Wiki Posts
Search

QR Unbundled Business Class Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2022, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by kq747
I believe the OW website does carve out AM and AS access similar to CCR for BA and Private Room for SQ- if that's what you are referring to
Not quite what I meant. There was a suggestion that QR refuses to allow P-fare passengers access to its out-station lounges, even where these hold OneWorld status
So we're talking lounges not explicitly excluded from OneWorld arrangements. OneWorld Emeralds surely have access to these, whatever their class of travel and whatever the fare designation of their ticket.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Not quite what I meant. There was a suggestion that QR refuses to allow P-fare passengers access to its out-station lounges, even where these hold OneWorld status
So we're talking lounges not explicitly excluded from OneWorld arrangements. OneWorld Emeralds surely have access to these, whatever their class of travel and whatever the fare designation of their ticket.
Well, the Oneworld lounge access policies also include a provision that excludes QR business lite fares. From oneworld.com:
Qatar Airways “Business Lite” fares are not eligible for lounge access.

Finnair “Business Light” fares are not eligible for lounge access.
But I agree that I don't think this exclusion is meant to apply to access by status. Otherwise a sapphire or emerald flyer would be able to enter the lounge when flying in coach but not when flying in business lite. I think those anecdotal reports from outstation lounges are just the typical QR confusion of applying a rule across the board that doesn't apply to everyone across the board.
trooper and kq747 like this.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 2:37 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by CharlotteC
Thank you that’s really helpful - so to clarify if I book it through the BA app and it is quoting a BA flight number I have the full lounge etc privileges? One final question if I get ‘covided’ and need to cancel the flight do I get the BA E voucher/FTV or Qatar? Many thanks again
If you book with BA in business class you don't need to be concerned about lounge access etc. You will get s normal business class service.

If you need to seek a change to your ticket sold by BA due to COVID stuff it will be BA's polices that apply as that's who you have contracted with for your ticket.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by cyb2888

Anyone seeing this error when trying to book? I tried on Chrome, Edge, mobile...any help would be appreciated.
Try again later?
Old Jan 16, 2022, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
When I flew in Nov on paid biz, I was given entrance to Al Mourjan because the lounge normally assigned to One World elites was closed. I do not know when they plan to reopen this lounge.
A silver lounge has opened in the past week. The forum has some pics and is trying to work out what the policy will be.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by plunet
If you book with BA in business class you don't need to be concerned about lounge access etc. You will get s normal business class service.

If you need to seek a change to your ticket sold by BA due to COVID stuff it will be BA's polices that apply as that's who you have contracted with for your ticket.
Thank you once again, that’s what I had hoped! Now just waiting for the wretched eVoucher to come through from my cancelled Mumbai flight
Old Jan 16, 2022, 3:09 am

Great, so hopefully in March it will be Al Mourjan rather than the silver lounge?
Old Jan 16, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: GGLfL
Can you help at all with the current situation on seat assignments if booking with BA. I have business class BA tickets, using BA coded flights throughout on LHR-DOH-SEZ. Neither BA nor QR's MMB offer any link to access seating.

Using AT, MH or RJ's MMB allows me to go to select seats, where every single seat is blocked.

BA cannot help, they contacted the OW helpdesk, who said seat assignments were not currently available on my booking and to try later or at OLCI.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Just booked a RT from DFW-DOH-DXB thru QR website

DFW-DOH — P class
DOH-DXB-DOH — A class
DOH-DFW — I class

Was allowed to pick my seats for free during booking process for all flights. I picked the cheapest fare since my layover is only 1hr for my connecting flight to DXB and back to DOH.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 10:28 pm

Great, so hopefully in March it will be Al Mourjan rather than the silver lounge?
Yes any QR operated flight booked via any non-QR stock, which is ticketed as Business class ticket will be entitled to Al Mourjan access. Doesn’t matter whether the non-QR stock is ticketed with a QR flight number or a codeshare. Of course in your case, as you’re booking via BA, a BA codeshare would be more beneficial purely for the extra Avios earning. Having said that, good luck having seat assignments arranged if it’s booked as a codeshare!! (Having said that, depending on your luck, the QR Twitter team usually should be able to help).

You have nothing to worry about!
Old Jan 17, 2022, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by AirbusA350
Yes any QR operated flight booked via any non-QR stock, which is ticketed as Business class ticket will be entitled to Al Mourjan access. Doesn’t matter whether the non-QR stock is ticketed with a QR flight number or a codeshare. Of course in your case, as you’re booking via BA, a BA codeshare would be more beneficial purely for the extra Avios earning. Having said that, good luck having seat assignments arranged if it’s booked as a codeshare!! (Having said that, depending on your luck, the QR Twitter team usually should be able to help).

You have nothing to worry about!
Many thanks again for your help - much appreciated! Now just waiting for my BAe voucher
AirbusA350 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 10:53 am

Many thanks again for your help - much appreciated! Now just waiting for my BAe voucher
Many thanks again - hugely appreciated apart from a few sweaty moments re selection via QR, RJ and MH websites where they cancelled out all the seats that I had been assigned and I couldn’t apply any seat that I chose to the booking, rescued by Royal Air Maroc and the new seat numbers are in my booking in my account on the BA app! Only niggly thing is that the price went down by £200 after I booked it - ggrrrhhh

Big thank you all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.