Wiki Posts
Search

QR SIN Lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
QR SIN Lounge

Any idea when the QR SIN lounge will be re-opening?
mrphille likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 1:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
Any idea when the QR SIN lounge will be re-opening?
It's anyone's guess but with the 9pm flight only starting at October 30th it seems unlikely. The current lounge (SATS) is not worth your time and at a 2.30am departure only the duty free perfume and alcohol shop is open. Not even a Starbucks.

When we were in the SATS lounge 3 weeks ago there was only some curry chicken which ran out in minutes and the next time food would be available would be an hour later (the same dish). There was zero food. Just some drinks. The lounge was dirty and unkept. There is a QR code with a menu but none of the food items can be requested.

I have had better lounge experiences in 3rd world countries.

Globalist
florin likes this.

Last edited by Globalist; Jun 2, 2022 at 1:48 am
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Globalist
It's anyone's guess but with the 9pm flight only starting at October 30th it seems unlikely. The current lounge (SATS) is not worth your time and at a 2.30am departure only the duty free perfume and alcohol shop is open. Not even a Starbucks.

When we were in the SATS lounge 3 weeks ago there was only some curry chicken which ran out in minutes and the next time food would be available would be an hour later (the same dish). There was zero food. Just some drinks. The lounge was dirty and unkept. There is a QR code with a menu but none of the food items can be requested.

I have had better lounge experiences in 3rd world countries.

Globalist
I agree this lounge has seen better days, but I was able to get items from the menu by asking one of the people cleaning up. (Yes, there are people cleaning up, although you might not realise this by looking at how much rubbish there is lying around ) This has changed? I think I was last there on April 9, and will be again in a bit over two weeks.

I was riding my bicycle around the airport a few weeks ago in the early afternoon, and an aeroplane took off, flying directly over me, with "Qatar" written on the belly, so either the 2:40am flight was very seriously delayed, or an afternoon flight is back. I don't know if the SATS lounge is any better during the day, the last time I would have been there other than for the 2:40am flight would have been more than two years ago.

It is pretty bad at night.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 7:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rberk
I agree this lounge has seen better days, but I was able to get items from the menu by asking one of the people cleaning up. (Yes, there are people cleaning up, although you might not realise this by looking at how much rubbish there is lying around ) This has changed? I think I was last there on April 9, and will be again in a bit over two weeks.

I was riding my bicycle around the airport a few weeks ago in the early afternoon, and an aeroplane took off, flying directly over me, with "Qatar" written on the belly, so either the 2:40am flight was very seriously delayed, or an afternoon flight is back. I don't know if the SATS lounge is any better during the day, the last time I would have been there other than for the 2:40am flight would have been more than two years ago.

It is pretty bad at night.
The SATS lounge has always been poor, better before covid but definitely not near what you would expect from QR.

we were there April 29/30 and it was really bad. We did ask about the food on the menu but were clearly told they did not have anything else besides the curry slob. A new batch would come at midnight and that was gone in minutes.

Yes, there was staff cleaning but it was more like collecting empty glasses from unoccupied seats. Used tissues water stains and scattered peanuts were not wiped off. Empty glass at my seat was not even looked at.

There is no QR flight bookable on the website and the 9pm flight only returns October 30.

Globalist

Last edited by Globalist; Jul 4, 2022 at 5:50 am Reason: Typo
Old Jun 2, 2022, 8:39 am

we were there April 29/30 and it was really bad. We did ask about the food on the menu but were clearly told they did not have anything else besides the curry slob. A new back would come at midnight and that was gone in minutes.
OK, I did a bit better than that in April.

I had a similar experience in March, but I didn't realise there were menus accessible through the QR code, so I didn't know to ask. Maybe I could have gotten something.

Yes, there was staff cleaning but it was more like collecting empty glasses from unoccupied seats. Used tissues water stains and scattered peanuts were not wiped off. Empty glass at my seat was not even looked at.
Quite similar experience the two days I was there this year.

