Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Qatar Airways | Privilege Club

PCR tests flying Qatar ticket to CMB booked via BA website

Old Feb 18, 22, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Help please just on the verge of booking my 72 pre departure Covid test. I am flying to CMB on 6 March I leave London on the QR4/BA7004; and thence to CMB on the QR664/BA6364 apologies I am being dense; presumably the 72 hours is from my departure from London rather than from Doha? Also does one use the BA codeshare flight number or the Qatar flight number on the requisite forms as obviously dont want to get it wrong (presumably putting both flights?) and be unable to either fly or enter Sri Lanka. Very sorry to ask such silly questions but wanted to check before making an expensive mistake. Thanks
Old Feb 18, 22, 2:31 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)

Currently TIMATIC shows this, you might want to check again closer to the day.
Old Feb 18, 22, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by realgaga View Post

Currently TIMATIC shows this, you might want to check again closer to the day.
Thank you thats what I had thought/hoped. Do you put the QR or BA codeshare on the requisite forms? Thank you
Old Feb 18, 22, 2:44 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by CharlotteC View Post
Thank you thats what I had thought/hoped. Do you put the QR or BA codeshare on the requisite forms? Thank you
I would put the QR prime number to avoid confusion.
Schwann likes this.
Old Feb 18, 22, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by realgaga View Post
I would put the QR prime number to avoid confusion.
Thank you once again thats what I thought! Will probably put both flights just to make sure QR4/QR664 given Sri Lanka doesnt appear to recognise QR codes and appears very paper driven
Old Feb 19, 22, 12:26 am

Programs: LH Sen
The health check in Colombo is very civil. 72 hours is preembarkation.
My friends missed their flight in IST and arrived 22 late. Technically their qr code was expired by then. They had no issues with the health check which is after passport after customs and past the money exchange kiosks.
Old Feb 19, 22, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ukiechris View Post
The health check in Colombo is very civil. 72 hours is preembarkation.
My friends missed their flight in IST and arrived 22 late. Technically their qr code was expired by then. They had no issues with the health check which is after passport after customs and past the money exchange kiosks.
Thank you! I am fully vaccinated and boostered. I booked with Randox for an express 1-3 hour result turnaround (I get impatient) and so we will see what transpires! I read somewhere that the Sri Lankan authorities wanted print outs rather than qr codes
Old Feb 20, 22, 12:27 am

Programs: LH Sen
Thank you! I am fully vaccinated and boostered. I booked with Randox for an express 1-3 hour result turnaround (I get impatient) and so we will see what transpires! I read somewhere that the Sri Lankan authorities wanted print outs rather than qr codes
You upload you vax certificate and the negative test result along with your passport page to the health check system before you fly. Once you land they don't ask you to see anything unless there is a problem. Before you board the flight at your origin the airline might check the test result and confirm that you have uploaded everything required and received a qr code in return.
I did all that was required before flying and never had to interact with anyone regarding visa insurance vax or tests. All of those popped up on their screens once my passport was scanned.
Old Feb 20, 22, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ukiechris View Post
You upload you vax certificate and the negative test result along with your passport page to the health check system before you fly. Once you land they don't ask you to see anything unless there is a problem. Before you board the flight at your origin the airline might check the test result and confirm that you have uploaded everything required and received a qr code in return.
I did all that was required before flying and never had to interact with anyone regarding visa insurance vax or tests. All of those popped up on their screens once my passport was scanned.
Thank you. Guess best to upload things via laptop or iPad rather than iPhone?
Old Feb 20, 22, 4:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Thank you. Guess best to upload things via laptop or iPad rather than iPhone?
I really don't think it makes any difference, if all methods work.

Search this Thread