Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Airways to adopt Avios, dropping Qmiles

Qatar Airways to adopt Avios, dropping Qmiles

Old Apr 15, 2022, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Alchemist007
I have just renewed my platinum status, as is indicated that I need 0 Qpoints to retain it. However, this is not reflected in my benefits. For example, I have not received any information that my tier has been renewed, the date has not been updated that my tier is now valid until of next year, and I have not received Qcredits for renewing my status. Any idea what I can do? I can no longer find the contact form to write to QR.
If you reach the threshold to upgrade to a higher tier it all updates immediately. If you reach the threshold to renew your tier it all updates at the end of the current year. Next year's Qcredits will show in your account on the first day of next year. You don't need to do anything.
Alchemist007 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 3:38 pm
Chy

I'm having a real tough time searching for avios award flight availability in the privileges club interface. I can get a price in money, but when I switch to "book with avios" it refreshes but nothing changes and it still shows prices in money. Any ideas?
Old Apr 18, 2022, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Chy
I'm having a real tough time searching for avios award flight availability in the privileges club interface. I can get a price in money, but when I switch to "book with avios" it refreshes but nothing changes and it still shows prices in money. Any ideas?
Are you logged in and do you have any Avios in your account?
Old Aug 1, 2022, 3:43 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by KingCanute
The 61,750 will likely be including the 5% discount for QRPC platinum and gold members. If you don't have high tier status with QR the 65k figure will apply. Taxes etc will be the same though.
Redeemed the flight today, it was pricing at 78k avios plus 264€ on BAEC, 65k plus 264€ on QRPC. Booked nicely. Didn't know QR also had cash and points, would have moved less over. Oh well, still happy it cost less avios than usual.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 2:03 pm

Programs: AC, AS, BA Silver/OW Sapphire, DL, SQ/*A Silver, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Got an oncoming flight with QR, can I book by signing into my QR account yet credit flight to BAEC (must keep this eternal SILVER status...), and then upgrade the flight with Avios from my QR account?
Old Aug 4, 2022, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Redeemed the flight today, it was pricing at 78k avios plus 264€ on BAEC, 65k plus 264€ on QRPC. Booked nicely. Didn't know QR also had cash and points, would have moved less over. Oh well, still happy it cost less avios than usual.
QR's avios/cash equivalence isn't quite as friendly as BA's: if you have the avios, you're probably better off using them rather than paret cash.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: QF, HH
Originally Posted by Catweazle
I have about 2000 Avios with Qatar. Other than gifting them to someone, what's the best way to use them?

I'm in Australia and not going overseas anytime soon, otherwise I'd consider accumulating more for a short-haul flight redemption in the EU or USA somewhere.

Alternatively, perhaps I can gift them to someone on these boards?

Ok, I'll head back to QFF now...
Signing up to BAEC won't work, because since Covid I've been flying less and then really only using QF or JQ.

In other news, you can purchase points with a 40% bonus at the moment – there's a sale on – but again, I'm not in that market.

Is there a minimum number to gift points?

If not, then someone here reading this can PM me a message and I can gift 2021 avios points to you. Enjoy!
Old Nov 13, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Catweazle
Signing up to BAEC won't work, because since Covid I've been flying less and then really only using QF or JQ.

In other news, you can purchase points with a 40% bonus at the moment – there's a sale on – but again, I'm not in that market.

Is there a minimum number to gift points?

If not, then someone here reading this can PM me a message and I can gift 2021 avios points to you. Enjoy!
2000 Avios on BAEC is enough for a part Avios part cash redemption on QF. Could that be an option?
Old Jan 31, 2023, 4:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Does anyone know, from specific recent experience, if the redemption fee is still non refundable? I ask because when I try to make an award booking on their site, the redemption fee is no longer listed as (nonrefundable). Just wondering if Qatar have made a change to the refund ability of this fee. Please let me know if you have recently cancelled a Qatar award booking.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by Enigma368
Does anyone know, from specific recent experience, if the redemption fee is still non refundable? I ask because when I try to make an award booking on their site, the redemption fee is no longer listed as (nonrefundable). Just wondering if Qatar have made a change to the refund ability of this fee. Please let me know if you have recently cancelled a Qatar award booking.
Hi,

I recently cancelled an award booking and I received the full refund minus $25.
Enigma368 and Matt4 like this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 5:17 am

I cancelled a couple this month and received full refunds too. Good for them if the policy has changed.
Enigma368 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.