Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre travel pcr test UK to melbourne

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2022, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Pre travel pcr test UK to melbourne

I hear that as from 18th April as a UK citizen I will not need to take a pre travel covid pcr test before travelling to Australia.
however does anybody know if I need to still take one before boarding my Qatar flight on 20th April. I assume not.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 9:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
You do not need a test to transit Doha.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: Qantas Plat
Originally Posted by marcusmikki
I hear that as from 18th April as a UK citizen I will not need to take a pre travel covid pcr test before travelling to Australia.
however does anybody know if I need to still take one before boarding my Qatar flight on 20th April. I assume not.
You will need to complete the passenger declaration before coming to Australia and you must be double vaccinated with approved vaccine.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/covid19
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
09.00 BST Thursday April 7 and the above site does require a test!Before you start your declaration, have the below information ready:
  • flight number
  • valid passport
  • travel history (14 days before the flight)
  • destination and quarantine arrangements (if required)
  • COVID-19 vaccination record or acceptable evidence you cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons
You will also need to provide a negative COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test or other nucleic acid amplification test result within 3 days of the flight’s scheduled departure to Australia or a medical certificate as evidence of a negative Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) taken under medical supervision within 24 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure to Australia.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 3:30 am

Programs: Qantas Plat
Originally Posted by Modo
09.00 BST Thursday April 7 and the above site does require a test!Before you start your declaration, have the below information ready:
  • flight number
  • valid passport
  • travel history (14 days before the flight)
  • destination and quarantine arrangements (if required)
  • COVID-19 vaccination record or acceptable evidence you cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons
You will also need to provide a negative COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test or other nucleic acid amplification test result within 3 days of the flight’s scheduled departure to Australia or a medical certificate as evidence of a negative Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) taken under medical supervision within 24 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure to Australia.
The requirement for the test thankfully ends on April 18.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.