Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Airways operations at LHR will be moving to Terminal 4

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2022, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Qatar Airways operations at London Heathrow Airport (LHR) will be moving to Terminal 4, effective June 14th 2022. Passengers are advised that flight QR11 will be the first arrival into Terminal 4.
TedToToe and fridgy like this.
Old May 26, 2022, 12:42 pm

And there's a freshly renovated lounge in T4 to look forward to, apparently!

https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...athrow-lounge/
Old May 26, 2022, 3:41 pm

Programs: Skywards silver
My flights are now showing as T4 on the app. 👍
Old May 27, 2022, 2:38 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Reason077
And there's a freshly renovated lounge in T4 to look forward to, apparently!

https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...athrow-lounge/
Hmm. Is it me, or does the seating look as if it's taken a step back, towards a more generic lounge sort of look?
Old May 27, 2022, 3:19 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by impeymac
Hmm. Is it me, or does the seating look as if it's taken a step back, towards a more generic lounge sort of look?
No, my thoughts were exactly the same. It takes a lounge with a lot of character and makes it look like a corporate office reception / WeWork. I also don't like how they've put the big grey dividers between the seats for privacy which makes it look a bit dark vs. the previous more elegant solution. LHR and CDG were two of my favorite lounges in the world with a doubt, let's hope CDG doesn't get changed for a while. This speaks to exactly how I think QR is increasingly spending money on the wrong things and picking the wrong battles.
Old May 27, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: Qantas Plat
We fly out from LHR on 17 June and terminal 4 now showing. Had booked a Hotel in T4 so pleased to see the bet paid off.
Old May 28, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
I arrive into T4 on the 16th, if of interest LHR Twitter feed confirmed to me that trains will be running again to co-incide with the opening (no idea re Underground)
pushka likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
No, my thoughts were exactly the same. It takes a lounge with a lot of character and makes it look like a corporate office reception / WeWork. I also don't like how they've put the big grey dividers between the seats for privacy which makes it look a bit dark vs. the previous more elegant solution. LHR and CDG were two of my favorite lounges in the world with a doubt, let's hope CDG doesn't get changed for a while. This speaks to exactly how I think QR is increasingly spending money on the wrong things and picking the wrong battles.
UNfortunately CDG lounge in Terminal 1 has not been used for a long time. I wonder if QR will ever move back from 2C to terminal 1.as Terminal 1 might remain closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.