Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Involuntary denied boarding for PCR test - incorrect validation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2022, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: WOH Globalist | IHG Platinum | HH Gold | MB Gold

I was recently involuntarily denied boarding on a QR flight booked with AA points from Cairo to Hyderabad, India via Doha. Without going too detailed, here is a gist and few facts

* I submitted the self declaration form required by government using the wifi provided by QR check-in agent. They printed the form for me.
* I showed the vaccine certificate issued in US. Check-in agent argued I need PCR but eventually gave the boarding pass.
* Check-in agent came back to immigration check area, brought me back and cancelled the boarding pass. Said I need PCR test, which was incorrect.
I contacted support. I sent them all the proofs including the form and the email I forward to their checkin agent yahoo email address for printing it for me. In the first email, they said I did not provided PCR + online form. After I argued about not requiring PCR, they replied I did not submit online form. It is a blatant lie. As a good will, they are offering 200 USD limited validity voucher. It is unusable for me and does not cover the losses.

Any suggestions on how I can remedy this grievance? I am unable to digest and let go of this as I was denied boarding for no mistake of mine. I want compensation for actual expenses in cash. I have receipts of hotel, uber, new flight, food.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 12:41 am

Programs: Miles&more, SPG, Hyatt
Sorry but tough luck. In these days if you do anything that’s not within the letter of the law you risk being screwed over. Why didn’t you do the online form before arrival? They could have refused to print it for you then you’d not be boarded anyways.

The fact it’s a partner award booking probably doesn’t help. You can complain, but doubtful you’d get anything.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 3:26 am

Programs: BAEC
You don't state the date of travel. There were changes made to entry requirements for India on the 14th Feb 2022 that are important in your case...

gov.uk advice for UK travellers to India, as a starting point...

All travellers should (i) submit a self-declaration form on the online “Air Suvidha” portal before the scheduled travel. From the 14th February 2022 (00.01 Hrs Hrs Indian Standard Time), certificate of completing full primary vaccination schedule of COVID-19 can be uploaded in the place of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR report. This test should have been conducted within 72 hrs prior to undertaking the journey. You also need to submit a declaration with respect to the authenticity of the report and will be liable for criminal prosecution, if found otherwise.
The fact that you arrived at the airport and had not completed the online self declaration form infers that you were already playing fast and loose with the regulations.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WOH Globalist | IHG Platinum | HH Gold | MB Gold
@plunet, my travel was after Feb 14th and I knew the update in the rule. I was trying to submit the form in mobile and the date selector was not working. As per the Indian government rules, airline is required to help if the passenger is not able to submit the form online. I go by rules and do not expect to be given leeway with regulations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.