Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Airways diverts Delhi-Doha flight to Karachi

Old Mar 21, 22, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/90348105.cms

NEW DELHI: A Delhi-Doha flight (QR 579) of Qatar Airways (QA) with over 100 passengers on board made an emergency landing in Karachi on Monday following smoke in the cargo hold of the aircraft. Passengers took to twitter to complain that the airline left them unattended when they alighted from the aircraft and were at the airport in Pakistan. QA has sent another plane from its hub to Karachi to fly passengers to Doha...............
Old Mar 21, 22, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by jahason View Post
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/90348105.cms

NEW DELHI: A Delhi-Doha flight (QR 579) of Qatar Airways (QA) with over 100 passengers on board made an emergency landing in Karachi on Monday following smoke in the cargo hold of the aircraft. Passengers took to twitter to complain that the airline left them unattended when they alighted from the aircraft and were at the airport in Pakistan. QA has sent another plane from its hub to Karachi to fly passengers to Doha...............
It is definitely not an ideal place for Indian passport holders to get stuck.
Old Mar 21, 22, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Contrary to public opinion there's actually a lot of warmth between the people. There are many cases of shop keepers and taxi drivers refusing to take payment from Indians in Pakistan.
friskygeek likes this.
Old Mar 21, 22, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Contrary to public opinion there's actually a lot of warmth between the people. There are many cases of shop keepers and taxi drivers refusing to take payment from Indians in Pakistan.
Sounds odd. And an oddness unlikely to be reciprocated …..
Old Mar 21, 22, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
Here's an interesting article---it is from 2005, but it's still vivid and informative.

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/13/w...in-punjab.html
Old Mar 22, 22, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
I am of Pakistani origin and been to India many times. You'll find it is reciprocated. Its the just the governments that need to sort it out. Anyway am straying into politics territory.

But all I'll say that given the chance public from either side should not feel they will not be welcomed by their neighbours. I have personally seen the welcome on both sides.
Old Mar 22, 22, 7:13 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I am of Pakistani origin and been to India many times. You'll find it is reciprocated. Its the just the governments that need to sort it out. Anyway am straying into politics territory.

But all I'll say that given the chance public from either side should not feel they will not be welcomed by their neighbours. I have personally seen the welcome on both sides.
Even though I am now a US citizen.. would have love to see parts of Pakistan.. however being of Indian birth.. I will never be able to get a tourist visa to do so..
people are people.. and yes we do treat each other well....miss the old Cricket matches between these 2 nationsl
Old Mar 22, 22, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by fotographer View Post
Even though I am now a US citizen.. would have love to see parts of Pakistan.. however being of Indian birth.. I will never be able to get a tourist visa to do so..
Same with me. Have you tried for a visa? Wonder if they are easier on former Indian nationals getting tourist visas.
Old Mar 22, 22, 6:34 pm

Janab, you are quite right! Congratulations for having the intestinal fortitude to say so!
Old Mar 23, 22, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fotographer View Post
people are people.. and yes we do treat each other well....miss the old Cricket matches between these 2 nationsl
I know many people with US or UK citizenship and IOC cards who have been to Pakistan. So this should not stop you from visiting Pakistan. And just see the welcome you get when people find out you are of Indian origin.
People of Pakistani origin visiting India have to declare this on Indian visa application. Then you can only get a single entry visa and the process can take up to 3 months. But you should get it.
Sadly its not easy for Indian citizens to visit Pakistan or for Pakistani citizens to visit India - except for Kartarpur where Indian citizens can visit the Sikh temple in Pakistan for a day trip. You don't have to be a Sikh.

Let's bring this back into the context of Qatar Airways........For those of you who visit India you can do what I did last time. I had a business meeting in Delhi. I flew to Lahore on QR. After a few days there I took the Lahore to Delhi bus and then flew back from Delhi. the Lahore to Delhi bus is an incredible experience. Its cost around US$50 and this included breakfast (on Pakistani side near border), lunch (on a floating restaurant) and afternoon tea in India. The whole journey inclduing border crossing took 12 hours. 6am till 6pm.
ft4lyf likes this.
Old Mar 23, 22, 7:22 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by UA Fan View Post
Same with me. Have you tried for a visa? Wonder if they are easier on former Indian nationals getting tourist visas.
Would have.. but now most of my friends there have left.... so for now.. going to keep visiting the rest of the world...
Old Mar 24, 22, 5:36 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, QR Insider, SQ Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
A reminder to keep things on topic.

Msm2000uk
QR Forum Moderator

Search this Thread