QR Unbundled Business Class Questions

Old Jan 12, 22, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat (RIP), Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP
QR Unbundled Business Class Questions

Hello all, I have a question about QR's new(ish) unbundled business class fares

As a oneworld emerald via AA I believe if I purchase Lite I still won't have access to the usual QR business class lounge. Is that a correct assumption? Also for classic vs comfort the difference besides earning (which doesn't matter to me since I'll credit it AA and R & I earn the same) it looks like the only difference is seat selection. As a oneworld emerald I read that I'm supposed to get free seat selection does that apply with QR? Also I'm booking 2 tickets one for me and one for my wife will she be able to select her seats if I can since we're on the same ticket with my emerald status?

Thank you for all your help I haven't flown QR on a paid flight in about 4 years
Old Jan 12, 22, 9:23 pm

I booked a o/w Economy flight on QR and my confirmation states That as OW Sapphire I’ll have access to First Class Lounge (Business Lounge is no operating atm). So obviously you and your guest will get it too. You, but not your guest will be able to select seats free of charge.
Old Jan 12, 22, 10:19 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by cyb2888 View Post

As a oneworld emerald via AA I believe if I purchase Lite I still won't have access to the usual QR business class lounge. Is that a correct assumption? Also for classic vs comfort the difference besides earning (which doesn't matter to me since I'll credit it AA and R & I earn the same) it looks like the only difference is seat selection. As a oneworld emerald I read that I'm supposed to get free seat selection does that apply with QR? Also I'm booking 2 tickets one for me and one for my wife will she be able to select her seats if I can since we're on the same ticket with my emerald status?

Thank you for all your help I haven't flown QR on a paid flight in about 4 years
As Business Lite (RBD class P) doesn't grant lounge access, you'll only get access to lounges based on your status. This means no access to premium lounges (eg. Al Mourjan in DOH or QR's own outstation lounges).
The penalties for classic and comfort are different and you should get free seat selection with your status. The system should allow other passengers on the same booking to select seats too.
Old Jan 13, 22, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by realgaga View Post
The penalties for classic and comfort are different and you should get free seat selection with your status. The system should allow other passengers on the same booking to select seats too.
For clarity (as the OP is considering purchasing a "lite" fare), does OWE status also trump QR restrictions on P-fare seat selection?

I'm not clear how QR can get away with refusing lounge entry to its own lounges where these are not specifically designated as "premium" facilities outside the OneWorld programme. Though, to be honest, I'm not sure if there are many QR-hosted OneWorld lounges around the world.
Old Jan 13, 22, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the information. Anyone know what the cost for seat selection with the classic fare without status? I would assume that the seat collection costs more than the $100 difference?
Old Jan 13, 22, 7:40 am

Thanks for the information. Anyone know what the cost for seat selection with the classic fare without status? I would assume that the seat collection costs more than the $100 difference?
The fee for seat selection differs on route and distance so each flight is different.
Old Jan 13, 22, 9:54 pm

Silly question but have you tried entering the code FLYQR22 which could bring the cost of Classic down?
Old Jan 14, 22, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Partyzant View Post
Silly question but have you tried entering the code FLYQR22 which could bring the cost of Classic down?
I'm hoping to book sometime soon. I'll try that code thanks!
Old Jan 14, 22, 2:27 pm

Hello please can anybody help me? I am hoping to book a flight to Colombo via the BA website on a QR BA codeshare. I am a BAEC silver. I have read about QRs new unbundled fares but the BA website doesnt elucidate which fare bucket I would be buying - one flight says I and another says R. Please can anybody tell me whether I would get access to the Al Mourjan lounge (or would I need to pay) and free seat selection if I was to buy via the BA website (the prices are also moderately better too). Thanks
Old Jan 14, 22, 2:38 pm
Community Director

Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
For clarity (as the OP is considering purchasing a "lite" fare), does OWE status also trump QR restrictions on P-fare seat selection?
It does but only with great difficulty. I detailed my experience in this forum several months back. I am OWE. I had to go thru many people including their twitter team. The twitter team said I should get my seat assignment for free. With that in hand, I finally reached someone on the phone who gave me an assignment. There was nothing easy about this.
Old Jan 14, 22, 2:43 pm
Community Director

As a oneworld emerald via AA I believe if I purchase Lite I still won't have access to the usual QR business class lounge. Is that a correct assumption?
When I flew in Nov on paid biz, I was given entrance to Al Mourjan because the lounge normally assigned to One World elites was closed. I do not know when they plan to reopen this lounge.
Old Jan 14, 22, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by CharlotteC View Post
Hello please can anybody help me? I am hoping to book a flight to Colombo via the BA website on a QR BA codeshare. I am a BAEC silver. I have read about QRs new unbundled fares but the BA website doesnt elucidate which fare bucket I would be buying - one flight says I and another says R. Please can anybody tell me whether I would get access to the Al Mourjan lounge (or would I need to pay) and free seat selection if I was to buy via the BA website (the prices are also moderately better too). Thanks
The new QR fare families only applies to tickets issued on QR stock, If your ticket is issued on BA stock then all of this doesn't apply to you.
Old Jan 15, 22, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by realgaga View Post
The new QR fare families only applies to tickets issued on QR stock, If your ticket is issued on BA stock then all of this doesn't apply to you.
Thank you thats really helpful - so to clarify if I book it through the BA app and it is quoting a BA flight number I have the full lounge etc privileges? One final question if I get covided and need to cancel the flight do I get the BA E voucher/FTV or Qatar? Many thanks again
Old Jan 15, 22, 10:12 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post

I'm not clear how QR can get away with refusing lounge entry to its own lounges where these are not specifically designated as "premium" facilities outside the OneWorld programme. Though, to be honest, I'm not sure if there are many QR-hosted OneWorld lounges around the world.
I believe the OW website does carve out AM and AS access similar to CCR for BA and Private Room for SQ- if that's what you are referring to
nancypants and DiamondMile like this.
Old Jan 15, 22, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Anyone seeing this error when trying to book? I tried on Chrome, Edge, mobile...any help would be appreciated.

Search this Thread