Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

CAI-CPT - Qatar transit regs and South Africa travel back?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2022, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar

Flying CAI-CPT next week, just wanted to see if anyone has the transit regs for Qatar (the country) .
The Qatar regs don't seem to mention any transit rules?
https://covid19.moph.gov.qa/EN/trave...s/default.aspx
(Incidentally I have flown QR twice last year without checking these regs, but was caught out on KQ by Kenya introducing some testing transit regs and ofcourse heard about the drama with Asia testing requirements a few months ago via Qatar the country)

Secondly I am assuming QR are flying people from South Africa to Doha and onwards once again after the ban? I will call them now, but wanted to check for anecdotes.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 4:58 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Newbtravelle
Flying CAI-CPT next week, just wanted to see if anyone has the transit regs for Qatar (the country) .
The Qatar regs don't seem to mention any transit rules?
https://covid19.moph.gov.qa/EN/trave...s/default.aspx
(Incidentally I have flown QR twice last year without checking these regs, but was caught out on KQ by Kenya introducing some testing transit regs and ofcourse heard about the drama with Asia testing requirements a few months ago via Qatar the country)

Secondly I am assuming QR are flying people from South Africa to Doha and onwards once again after the ban? I will call them now, but wanted to check for anecdotes.
Qatar Airways and the State of Qatar don't require transit pax to have any kind of negative Covid-19 test nor proof of vaccination. You'll have to satisfy the entry requirements of your destination.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 5:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Don't call them. You'll get more useful info here.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
Originally Posted by realgaga
Qatar Airways and the State of Qatar don't require transit pax to have any kind of negative Covid-19 test nor proof of vaccination. You'll have to satisfy the entry requirements of your destination.
Thanks
Originally Posted by Schwann
Don't call them. You'll get more useful info here.
lol as one would expect I suppose

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.