Community
Wiki Posts
Search

40 qcredits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2022, 12:50 am
Original Poster

40 qcredits

I have 40 qcredits expiring in June. What's the best use?
Old Feb 16, 2022, 12:26 am

The best use is for an upgrade IMO. I think it will be impossible to use all of them though, you will always be left with less than 12 and they are not much use.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, WY Gold, Delta Silver Medallion
I had 40 QCredits expiring in the month of June, so I decided it would be the best to put them into use. I was flying KWI-DOH-BOS, and realized that the DOH-BOS sector costed 39 QCredits. Booked an eight hour layover in Doha to maximize the chances for my upgrade. I eventually got the seat lol. Got reseated from 42A to 1A 😎
SullyofDoha likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:03 am
Original Poster

DOH-US for 39 credits is pretty good use!
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Platinum Tier
I also have 40+ qcredits... Where do I check when they are expiring? CAnt see it on the Qatar iOS app.
f.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by friskygeek
I also have 40+ qcredits... Where do I check when they are expiring? CAnt see it on the Qatar iOS app.
f.
Look at dashboard.
friskygeek likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: Qatar Airways
Originally Posted by qraec777
I had 40 QCredits expiring in the month of June, so I decided it would be the best to put them into use. I was flying KWI-DOH-BOS, and realized that the DOH-BOS sector costed 39 QCredits. Booked an eight hour layover in Doha to maximize the chances for my upgrade. I eventually got the seat lol. Got reseated from 42A to 1A 😎
Newbie here, what about this upgrade with Big layover? If you have time to reply of course
Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:04 am

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, WY Gold, Delta Silver Medallion
There were two possible combinations from KWI-BOS, one with a one hour layover, and the other with an eight hour layover. I realized that having an eight hour layover would be a safe bet because, by landing earlier in DOH, I assumed that I might be able to snag the last remaining available seat in J class. KWI Station cannot process upgrades onwards from DOH, so I can't really rely on them. Fortunately, it worked for me. If the seat had been blocked, that would've ended up disastrous.
florin likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 1:07 pm

Anyone have any luck using QCredits to upgrade to first on an A380? I'm flying from CDG on an A380 in Business, but never see availability for First. It comes up with Q2 (meaning I can pay double QMiles for the seat), but I wanna upgrade
Old Mar 10, 2022, 10:32 pm

Hi, I was able to upgrade a few days ago on the Paris to Doha flight from business to first class. I never saw availability in advance, but had success when checking in at the airport. A total of 28 q credits, and well worth it!
mlqsko likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 6:56 am

Can someone that has successfully used their Qcredits confirm the process of redemption? I have 80 Qcredits and 40 of those expire this month. Im thinking of booking an Economy class seat from IAD to DOH, and want to use my Qcredits to upgrade to Qsuites. I dont want to book economy and then get stuck in Economy with no way of upgrading.

THanks!
f.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I dont want to book economy and then get stuck in Economy with no way of upgrading.
Then Qcredits aren't for you...
florin likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Can someone that has successfully used their Qcredits confirm the process of redemption? I have 80 Qcredits and 40 of those expire this month. Im thinking of booking an Economy class seat from IAD to DOH, and want to use my Qcredits to upgrade to Qsuites. I dont want to book economy and then get stuck in Economy with no way of upgrading.

THanks!
f.
If you see standard award availability on QRPC site for your date(s), you'll have no problem upgrading.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
If you see standard award availability on QRPC site for your date(s), you'll have no problem upgrading.
Great! Appreciate the help!
f.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: qr
I have tried this strategy several times and has not worked for me in using a credits or miles to upgrade my fights . Each time I tried on line said error and despite me contacting gold help line was refused upgrade as there was no availability despite the on line availability checker saying there’s was . Had to rely on gamble of update at check in - which on all occasions was granted YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.