Wiki Posts
Search

QR no longer moving to DWC from DXB

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2022, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
QR no longer moving to DWC from DXB

Seems that due to runway closure they will only operate to DWC for just over a month. This has happened twice before in the recent past IIRC but most airlines just operated fewer flights to DXB (including EK). I wonder if they will be emailing passengers or just let them be surprised… still quite a trek to DWC

Loungeabout likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by kq747
Seems that due to runway closure they will only operate to DWC for just over a month. This has happened twice before in the recent past IIRC but most airlines just operated fewer flights to DXB (including EK). I wonder if they will be emailing passengers or just let them be surprised… still quite a trek to DWC

https://twitter.com/qatarairways/sta...mQmNabZ2iK0T1g
Received an email about my flights cancelllation and then rebooking. May 9th until June 22nd all QR flights will operated at DWC.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
My flight will be landing there on May 21. Anyone had any experience arriving at DWC? Any different from DXB?
Old Apr 18, 2022, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by injian
My flight will be landing there on May 21. Anyone had any experience arriving at DWC? Any different from DXB?
Much easier at busy times than DXB (esp if you don't have Emirates ID).

​If you're headed to the marina end of Dubai it's probably quicker and a bit cheaper in a taxi too.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 9:32 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I am finding that there's only one lounge at DWC which is closed. Is Qatar doing anything about that? Have my first flight with them in a few weeks.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 9:41 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat, Sinbad Silver.
DWC has been closed to PAX traffic for the last 2 years, therefore lounge is currently closed. Expect lounge will reopen when PAX flights resume, lounge as I remember was basic, but hot breakfast was made to order.
Old May 6, 2022, 5:31 am

Programs: Qatar Plat, Sinbad Silver.
Qatar staying at DXB not moving to DWC as per email from Qatar

Quote:

Please be advised that there is no longer a change in operations between 9 May - 22 June 2022 when travelling with Qatar Airways to Dubai International Airport (DXB). We will no longer be temporarily operating to Al Maktoum International Airport (DWC) as a result of a runway closure at DXB.
Old May 10, 2022, 2:16 pm

Wow that was confusing.
Changing to DWC and then back to DXB...I did not even receive the second email that says they are staying at DXB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.