Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

MLE to JFK on AA and Qatar (2 seperate tickets)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2022, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

I booked a trip from MLE to DOH on Qatar and then a trip from DOH to NYC after a ~2.5 hour layover on AA (all using AA miles). Had to do it like this as there wasn't availability for a regular one way ticket from MLE to DOH. I've done this before where both legs were Qatar and they have been able to check the bags all the way through, but now that one leg is on Qatar metal and one is on AA metal, will they still be able to check the bag all the way to NYC? If not, is my ~2 hour layover sufficient?
Old May 13, 2022, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dn10
I booked a trip from MLE to DOH on Qatar and then a trip from DOH to NYC after a ~2.5 hour layover on AA (all using AA miles). Had to do it like this as there wasn't availability for a regular one way ticket from MLE to DOH.
I've done this before where both legs were Qatar and they have been able to check the bags all the way through, but now that one leg is on Qatar metal and one is on AA metal, will they still be able to check the bag all the way to NYC? If not, is my ~2 hour layover sufficient?
MLE-DOH on QR. Then DOH-NYC on AA
QR will (should) interline bags on separate PNR's to other OW airlines. Its about the airline you are checking in with tagging them for the next flight.
-->QR Interlining (Baggage)

AA will not interline bags on separate PNRs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.