Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2022, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zol
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rberk
It seems they have moved me over to an American Airlines flight five minutes earlier.

Yes. Call. I had a similar issue. CGK-DOH-JFK. Automatically rebooked to AA when QR gave the 1:00 am departure to AA. I knew I didn't wan't AA, but also knew I wanted to keep a 1:00 am ish departure to anywhere in N America (ORD/DFW). I did a bit of research knew the QR DOH-DFW flight in Q suite had seats left, and they moved me to that flight. I think they are open to putting you on any flight within the same country on QR metal.

I'm trying to decide whether I should just accept this, or try to get something else.

But when I log into the website, the two choices are "Request Refund" and "Acknowledge Changes". "Look for another flight" is not on offer, at least not on the initial screen.

ETA - and the American Airlines flight comes with a substantially reduced number of Q-Points, relative to the QR flight. I don't know whether I can argue for the extra Q-Points.

ETA even more - OK, they have moved me to 29 JUN 0:55 JFK -> DOH 29 JUN 21:00 and 30 JUN 2:35 DOH -> SIN 30 JUN 15:45, with the first flight being AA and the second being QR. I would prefer 29 JUN 10:35 JFK -> DOH 30 JUN 6:10 and 1 JUL 2:35 DOH -> SIN 1 JUL 15:45, with both flights being QR. But this is not offered at the website, the only choices are refund or accept the AA flight. If I call them on the telephone, will they be more flexible?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Yes. Call. I had a similar issue. CGK-DOH-JFK. Automatically rebooked to AA when QR gave the 1:00 am departure to AA. I knew I didn't wan't AA, but also knew I wanted to keep a 1:00 am ish departure to anywhere in N America (ORD/DFW). I did a bit of research knew the QR DOH-DFW flight in Q suite had seats left, and they moved me to that flight. I think they are open to putting you on any flight within the same country on QR metal.
Well I called in, and while the person with whom I spoke seemed quite open to the idea of rebooking me from a different US city, we found no availability anywhere. I tried BOS, PHL, and IAD. They don't seem to fly to EWR or BWI, and that pretty much covers the main airports on that northeastern US train line. I guess I could have tried ORD or DFW, but to get there, I'd have to fly on AA (or another US airline) anyway . . .

So I have been found guilty and sentenced to twelve hours on AA
Old Jun 3, 2022, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond

So I have been found guilty and sentenced to twelve hours on AA
Great is what they're going for, so it should be a good ride!
Old Jun 4, 2022, 5:36 am

First time flying Business class with any airline recently and I've always enjoyed Qatar Airways and suffice to say, they did not disappoint.

My only gripe with the whole experience was that after having paid fair whack for the tickets, I was still expected to pay to pick my seats! It's the one thing that really annoyed me and at Ł50+ per seat, I didn't bother. Q Suite on some of the flights helps of course but would have liked some window seats.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 6:40 am

Programs: United, AA, Delta
Unhappy No Business Award Seats

We purchased two AA awards tickets, Business Class - Q-Suits on Qatar (DXB to DOH to Chicago to JAX). Qatar subsequently cancelled one leg of our flight. I called AA and there are no Business Class tickets to get us from DXB to JAX (doesn't matter which city it fly into in the US). On Qatar website I can see q-suits available on various flights, but AA says they do not have them in inventory. We are flexible on routing and date. We currently have two tickets in economy, It is worth my while to call AA again or call Qatar to see it if we can obtain a Q-Suit routing?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Dorothy Hutchinson
We purchased two AA awards tickets, Business Class - Q-Suits on Qatar (DXB to DOH to Chicago to JAX). Qatar subsequently cancelled one leg of our flight. I called AA and there are no Business Class tickets to get us from DXB to JAX (doesn't matter which city it fly into in the US). On Qatar website I can see q-suits available on various flights, but AA says they do not have them in inventory. We are flexible on routing and date. We currently have two tickets in economy, It is worth my while to call AA again or call Qatar to see it if we can obtain a Q-Suit routing?
AA would need QR reward inventory to rebook you on Qatar Airways. Since you have booked with American Airlines, AA should be your main point of contact and you should deal with them on your rebooking. In addition, QR might release more award space to their own members thus the availability on the Qatar Airways website would not matter. AA would definitely not rebook you on a revenue fare bucket as well on a QR flight. You might try asking for AA 120/121 DOH-JFK for the long-haul leg, which you're likely to get but for QR you would need reward inventory.

