FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/2065671-complaints-rants-problems-qr.html)

gav0106 Jan 7, 2022 11:45 pm

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Good morning. Qatar just cancelled flight Phuket to Doha - Manchester. Received an email. No re-booking made. Can not change online. Need to call. Doha not answering lines, will wait for London office to open. Can anyone advise what compensation is due, and do they cover extra night in hotel etc?

Many thanks

Spazybugs Jan 8, 2022 4:40 am

Cant get through to anyone using the Uk line. As soon as it says the privacy policy the line goes dead. Anyone know the best way to get in contact? I still havent got any confirmation that my flight was cancelled!

maerim Jan 8, 2022 4:59 am

Try Privilege Club No:+97440230023

plunet Jan 9, 2022 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Spazybugs (Post 33882929)
Cant get through to anyone using the Uk line. As soon as it says the privacy policy the line goes dead. Anyone know the best way to get in contact? I still havent got any confirmation that my flight was cancelled!

I have never had any positive interaction with the UK line. I just call a random number in another country that is a reasonable cost per min to call. Doha isn't reasonable.

Stil Jan 9, 2022 1:52 am

Originally Posted by plunet (Post 33885453)
I have never had any positive interaction with the UK line. I just call a random number in another country that is a reasonable cost per min to call. Doha isn't reasonable.

You can use Skype to phone service. At a reasonable cost.
https://www.skype.com/en/international-calls/

KingCanute Jan 9, 2022 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Spazybugs (Post 33882929)
As soon as it says the privacy policy the line goes dead

Can't get more private than that :)

A second vote for skype (or similar) to the Doha PC number though.

WoodlandCreature Jan 9, 2022 10:10 am

Originally Posted by plunet (Post 33885453)

I have had good results by calling the Australian line, which is one-tenth of the cost of calling Doha for me from Canada. The Australian line forwards to Doha anyway, at least outside business hours.

GalaxyChris Jan 9, 2022 3:23 pm

Once again QR...

We selected our seats in September A350-900 no Qsuite (me and my partner), we are flying in less than 48h and we got ejected of our seat (Gold QR and Sapphire BA, paid QR ticket), not even seated together anymore, plane still the same.
The only problem is that my relative are also in the same flight, with 2 seats in front of us, no status and paid ticket, they still have their seat :confused:

Whatapps Support zero help to get back our seats, phone of my partner to QR call center get zero result (the operator pretending there no supervisor, that's the blocked seat 1E/1F (in front of my relatives) are already taken), we needed to move all the 4 seats on the back of the Business class to be able to stick together.

Thank you QR to created this mess, lost hours just for that, and thanks for the status customer... :rolleyes:

mikegm Jan 14, 2022 9:02 pm

Having a comically terrible experience...

Flight got cancelled by QR, can't rebook online. Ok, I try calling, wait about an hour, the rep asks for contact info such as email/phone but doesn't mention that's for security verification and has to match what I put on the booking, proceeds to tell me something was wrong, refuses to say what exactly, refuses to let me try again, says I have to hang up and wait in line again. Ok, I try that, waste another hour, this time they have a horrible sound quality with constant interruptions, can't figure out what the rep is saying so have to hang up again. Try again in the evening, waste another 1.5 hours but get to someone who seems useful. He offers two rebooking options one of which doesn't work for me at all. I ask for the other one, he says no problem, booked it for you, verbally confirms the right time/date and hangs up. I check the email confirmation and the genius booked the flight that didn't work for me... I'm now on the 5th wasted hour with them trying to sort this out. Quite the 5 star airline!

dayone Jan 14, 2022 11:01 pm

@mikegm Welcome to FlyerTalk.

rberk Jan 15, 2022 9:20 pm

I have a voucher that expires today. So even though I don't have any firmed-up travel plans, I need to book *something*. Maybe I will take it, maybe I will end up changing it later.

But I am finding the website close to unusable. Seemingly random errors. I get this a lot:

You don't have permission to access "http://www.qatarairways.com/en-sg/homepage.html?" on this server.
When I do get in, and log into my account, when going through the booking, it frequently fails to populate the various fields. E.g., when I choose myself from the drop-down menu of pre-defined passengers, none of the fields are populated. I have to type in my PC number, even though it appears in the little dashboard thingy at the top right of the screen :(

Finally, if I do manage to get all the way through, when I type in the voucher number, it tells me, I should only put in one voucher per passenger! Yes, that's what I am doing, I have one voucher, I put it in, and it is apparently one too many.

