Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Dreadful Business Class Checkin for QR 24 at MAN tonight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2022, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador

Only 2 desks open - - 5 desks for economy are processing much faster. Do they have any management supervision at MAN?!
Old Apr 18, 2022, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Partially sorted out by a reaonable staff member after nearly 30 minutes of stress - when the online system showed the correct baggage allowance. One member of this team needs retraining IMHO - video of checkin under UK GDPR already requested. Unnessary all round... and travel is stressful enough at the moment,,,,
Old Apr 18, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Normally there's 3 J class desks at MAN. They're staffed by Swissport agents (in QR uniform) with a QR duty manager and 1 or 2 QR employed agents. You could file a complaint at qatarairways.com/tellus if you think it's necessary.
Modo likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 8:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Video of check-in?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:17 am

That you even made it to the desk is progress based on the last few weeks performance...
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:23 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Modo
video of checkin under UK GDPR already requested.
This is, perhaps, the most bizarre thing I have ever read on FT. You requested CCTV of your check in experience because an outsourced handling agent made a mistake over baggage allowance?

Last edited by m0hamed; Apr 19, 2022 at 12:32 am
Old Apr 19, 2022, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by m0hamed
This is, perhaps, the most bizarre thing I have ever read on FT. You requested CCTV of your check in experience because an outsourced handling agent made a mistake over baggage allowance?
Bizarre indeed. And as the OP points out, unnecessary and certainly stress-inducing

But from the questionOP raises: yes, of course there is QR supervision of the third-party agents, and in this case it appears to have been effective.

Maybe the 2:5 ratio was initially judged reasonable for the load. After all, the ratio of business-class seats to economy ones on the B788 is 1:10. The joker is the number of Pesky Plats and OneWorld status passengers travelling in Y: I've seen QR at MAN with a separate line for these troublemakers

I've also seen QR try 2 J-lanes with a third intermediate buffer line which called over waiting J-line passengers.

These days, with document checks, a lengthy check-in can be expected.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Will review the video footage. But yes it looks likely that a complaint will be filed. The manager was simply wrong on the baggage allowance ----only to be proved wrong by the computer system. He made a totally unnecessary "scene" and caused stress. Yet again poor soft product great hard product from QR.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m0hamed
How do you know it was outsourced

What is the relevance if it was outsourced?! Liability in English Law is with QR the contracting party.

"video of checkin under UK GDPR already requested.
This is, perhaps, the most bizarre thing I have ever read on FT. "

It is a UK/EU GDPR right

Your reply is beyond bizarre.

They made an unnecessary commotion - and they finally conceded they were wrong.

It is not acceptable service for any cabin let alone premium.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK

But from the questionOP raises: yes, of course there is QR supervision of the third-party agents, and in this case it appears to have been effective.

I've also seen QR try 2 J-lanes with a third intermediate buffer line which called over waiting J-line passengers.

How was the supervision effective? They conceded they were wrong - only after the checkin agent checked the computer

They didn't operate a buffer lane as would be expected. They processed coach passengers as priority.

Is this a forum or a QR fan club? They have admitted they were wrong and yet serval people are still backing QR.

Last edited by Modo; Apr 19, 2022 at 9:23 am
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mr_botak
That you even made it to the desk is progress based on the last few weeks performance...
That made me giggle - I know. LOL
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Oh mate. I can only send you godspeed as you transition your complaint through the Qatar Airways infrastructure.
pythonisman likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Please do come back and keep us updated (and entertained)
Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:46 am

Einstein's Law states that for every commotion there is an equal and opposite commotion. Probably
Joking aside, a mistake was made, it was put right. Perhaps it shouldn't have happened or could have been resolved sooner, but life and travel are stressful currently. Hopefully everyone involved has learned something. Some of those people may be new staff so it's good experience.

Send a suggestion for a service improvement by all means, but a video evidenced shouty complaint is unlikely to yield much given you got what you were entitled to in 30 minutes, which isn't always too bad for a check these days..

Good luck. Remember to be specific about what you want them to do in response, and bear in mind "face" trumps whichever cabin you paid for.
DiamondMile and Wanderwithme like this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
Originally Posted by Modo

video of checkin under UK GDPR already requested
For what reason - to prove to Qatar Airways you had to queue?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.