10:37 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Duane Haas View Post
I just did a 68,000 point transfer from Citi to Qatar. I'll keep you updated on how long it takes. Transfer was instant for the 68,000 Avios.
Is it a 1=1 transfer rate? I've got HSBC AirMiles that I am thinking of transfering. However, because bonus is based on per transaction and not cumulative, I will wait closer to the end of campaign to squeeze every last point value
Also, if you transferred 68,000 points, why is it showing 68,000 Avios? Should it not be more with the tiered bonus of 20% at the first 20,000 point threshold, and then 40% for the remaining 48,000 points?
Old Jun 2, 22, 10:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Just playing with this idea..
I could transfer 200.000 miles from Citibank to QRPC and get 80.000 bonus?

The could I then transfer those back into my BAEC account?

Globalist.
Old Jun 3, 22, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, M&M
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha View Post
Is it a 1=1 transfer rate? I've got HSBC AirMiles that I am thinking of transfering. However, because bonus is based on per transaction and not cumulative, I will wait closer to the end of campaign to squeeze every last point value
Also, if you transferred 68,000 points, why is it showing 68,000 Avios? Should it not be more with the tiered bonus of 20% at the first 20,000 point threshold, and then 40% for the remaining 48,000 points?
Bonus is only awarded up to 45 days later.

Originally Posted by Globalist View Post
Just playing with this idea..
I could transfer 200.000 miles from Citibank to QRPC and get 80.000 bonus?

The could I then transfer those back into my BAEC account?

Globalist.
Pretty much
Old Jun 3, 22, 3:03 am

Any idea if this offer is only for existing Privilege Club accounts, will a new account be eligible ? I've checked the terms and conditions section and didn't see a list of countries for Amex card holders, do you know if french Amex users are eligible ?
Old Jun 4, 22, 8:44 pm

Programs: Qatar PC
Originally Posted by Deckter View Post
Until the end of June, transfer bank reward points to Provilege Club and get between 20-40% avios bonus, depending on the amount transferred.

Full details in the link below:

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Priv...9c07320a18050d

is this only for banks in Qatar?
Old Jun 5, 22, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha View Post
Citi was a 1:1 transfer. I have not yet received the bonus points. I am looking to book flights for next summer on Iberia so even at 45 days I should be ok.
Old Jun 5, 22, 8:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by carl321 View Post
is this only for banks in Qatar?
Did you read the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page in the link at all?
Old Jun 5, 22, 12:59 pm

Programs: Qatar PC
Originally Posted by Cat88L3 View Post
Did you read the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page in the link at all?
thanks for being rude
oruvin likes this.
Old Jun 5, 22, 1:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by carl321 View Post
thanks for being rude
I'm not being rude. Nothing in my post is derogatory or rude. It's a very valid question.
NoY, vsadda and nexusCFX like this.
Old Jun 13, 22, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Ciumpy View Post
Any idea if this offer is only for existing Privilege Club accounts, will a new account be eligible ? I've checked the terms and conditions section and didn't see a list of countries for Amex card holders, do you know if french Amex users are eligible ?
Did you go ahead with the transfer?
Old Jun 13, 22, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Cat88L3 View Post
I'm not being rude. Nothing in my post is derogatory or rude. It's a very valid question.
It's easier to ask a question here, I guess

Last edited by vsadda; Jun 13, 22 at 5:06 pm
Old Jun 14, 22, 8:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Plat, HY Globule
Originally Posted by Duane Haas View Post
I transferred on 02Jun as well, but only 1000 points, just to see. So far, no bonus points but the regular point transfer was ~immediate. T&Cs say "All bonus Avios earned will reflect in your Privilege Club account within 45 days from the date that Bank Rewards Points are converted into Avios or credited to your Privilege Club account", so if anyone is transferring to use immediately, you will likely have a wait for the bonus.

ETA: If anyone didn't read closely, the 40% bonus is only for transfers of 20K or greater. Under 20K gives a 20% bonus. All bonuses are per transaction, not cumulative.

Last edited by xooz; Jun 14, 22 at 8:49 pm

Search this Thread