Qatar inbound flights at JFK

Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Qatar inbound flights at JFK

For international incoming in business class, how long do you think immigration and luggage pickup will take at 4pm, it’s a qatar airways flight. Also does floghtaware show taxiing time? I’m guessing I should add that to this my pickup since I live close to JFK

thank you

Last edited by Microwave; Apr 28, 2022 at 2:28 pm Reason: Removed irrelevant information in preparation for move
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by sam007
Also does floghtaware show taxiing time?
I don't know what you mean. Future (scheduled) and past (actual) arrival times are, by default, based on arrival at the gate. While a long taxi or waiting for a gate can contribute to delay, it's already counted along with all other potential sources of delay on the way.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

This link shows landed around 3:05pm but still taxiing
QR701 (QTR701) Qatar Airways Flight Tracking and History - FlightAware
Old Apr 28, 2022, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
CBP tracks and publishes historical wait times: https://awt.cbp.gov
Old Apr 28, 2022, 4:11 pm

This link shows landed around 3:05pm but still taxiing
QR701 (QTR701) Qatar Airways Flight Tracking and History - FlightAware
Yes, it gives you that additional detail, but if you scroll down to "Arrival Times", you can see gate arrival (now 3:21pm actual versus 2:55pm scheduled). And the main display at the top currently shows gate arrival now that it has occurred. Most other sources besides FlightAware-type sites will simply provide scheduled, estimated, and/or actual gate arrival times that already include taxi.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
I travel this route often. I get through CBP immediately with global entry but if I have a checked bag it takes a good 30 minute wait for the bag.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
I travel this route often. I get through CBP immediately with global entry but if I have a checked bag it takes a good 30 minute wait for the bag.
I echo the same sentiments. Last month, I was flying in on 703 and was through cbp in less than 5 mins. However I wasnt curbside and able to get a cab for another 90(!!) minutes due to the atrocious baggage situation at T8. And even though my bags were tagged priority, they were the last ones to come out. The first bags also took nearly 45 mins to come out. So be aware. Also, QR have been using gate 47 which is the only widebody gate in the satellite concourse of t8, which means youll have quite a bit of a hike from gate to immigration
Old Apr 29, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by fender5787
I echo the same sentiments. Last month, I was flying in on 703 and was through cbp in less than 5 mins. However I wasnt curbside and able to get a cab for another 90(!!) minutes due to the atrocious baggage situation at T8. And even though my bags were tagged priority, they were the last ones to come out. The first bags also took nearly 45 mins to come out. So be aware. Also, QR have been using gate 47 which is the only widebody gate in the satellite concourse of t8, which means youll have quite a bit of a hike from gate to immigration
Agreed! With GE immigration is 5min but waiting on bags is the issue even with priority tags. Nothing like 90 min on either QR701 or QR705 for me but definitely about 20-30min each time and that was after hiking from gate 47. However I have noticed QR703 seems to park at the main concourse of T8
Old Apr 29, 2022, 12:39 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Also does floghtaware show taxiing time? Im guessing I should add that to this my pickup since I live close to JFK
thank you
Yes. I use that when I have to pick up someone and it does show each stage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.