Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

No seat map available (for seat selection) in biz 1 week prior to departure??

Old May 25, 2022, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK EL+, QR Platinum, HH Diamond, Accor Platinum

Spoke to Privilege Club agent. They cannot select a seat for above reason. Expert Flyer shows all seats in biz occupied the first row as blocked.
BTW Platinum Status.
I find this odd. My guess business class is oversold? Any thoughts?
Old May 25, 2022, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Danny Martello
Spoke to Privilege Club agent. They cannot select a seat for above reason. Expert Flyer shows all seats in biz occupied the first row as blocked.
BTW Platinum Status.
I find this odd. My guess business class is oversold? Any thoughts?
It just means that there are no unblocked seats left to select. The front row is not allocated currently. Once check in opens you will either find one has been allocated to you, or you'll be able to select one either via online check in or at the airport. Or someone who has already chosen a seat may cancel before then and you can select their seat.

This happens quite a lot in my experience. It's even worse on a 24 seat qsuite layout, where as a single traveller there are only 8 seats available to select prior to check in (1A, 2B, 6B, 6J and all 12 centre seats blocked).
Old May 25, 2022, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your detailed response. I will be in pole position for the online check-in and see what happens.

I can confirm what you say about the 24 seat qsuite layout - the same situation (according to Expert Flyer) on the second leg of my flight.
But managed through the agent to get 2D. Would have preferred a window qsuite. But the agent could not do anything about the first leg - nada.
That made me suspicious.
Old May 25, 2022, 9:53 pm

As a sidenote, I am booked into economy and I am flying out within the next 5 days. Up until a couple of days ago, the seatmap was available to select seats on qatarairways.com, but this has now been removed as an option. There are plenty of empty seats on the flight, so it's not an inventory issue. I can see on expertflyer that there are still plenty of seats available.
Old May 26, 2022, 12:27 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Probably doing their plane swap magic. I Just had my Q-Suites flight changed to a 2-2-2 configuration. Booo!
Old May 26, 2022, 1:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Probably doing their plane swap magic. I Just had my Q-Suites flight changed to a 2-2-2 configuration. Booo!
Magical carpet swap Same situation here. In my case they just cancelled my flight and rebooked me on short notice because I had qcredits applied to my booking and the operating airline changed from QR to Malaysian...and I had no choice other than accept it. And in terms of seats I'll have to contend with by what is left... On my route they are very consistent with their equipment - checked flightradar - so it will be 2-2-2 too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.