Why no QR Business Class DOH-CAI/AMM

Old Mar 24, 2022, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Why no QR Business Class DOH-CAI/AMM

Hi,
this is a kind of follow on from my initial post - hope thats ok.

I have a business class award booking via Qantas and, at the end of it , I need to get from Amman to Brisbane . There are Y and F award seats on QR from AMM-DOH and business DOH to Australia. Apparently, it is a commercial arrangement not to see J seats to various parts of the Middle East eg DOH-AMM, CAI ,DXB and others.

I hate travelling in Y and am wondering, if I booked the economy sector AMM-DOH as part of a business one world award , is there a way that, in AMM, I could pay some kind of surcharge to upgrade the economy seats to the F ones on offer in the flight AMM-DOH or even persuade QR to allow me to use the F class award seating ?

As always , I am very grateful for your thoughts.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 5:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
They sell business class as first class on regional routes, like domestic first class in the US. There is no business class - since the business class product is simply sold as first class. The advantage is that you get Al Safwa access. The downside is that partners may charge you the miles for first class.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Thank you .
If it was just a one sector award i am paying for , it would not be a problem .
However, I have 13 other sectors on this trip so if I have to get a F award ticket , i would then need to change the whole trip to first class requiring a lot more Qantas points .
As I said , I was interested in whether any poster has had the experience of being able to pay QR to upgrade the award economy sector to their award F fare class or found someway to convince QR to recognise that i have paid points for an award business seat and seat me appropriately .
The issue would not exist but for some reason, Royal Jordanian award business class seats AMM-DOH have disappeared from availability on the Qantas website ( but not on BA or AA sites !!)
Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
You typically wouldn’t be able to upgrade a Qantas-issued ticket for Qatar points, and vice versa (in general, but I’d be very surprised if QR/QF were different in that regard). Only Qantas would be able to help you, and as you said, you’d have to pay the F price then.

Your only chance would likely be a cash upgrade at the airport.
Or trying to convince Qantas that they shouldn’t charge you for F.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.