QR703 (DOH - JFK) no longer available?

Old Apr 13, 2022, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, United 1K, AA Platinum
QR703 (DOH - JFK) no longer available?

Hoping you all may be able to help solve this puzzle for me. I have QR703 booked for 1:30AM departure on July 12 from DOH - JFK, though when we went to book my partner's seat today, the flight is gone from available options (cash/award bookings, QR site, Google Flights). My seat is still confirmed and from the seat map, it's far from full. Have they pulled marketing of this flight to make space for the AA flight around the same time (1:30AM)? Is there any possibility of still getting my partner booked on this flight?

Thanks for any insights here.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:25 pm

Bloody hell you made me jump with that title.
PresRDC, Globalist and SilverChris like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by Blake22222
Hoping you all may be able to help solve this puzzle for me. I have QR703 booked for 1:30AM departure on July 12 from DOH - JFK, though when we went to book my partner's seat today, the flight is gone from available options (cash/award bookings, QR site, Google Flights). My seat is still confirmed and from the seat map, it's far from full. Have they pulled marketing of this flight to make space for the AA flight around the same time (1:30AM)? Is there any possibility of still getting my partner booked on this flight?

Thanks for any insights here.
Just checked ours for November and same issue. We actually would be super happy if this was the case which if moved to another flight would give us more time in AM. Will be checking back on this thread for any updates.

Still shows on AA app and QR app but GF doesn’t pull it up.

Ours is an AA reward booking in J. As award ticket any thoughts if space has to be available or would QR open on desired flights?

Last edited by lovefly88; Apr 13, 2022 at 10:57 pm
Old Apr 14, 2022, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, United 1K, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by lovefly88
Just checked ours for November and same issue. We actually would be super happy if this was the case which if moved to another flight would give us more time in AM. Will be checking back on this thread for any updates.

Still shows on AA app and QR app but GF doesn’t pull it up.

Ours is an AA reward booking in J. As award ticket any thoughts if space has to be available or would QR open on desired flights?
I haven't seen a lot of QR J availability since the Avios transition. At this point we're fine booking X on the AA metal (I know, but decent upgrade possibility) if we can get her on the same flight.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Blake22222
I haven't seen a lot of QR J availability since the Avios transition. At this point we're fine booking X on the AA metal (I know, but decent upgrade possibility) if we can get her on the same flight.
you feel QR 703 will be flying that day?
Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I realized the same thing, it also didn't make sense for QR and AA to fly at similar time-intervals to the same destination, thus it looks like the frequency would remain at 3 daily flights but the 1am departure from Doha being on American metal.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:53 am

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, WY Gold, Delta Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I realized the same thing, it also didn't make sense for QR and AA to fly at similar time-intervals to the same destination, thus it looks like the frequency would remain at 3 daily flights but the 1am departure from Doha being on American metal.
As ISTFlyer had mentioned, It wouldn't make sense for QR to fly QR703 to JFK, while AA is operating during the same departure bank. QR is already going through a fleet crisis, so this is possibly one of the partnerships (similar to AC flying to YYZ) to reduce the strain on their fleet. Considering the data points here on FT, QR703/704 bookings have "disappeared" from June/July 2022, coinciding with the launching of AA120/AA121 from JFK-DOH eff 04JUN.

TLDR; if you are booked on the QR703/704, expect to be rebooked on to AA metal. (just my assumption)
Old Apr 17, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum AMB, PrivilegeClub Gold
I'm booked on QR704 (10:35 AM departure from JFK on June 14) and still see it available for booking.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by qraec777
As ISTFlyer had mentioned, It wouldn't make sense for QR to fly QR703 to JFK, while AA is operating during the same departure bank. QR is already going through a fleet crisis, so this is possibly one of the partnerships (similar to AC flying to YYZ) to reduce the strain on their fleet. Considering the data points here on FT, QR703/704 bookings have "disappeared" from June/July 2022, coinciding with the launching of AA120/AA121 from JFK-DOH eff 04JUN.

TLDR; if you are booked on the QR703/704, expect to be rebooked on to AA metal. (just my assumption)
Would assume the same; very unlucky switch here to go from arguably the best long-haul carrier to essentially the worst.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by qraec777
Originally Posted by Estratos
I'm booked on QR704 (10:35 AM departure from JFK on June 14) and still see it available for booking.
It would probably be QR 703 & QR 706 as QR 706 is the flight that operates JFK-DOH at identical times with American Airlines.
My guess would be that QR 705 would operate, overnight at JFK and then operate QR 704 back to Doha in the morning.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Next question becomes - will AA 121 become bookable for award flights using Avios? Currently can book with cash, but not available on BA or QR for award bookings.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 1:34 pm

Still intrigued as to what they’re going to do with 703. Reservation continues to show up on AA and QR app. Maybe they’ll wait until after 121 starts before shifting things around.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: DL-Platinum
I'm in the same situation. QR 703 is still showing on the Qatar and AA apps. I called AA to be rebooked on a QR flight (since I totally anticipate being rebooked on AA metal) but they said since the flight is still operating, they can't do anything about it.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gregman858
I'm in the same situation. QR 703 is still showing on the Qatar and AA apps. I called AA to be rebooked on a QR flight (since I totally anticipate being rebooked on AA metal) but they said since the flight is still operating, they can't do anything about it.
Of course the ticketing carrier can't do anything until the flights have been officially cancelled.
QR removing flights from sale does not mean that the flight is officially cancelled, despite in 99% of the cases, the flight usually is cancelled at a future date.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 8:00 am

Programs: DL-Platinum
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Of course the ticketing carrier can't do anything until the flights have been officially cancelled.
QR removing flights from sale does not mean that the flight is officially cancelled, despite in 99% of the cases, the flight usually is cancelled at a future date.
It's frustrating because like you said, it's 99% likely to be cancelled and replaced by AA 121. I would like to be rebooked sooner rather than later so that I can get on a QSuites operated flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.