For more help, I would suggest you to go to the AA forum as you have booked with AAdvantage miles and AA is responsible for rebooking you. Not Qatar Airways.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 6:01 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
What am I supposed to do with 12 leftover QCredits?
jah718 and SullyofDoha like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
Great is what they're going for, so it should be a good ride!
Just completed the flight a couple of days ago. I am beginning to wonder whether “great” means the opposite of what I think it means.
Schwann likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:48 pm

Just completed the flight a couple of days ago. I am beginning to wonder whether “great” means the opposite of what I think it means.
How was it if I may ask? I would never consider AA over QR but curious to know how it compares in food/service
Old Jul 2, 2022, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by NickRivas
How was it if I may ask? I would never consider AA over QR but curious to know how it compares in food/service
Not good.

It was in Y. I had hoped to upgrade, but given availability, I pretty much gave up on that idea even before QR switched me over to AA, so I just accepted that I had to spend 12 hours in AA economy (or not go, which wasn’t an option).

Throughout, I felt like OW emerald status was barely acknowledged, which contrasts with QR, where they fawn over me to the point that it is sometimes almost embarrassing.

I checked in at the priority check-in at JFK, which was the only one I saw - I guess regular check-in was somewhere else. I felt no particular need to go looking for it. Check-in was OK, although I found it odd that when I asked about lounge access, the check-in person told me that that didn’t come with economy, even though I had handed him my QR platinum card (which is actually made of metal!) with my passport, and had to ask for it back when he failed to return it.

Well, whatever, I went to the lounge and they admitted me. The lounge was pretty mediocre (partly because it was about to close), with passengers competing for whatever food/drink was leftover. In fairness, it really wasn’t any worse (maybe even better?) than QR’s default economy-but-status lounge at my home airport, and I’m guessing this was the exact same lounge I would have gotten even if the flight had remained QR instead of AA.

The boarding process was like a WWF smack down. A few hours before check-in, I had received an email informing me that my seat assignment had been changed from X to X (yes, the same seat), but my boarding pass had no seat on it. The flight was at gate 14, but the check-in people had taken over the desk for gate 16 as well. Gate agents were screaming at each other and at the passengers, issuing conflicting instructions, and berating passengers for not following all of the conflicting instructions, which is impossible, because, well, they conflict.

I stood in front of the desk at 14 to ask what I should do. I think I turned invisible again, because they just ignored me for the longest time. Eventually I turned visible again, and after checking my passport, vaccine documentation, and declaration form for my final destination (all of which had been already been checked at the check-in), they told me to sit down and wait until my name was called. Eventually, they did call my name (and one other), saying we should go to 16. Which I did. They then asked why I am bothering them, I said, the announcement said I should go to gate 16. They looked at my boarding pass and said to sit down and wait until I was called to gate 14.

At some point, I managed to step in some extremely sticky wad of some unknown substance in the boarding area, and it took a considerable amount of time and effort to detoxify my shoe.

Eventually, nearly everyone (maybe everyone else) had boarded. They still hadn’t called me to gate 14, although the gate agents were typing furiously on their computers. What they were doing, i
do not know. I would have been perfectly happy if they left without me and put me on the next QR flight, but I figured if I just sat there until they closed the door, they would claim it was all my fault. So I stood up and loitered near the corner of the gate 14 desk. Although she did her best to ignore me, she eventually found my presence sufficiently annoying that she asked what I wanted. I said I was told to wait until I was called, and handed her my boarding pass. After a small amount of typing, she let out a very loud exclamation of surprise and confusion over whatever it was she was seeing on her computer screen. After pausing for a few seconds, she resumed typing, printed out a new boarding pass, and told me to board. The seat assignment was the same as the one from the email.