There is no QR flight bookable on the website and the 9pm flight only returns October 30.
I see at the website that some days of the week, there is a flight leaving SIN around 10:30, and other days of the week, at 20:55. The particular days of the week seem to vary from week to week, and the 20:55 flight seems to disappear entirely around July. I was not able to book the 20:55 flight on any of the days in June when I saw it in the schedule. (Fully booked already? On many days, the 2:40 flight was also not offered.) I tried the 10:30 flight (I think it might actually have been 10:25) on July 19, and it was offered to me as a choice.

I saw "Qatar" very clearly, I don't think there was any mistake. But I also remember clearly that it was afternoon. So maybe the most likely possibilities were (a) the 10:30 flight was operating that day, but severely delayed, (b) a flight from somewhere else had some sort of problem and made an unscheduled stop in Singapore, (c) there was an aircraft stored in Singapore, which is not a good place to store them due to the humidity, or (d) they had an aeroplane here for some sort of maintenance (but then why not DOH?). Perhaps there are other possibilities.
Globalist likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 10:22 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
It could have been a freight flight?

OK, I did a bit better than that in April.

I had a similar experience in March, but I didn't realise there were menus accessible through the QR code, so I didn't know to ask. Maybe I could have gotten something.

Quite similar experience the two days I was there this year.

I see at the website that some days of the week, there is a flight leaving SIN around 10:30, and other days of the week, at 20:55. The particular days of the week seem to vary from week to week, and the 20:55 flight seems to disappear entirely around July. I was not able to book the 20:55 flight on any of the days in June when I saw it in the schedule. (Fully booked already? On many days, the 2:40 flight was also not offered.) I tried the 10:30 flight (I think it might actually have been 10:25) on July 19, and it was offered to me as a choice.

I saw "Qatar" very clearly, I don't think there was any mistake. But I also remember clearly that it was afternoon. So maybe the most likely possibilities were (a) the 10:30 flight was operating that day, but severely delayed, (b) a flight from somewhere else had some sort of problem and made an unscheduled stop in Singapore, (c) there was an aircraft stored in Singapore, which is not a good place to store them due to the humidity, or (d) they had an aeroplane here for some sort of maintenance (but then why not DOH?). Perhaps there are other possibilities.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: Skywards silver
My flight mid October was changed from 2130
to 1025.
Globalist likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 7:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls
to 1025.
I just love flyertalk

Globalist
Old Jun 3, 2022, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by daveashcroftuk
It could have been a freight flight?
Might have been.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls
to 1025.
I noticed that flight 947 seems to fly in the morning some days, and the evening on others . . .
Old Jun 3, 2022, 1:25 am

And, I have an MH flight from SIN in a bit over 19 hours, so I think there is some daytime SATS lounge in my future. Unless MH is using some other lounge.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 7:54 pm

And, I have an MH flight from SIN in a bit over 19 hours, so I think there is some daytime SATS lounge in my future. Unless MH is using some other lounge.
I got a diffeeent lounge from MH (there now), so unable to report on SATS.

In terms of lounges, though, it might be better to fly MH up to Kuala Lumpur and then take the QR flight from there.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Thanks for all the advice.

Any idea when the check in counters open for a 2.40 am departure from SIN?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
Thanks for all the advice.

Any idea when the check in counters open for a 2.40 am departure from SIN?
Usually 3 hours before departure, 11.40pm, I did not try to get there earlier. When I was there mid April around that time the economy queue was huge and 4 people queuing at business class check in.

No real reason to get there earlier as there is not much to do at the airport at that time and any other OW lounge will already be closed at that time.

SIN does not yet offer an early check in option, this was stopped during COVID and not resumed.

Globalist
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
It's anyone's guess but with the 9pm flight only starting at October 30th it seems unlikely
QR lounge reopens next week https://mainlymiles.com/2022/06/07/q...ge-on-15-june/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.