Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar cant find my payment after error in app.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2022, 12:31 am
Original Poster

So on monday i paid with IDEAL with my bank, but after that the app showed an error: GOO5.
The money was cut from my bank and paid to the bank of their partner who handles that IDEAL payment for qatar airways.
So i got no ticket and qatar airways keeps telling me that they can't find any payment and i need to contact my bank.
my bank however says this ideal payment is a 100% guaranteed payment.
On the internet i read more stories with the same problem i got.
qatar airways support keeps saying there is no payment and i dont know what to do anymore.
anyone any tips?
Old Apr 29, 2022, 1:31 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by Richie1991
So on monday i paid with IDEAL with my bank, but after that the app showed an error: GOO5.
The money was cut from my bank and paid to the bank of their partner who handles that IDEAL payment for qatar airways.
So i got no ticket and qatar airways keeps telling me that they can't find any payment and i need to contact my bank.
my bank however says this ideal payment is a 100% guaranteed payment.
On the internet i read more stories with the same problem i got.
qatar airways support keeps saying there is no payment and i dont know what to do anymore.
anyone any tips?
As your bank is saying the payment went through then you should raise a dispute with them.
They should then investigate it with Qatar.

The company claims that it has not received my payment. What should I do?

If your bank statement shows that you have paid, but the company/shop says that the payment was not yet received, then the company should contact his iDEAL contract party. The company needs the following information from you:
  • the iDEAL-transaction number (16 digits) from your bank statement, (this number starts with either 0020 or 0030 or 0050 or 1150 or 0140 or 0170 or 0670 or 1030 or 0640 or 0370 or 0750),
  • the amount,
  • the date/time of your payment.
You can find this information combined in the description of the specific payment. The company can and must solve this issue for you, because you have proof of the payment being successful.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Well yeah i tried it online and called qatar airways they just keep saying we received no money call your bank. They refuse to do anything more.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: Qatar
The same

Yep, had exactly the same, Payment done with IDEAL of EURO 1600 en money and Qatar airlines refuse to help us, They seems unreliable.
I expect only legal actions will help.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 11:56 pm

Programs: BAEC
So you both need to go to your BANK and raise the payment dispute with them, not Qatar.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 2:56 am

Programs: Qatar
Dear plunet, you don't understand this. This is not the way this works, in case of a payment with a creditcard that is the way to go. Not for an IDEAL payment. In this case Qatar airlines must take action. Multiple bank employees had explain this multiple times. Now I am a bit sick of people who only pointing the others, kind of lazy. or ignorance and in the meantime a get my money not back.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 6:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by kl1987
If your bank statement shows that you have paid, but the company/shop says that the payment was not yet received, then the company should contact his iDEAL contract party. The company needs the following information from you:
I was curious about IDEAL as well, this help file (here: https://www.ideal.nl/en/consumers/) makes it clear that you don't raise the problem with either Qatar or the Bank, but with the "iDEAL contract party", which is one of these companies and are essentially the third party payments processors: https://www.ideal.nl/en/partners/acquirers-and-cpsps/
If that has been done then I guess all you can do, if Qatar fails to respond to an in-writing request, is start court action. I suspect that many will be confused since this looks to be fairly popular in one country (Netherlands) but is different than the typical payment method and process where you would go back to your bank, hence confusion here too.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

So i found a form to fill in on the website of IDEAL.
they contacted me and said after 2 weeks if the payment did not bounced back i can contact them again.
they will contact worldplay with a complaint against qatar and and a request to find the payment.
Old May 1, 2022, 12:23 am

Programs: BAEC
So I wasn't wrong, perhaps I could have chosen a different word other than bank, but you should always be able to make a complaint about a payment from both directions, you had poked the target (Qatar) and they were having none of it, so it's now time to go after the source, Ideal.

Also, it goes to highlight that putting a 3rd party in any contract can make it more cumbersome if something goes wrong. frequent flyers will often say you should usually book direct with the airline and avoid booking tickets with a 3rd party. The same can also apply with payments, adding 3rd party payment processors such as PayPal or in this case Ideal can make it a bit more tricky if something goes wrong, albeit payments will likely have more consumer protection

Hopefully you get reunited with your money before too long.
littlevoices and DiamondMile like this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 7:18 pm

Richie1991 Did you manage to resolve the issue? I'm facing the exact same problem
Old Dec 20, 2023, 6:05 pm

Hi everyone,

Was anyone able to resolve this issue? How did you retrieve your money and who did you contact?

We're experiencing the same issue:

- Booked through Qatarairways.com
- Payment cancelled - no booking confirmation
- Money deducted from bank account

Thank you very much
Old Dec 20, 2023, 8:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Assuming contacting QR has resulted in nothing, ask your bank for a chargeback/dispute the transaction.
SlekniwsM likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 10:34 pm

Yes Qatar is throwing their hands up in the air saying they don't have the money. Will call them back pushing on their responsibility to have reliable payment providers on their website.

The bank says they can't do anything because IDeal is a third party payment provider and they can't retrieve the money.

Still keen to hear from people who had this issue and how it was resolved?

Thanks!
Old Dec 20, 2023, 11:37 pm

Post #9 above suggests that IDeal have a payment dispute mechansim. Probably best to contact them
Old Dec 21, 2023, 12:50 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
This, together with the WechatPay issues raised earlier seems like whomever Qatar is using for Alternative Payment Methods (I'm guessing Worldline) is having ridiculously bad systems (If it's Worldline I'm not guessing but then I 100% know). I kinda want to absolve Qatar here, if they don't have the money, they're not gonna lie about it, they would rather have it and you has a happy customer. However they should be a bit more pro-active dealing with their APM processor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.