So I boarded close to last, or maybe last. Storing my things took some effort, but I managed it. I was in a window seat, with quite a large individual in the middle, and someone else in the aisle. I didn’t measure, but my perception was that the legroom was less than on QR. While seated, with all the flight preparations underway, they called my name (and another name) again, and asked us to identify ourselves to the crew. I was really, really hoping they were going to kick me off the flight, but no such luck. I rang the call bell, someone came, and I identified myself. The crew member said I had to show my passport (...?), which was now in the overhead, while I was imprisoned in the window seat of the block of three, barely able to move. I tried to explain to the crew member where my passport was, but he got on his radio and talked to someone, and they decided they didn’t need to see my passport after all.

The flight was about 20 minutes late, which bothered me slightly, not because I had a tight connection (I didn’t), but because it meant 20 more minutes imprisoned in this seat.

The first meal was highly mediocre, although I don’t know that it’s really any worse than what any of the other US airlines would have offered. I had pasta, but barely ate it. I do not think I had any drink (not sure I was even offered, but maybe I was asleep). The person in the aisle seat had his meal well before the other two of us; I am not sure whether that is because it was a special order, or because he had status (although I had OW emerald status).

This meal remained on my tray for almost the entire 12 hour duration of the flight. Its presence on my tray table may be why the flight attendant decided to move on to the next row, completely ignoring me, after providing food for the aisle and middle seat passengers. I was tempted to ring the call button, despite knowing that this is a very dangerous thing to do on a US airline. But, I decided, since I have a long stopover in DOH, I’ll just eat in the lounge. Eventually, they came and cleared the trays, but no one asked why I had the remains of pasta when everyone else had the remains of breakfast. Perhaps getting skipped on the second meal is a OW emerald benefit.

Upon arrival at DOH, there was almost no one going through security, but a huge crushing mass of humanity at the transfer desk across the aisle from security. Maybe there was some problem issuing them their connecting boarding passes from New York? I am not sure. The flight was late, but not extremely so.

So I went and bought some tequila at duty free, where someone from my flight decided that standing in the queue was optional for him. Then I went to al Mourjan, sat in the restaurant, and had a very pleasant meal with an abundant quantity of wine, courtesy of Mr Ali, and tried to forget about AA.

So the two things that really struck me were (1) the barely concealed disgust and contempt some of the ground staff in particular seemed to have for passengers, and (2) apart from lounge access, having OW emerald status seemed pretty much the same as not having OW emerald status.
EvD86 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 9:41 pm

The "extremely sticky wad of some unknown substance" getting stuck on your shoe is completely unacceptable
Old Jul 3, 2022, 3:13 pm

Programs: Delta, Southwest, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, National
No QSuites on QR778 MIA-DOH on 7/2

A number of my seat mates in J were “peeved” when we made the left turn and saw herringbone lay flats instead of the QSuites we expected. Service was also not up to the usual 5* level with a number of trainees, too. Given that flight came in from DOH with a different cabin configuration than advertised, would you rather be given a heads up email 12-24 hours in advance vs. be let down at the start of your flight?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson
What am I supposed to do with 12 leftover QCredits?
This has always been a pet peeve of mine. What they really should do, is give something like a voucher to upgrade 1 flight for Gold, 2 flights for Platinum. Q credits are just infuriating.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 6:52 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Oh nice, the website has been enhanced. Want to upgrade with miles or QCredits? Haha... NO!
Now when you go to My Dashboard and under my trips you click on Upgrade, you get to do "retrieve booking" and select the segment you want to upgrade, then click on Calculate Price and wait forever. Well, technically only until you get logged out due to inactivity. Well done QR IT - another miserable failure on a customer facing website, breaking yet another functionality!

ETA: I managed to pull up my booking and noticed that there was a change for one of the flights (now 20 minutes later); I had to accept to ask for a refund. After accepting, the normal upgrade functionality resumed.
Of course, I had not received any notification about a change that I needed to accept. The website just behaved differently...
Traveller999 likes this.

Last edited by florin; Jul 6, 2022 at 10:33 pm
Old Jul 19, 2022, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by KingCanute
The "extremely sticky wad of some unknown substance" getting stuck on your shoe is completely unacceptable
So the crowning turd in the water pipe on this involuntary reassignment from QR to AA - no QPoints or miles have shown up weeks after the flight.

Last edited by rberk; Jul 27, 2022 at 8:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.