QR 020 DUB DOH
What on earth is a hand rolled egg?
Old Sep 4, 2022, 9:00 pm

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
QR955 CGK-DOH 01:10am

Quite limited menu on this red-eye flight

Cheese plate post-take off with Tokaji dessert wine

Breakfast - Fruit plate and yoghurt

Breakfast - wasn’t too keen on any of the egg dishes so picked the Mie Goreng with tiger prawna from the light menu as breakfast main, nice last taste of SEA before going back to Europe. Taste (4/5)

Other observations

- Full flight 36/36 on a non-qsuite A350, entire J crew was hustling nonstop pre-departure right till the captain announced crew to sit.
- Noticed overall service flow always a little hectic when flights are full on the non-qsuite A359s which may be due to the fact that theres is only one galley by the front door (where as the Qsuite A359s have a second galley by the second door which may have helped relieve congestion in the first galley).
- Nevertheless crew did their best and even managed to pull a full breakfast service 1 hour from Landing for many passengers on this overnight flight - so kudos to them!
- Crew was overall good, I was mainly served by the Purser who was excellent, there was a trainee though who seemed very nervous / reserved but she mainly stayed in the galley.
Sydneyberlin and aritrixa like this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by floatingpoint
Doh-lax qr741
I will be on this flight Friday, pre-select menu shows the same. Dont suppose you had either the lamb or chicken, and if yes, how was it?
Old Sep 5, 2022, 2:45 am

Programs: SQ KF, Marriott Bonvoy, GA Miles, QR Privilege
Originally Posted by nomadabroad

Quite limited menu on this red-eye flight

Cheese plate post-take off with Tokaji dessert wine

Breakfast - Fruit plate and yoghurt

Breakfast - wasn’t too keen on any of the egg dishes so picked the Mie Goreng with tiger prawna from the light menu as breakfast main, nice last taste of SEA before going back to Europe. Taste (4/5)

Other observations

- Full flight 36/36 on a non-qsuite A350, entire J crew was hustling nonstop pre-departure right till the captain announced crew to sit.
- Noticed overall service flow always a little hectic when flights are full on the non-qsuite A359s which may be due to the fact that theres is only one galley by the front door (where as the Qsuite A359s have a second galley by the second door which may have helped relieve congestion in the first galley).
- Nevertheless crew did their best and even managed to pull a full breakfast service 1 hour from Landing for many passengers on this overnight flight - so kudos to them!
- Crew was overall good, I was mainly served by the Purser who was excellent, there was a trainee though who seemed very nervous / reserved but she mainly stayed in the galley.
Thank you for sharing QR955 menu!
I am with you that I experienced many time to see hectic pre-departure operation on full J ex-CGK. Once I saw the purser just sits on her seat only couple seconds before the engine spooling up for take-off.

Last edited by aritrixa; Sep 5, 2022 at 2:55 am
Old Sep 5, 2022, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by aritrixa
Thank you for sharing QR955 menu!
I am with you that I experienced many time to see hectic pre-departure operation on full J ex-CGK. Once I saw the purser sit on her seat only couple seconds before the engine spooling for take-off.
Indeed it was quite a scene last night when the captain announced crews to sit and you have 4 crews running around trying to secure everything in the galley!

QR J pre departure checklist is insane ( PDBs, take as many meal orders as possible, hand out PJs, purser greetings, reconcile/crosscheck meal order against inventory, put correct meals in oven and prep as much as possible for post take off meal, the list goes on…)
Old Sep 5, 2022, 2:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Schwann
It's worth noting that it's the same food as all other routes just plated differently - which makes it look fancier. I don't think we're back to pre-COVID quality either, but some outstation caterers make a valiant effort.
Well, the food is plated by the crew inflight (after being reheated). It is all delivered and heated up in standard (aluminum) containers. There is a folder with plating instructions for each meal, sometimes the veteran crews plate it a bit different.
Sydneyberlin and aritrixa like this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 3:31 am

QR1367 DOH-JNB Pre-Select Departure Time 7:15 AM

1. Duo tear drop croquettes with vegan barbeque sauce

herb arancini, boiled potato and beetroot pickled radish

2. Pan seared dill salmon with Asian smoked pepper sauce

saffron coriander pumpkin mash and blanched vegetables

3. Traditional mixed grill with pepper kousa mashi

grilled lamb rack, shish taouk, chicken and beef kofta
Old Sep 5, 2022, 4:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Well, the food is plated by the crew inflight (after being reheated). It is all delivered and heated up in standard (aluminum) containers. There is a folder with plating instructions for each meal, sometimes the veteran crews plate it a bit different.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the meals are actually served in the plates they're cooked in all routes except for CDG, LHR and B787-9 flights which are crew plated?
Old Sep 5, 2022, 4:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Only the main course in the white plates are reheated (you can see the (minimal) splatter marks in some photos), the bowls and other plates are 'plated' from the containers.
Schwann likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 11:42 am

Qr01 doh-lhr 12:55pm

Menu

Afternoon tea post-takeoff (4/5)

Salmon gravlax with kiwi and barley (5/5)

Beef and Barley soup (3/5), pretty average

Seared beef with chermoula sauce (4/5)

Lobster Thermidor with herb fettuccine (5/5 - excellent dish!)

Ginger orange cake (5/5)
Carfield, imverge and Loungeabout like this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by Schwann
What on earth is a hand rolled egg?
I am sorry to say that I can't remember! I did actually have that dish but whatever it was it didn't stand either in a bad or good way.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by ziek
I will be on this flight Friday, pre-select menu shows the same. Dont suppose you had either the lamb or chicken, and if yes, how was it?
I did have the lamb, it was decent. I'm rarely impressed with airline food, and QR wasn't really an exception. Nice to be in a QSuite for this 15 hour flight, though - hope you have a great flight!
ziek likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 6:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm on the 8:40am flight DOH - AMS in the near future. I assume that breakfast is served straight after take off, but is there a main meal served before arrival (7hr flight so arrival is 15:40 Doha time).

Anyone have a menu for this flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.