I guess I'm going to have to do this on the phone :(

rberk Jan 15, 2022 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by rberk (Post 33905942)
I have a voucher that expires today. So even though I don't have any firmed-up travel plans, I need to book *something*. Maybe I will take it, maybe I will end up changing it later.

But I am finding the website close to unusable. Seemingly random errors. I get this a lot:

When I do get in, and log into my account, when going through the booking, it frequently fails to populate the various fields. E.g., when I choose myself from the drop-down menu of pre-defined passengers, none of the fields are populated. I have to type in my PC number, even though it appears in the little dashboard thingy at the top right of the screen :(

Finally, if I do manage to get all the way through, when I type in the voucher number, it tells me, I should only put in one voucher per passenger! Yes, that's what I am doing, I have one voucher, I put it in, and it is apparently one too many.

I guess I'm going to have to do this on the phone :(

Done by phone.

I called the US toll-free number, even though I'm not in the US, because (1) that's what I found by Google at a time when I was getting an error message accessing the QR website, and (2) I know I can call US toll-free numbers for free through Skype, and I anticipated that this might be a long call.

And it was. Even though they picked up almost straight away, it was a long, difficult process, and it seemed to me even the person at the other end was really struggling to do what I though should be a routine activity, which is booking a ticket and using a voucher to pay for part of it.

I think it was over an hour :( But the ticket is now issued. I just hope I can go.

maerim Jan 16, 2022 1:45 am

Originally Posted by mikegm (Post 33903373)
Having a comically terrible experience...

Flight got cancelled by QR, can't rebook online. Ok, I try calling, wait about an hour, the rep asks for contact info such as email/phone but doesn't mention that's for security verification and has to match what I put on the booking, proceeds to tell me something was wrong, refuses to say what exactly, refuses to let me try again, says I have to hang up and wait in line again. Ok, I try that, waste another hour, this time they have a horrible sound quality with constant interruptions, can't figure out what the rep is saying so have to hang up again. Try again in the evening, waste another 1.5 hours but get to someone who seems useful. He offers two rebooking options one of which doesn't work for me at all. I ask for the other one, he says no problem, booked it for you, verbally confirms the right time/date and hangs up. I check the email confirmation and the genius booked the flight that didn't work for me... I'm now on the 5th wasted hour with them trying to sort this out. Quite the 5 star airline!

I am in my 4th month of flying QR and already Gold Status with all flights in business or first class. Twice flights have been changed and there has been no communication to advise me. 1st time I checked manage by booking for a flight the next day and noticed that I had been rebooked on a later flight, when an earlier flight was available. If I had not checked my booking I would have travelled to the airport for the original flight as would other passengers who I talked to at check in.

Second time flight changed with a 10 hour transit in Doha. Phoned the call centre and changed to 3-4 hour transit. Asked the guy why my flight wasn't changed to this flight and all he said was maybe a tight connection.

I don't understand why QR cannot send an e mail advising of change in flight as other airlines I travel on do. Most people would not check manage my booking I think.

plunet Jan 16, 2022 2:53 am

Originally Posted by maerim (Post 33906219)
I don't understand why QR cannot send an e mail advising of change in flight as other airlines I travel on do. Most people would not check manage my booking I think.

​​​​​​My personal hunch is that it's possibly down to the origin of each sector as to whether you get notified. So for example a flight like LHR - DOH - SIN, it would be down to a team responsible for LHR to notify on flight changes for the first sector, and Doha for the 2nd sector. Which is completely bonkers and might explain why it's a bit random if you get notified.

Penguinmoon Jan 16, 2022 8:46 pm

This. Anytime I have actually gotten an email, it has come from the city of departure reservation team. In my case CMB, CGK, and BKK.

Originally Posted by plunet (Post 33906289)
​​​​​​My personal hunch is that it's possibly down to the origin of each sector as to whether you get notified. So for example a flight like LHR - DOH - SIN, it would be down to a team responsible for LHR to notify on flight changes for the first sector, and Doha for the 2nd sector. Which is completely bonkers and might explain why it's a bit random if you get notified.