Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Unable to add a flight to my redemption ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2022, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec

I currently hold DOH-YUL J, called to add BKK-DOH Y or F (J unavailable), to make my reservation BKK-DOH-YUL (no stopover, mixed cabins), but the rep said that he doesn't see BKK-YUL availability. I told him that YUL-DOH is currently unavailable, so that's why he needed to search award space BKK-DOH. .He insisted that I need to cancel and rebook. I didn't want to do that, because once my seat DOH-YUL gets cancelled, who knows if I could grab it again. He also said Avios will be returned to my account 7-14 days of I cancel, which I think is BS, I think I've seen DP on on other threads Avios redeposits are instant.

I tried to HUCA, but both my first and second call back, I got disconnected 30 secs into the hold, so I've given up for the night.

So adding (or possibly removing, too) flight(s) to redemption tickets aren't allowed with QR?
Old May 30, 2022, 10:25 am

Your best bet is just to make a second reservation for the BKK-DOH. It will be a little more expensive in terms of avios and taxes than a single through ticket, but single through tickets are not available. An alternative might also be to look for other dates when through tickets are available (if any) and change to one of those.

As an aside, sometimes even if BKK-DOH and DOH-YUL were available as single sectors, you might still not be able to buy one ticket or redemption BKK-YUL. This may be because the airline wants to save availability for DOH traffic rather than connections.

QR should still check you through on 2 tickets though, provided the gap between flights is suitable. Or you could add your own stopover.
Old May 30, 2022, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KingCanute
Your best bet is just to make a second reservation for the BKK-DOH. It will be a little more expensive in terms of avios and taxes than a single through ticket, but single through tickets are not available. An alternative might also be to look for other dates when through tickets are available (if any) and change to one of those.

As an aside, sometimes even if BKK-DOH and DOH-YUL were available as single sectors, you might still not be able to buy one ticket or redemption BKK-YUL. This may be because the airline wants to save availability for DOH traffic rather than connections.

QR should still check you through on 2 tickets though, provided the gap between flights is suitable. Or you could add your own stopover.
This is a devastating news for me. I've added flights to existing bookings countless times with programs like AC, AS, etc, they have been mostly smooth sailings.

How do you call this opposite of married segment, a divorce segment?

It's not 'a little more' pts. The thru BKK-YUL J should cost 95k, while I redeemed 70k for DOH-YUL, and BKK-DOH J should cost 50k, so it requires 26% more pts if I booked separately. Last I checked, Qatar still required a PCR test to enter, so if I show up without a test result, for some reasons if check in agent refuse to thru check my bag, it's too risky for me.

Maybe I'll search with other programs, and I'll also keep searching through availabilities BKK (or southeast Asia)-YUL (or US) with QR.
​​​

Last edited by maverikbc; May 30, 2022 at 11:33 am
Old May 30, 2022, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by maverikbc
This is a devastating news for me. I've added flights to existing bookings countless times with programs like AC, AS, etc, they have been mostly smooth sailings.

How do you call this opposite of married segment, a divorce segment?

It's not 'a little more' pts. The thru BKK-YUL J should cost 95k, while I redeemed 70k for DOH-YUL, and BKK-DOH J should cost 50k, so it requires 26% more pts if I booked separately. Last I checked, Qatar still required a PCR test to enter, so if I show up without a test result, for some reasons if check in agent refuse to thru check my bag, it's too risky for me.

Maybe I'll search with other programs, and I'll also keep searching through availabilities BKK (or southeast Asia)-YUL (or US) with QR.
​​​
Also see:
un-married segments?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Thanks for the link for a similar thread.

If they get rid of testing requirement, I don't mind spending a night there...

It seems like QRPC is a whole different animal. DOH-SEA J has been fairly reliabily released a couple of days ahead of departures. Let's say that I eventually successfully build a BKK-DOH-YUL, now I don't know how easy it is to change from BKK-DOH-YUL to BKK-DOH-SEA, when we search DOH- SEA is available, but not when we search BKK- SEA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.