Wiki Posts
Search

Silver Lounge in HIA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2022, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Silver
Silver Lounge in HIA

Qatar Airways opened a new Silver Lounge at HIA, I presume specifically for travellers with Silver status.

It can be found at the start of the B-pier, on the left side.

I was there on dec 29, I was told it opened the day before.

It's a small lounge, much smaller than the old business lounge, and not nearly as sumptuous as Al Mourjan, but all necessities were there (food, some drinks, toilets,...).

To my surprise it wasn't signposted, so I had to look round a fair bit before I found it. At first I was looking for the old business lounge, but I think the signposts must have been removed.
aphro likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
This could potentially help with the overcrowding at the Al Mourjan lounge until the reopening of the business and first class lounges
Old Jan 6, 2022, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Yeah I had to ask 3 different people on how to get to it; there's no signage for it.
It's okay... There are some nibbles, and there is beer and wine. I've heard one guy who was frustrated about the lack of whiskey and asked a lounge attendant for it and was brought one. So, I guess if you don't find what you like, you can try asking.
There are no sleep facilities or any other nice stuff; it's mostly a place to chill for a bit. There are showers.
aphro likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: Qatar Plat, Sinbad Silver.
Silver Lounge South

We travelled through HIA earlier this week as Gold in economy, we first went to Al Mourjan but we were redirected to this new lounge, the directions were a bit vague. Head towards the B gates, just passed Burberry. I spotted the lounge just as I stepped onto the travelator, with my wife laughing behind me, as I sailed off into the distance.
Therefore, directions should be head for the B gates, just as you get to the first travelator look to your left & there it is.
We thought it was much better than the old lounge, about the same size, with much more seating with USB/plug chargers for every seat.
There were various food options sandwiches, soup, desserts etc. The main difference were three hot dishes Biryani, Pasta & Noodle dishes.
It was pretty busy, but not at all noisy, there were a couple of meeting rooms, also a quiet area with 7/8 cubicles, they were all occupied so I couldn't take a pic.
There is also a coffee/drink station at the far end of the lounge, which had a great view of the apron by gate B1.
As this is named Silver Lounge south, am guessing there will be a Silver Lounge north at the new North Node complex, maybe even a Gold lounge?
The pics to follow give you an idea.

A small part of the dining area.

Coffee/drinking point

Quiet area with cubicles.

Great view of apron by gate B1
Thepi, Abidjan, YoHo66 and 7 others like this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
We now wait for some kind soul to parse the rules on which passenger are allowed to enter, and under what circumstances.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
We now wait for some kind soul to parse the rules on which passenger are allowed to enter, and under what circumstances.
For which day of the week?
IAN-UK likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 9:00 pm

North Node pictures from August 2019

Loungeabout likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 3:52 am

Programs: QRPC-Plat/OWE, MPC, BAEC
From oneworld lounge list - sapphire only?

seems likes it's only for sapphire passengers only - perhaps a gold lounge coming for emeralds? in any case this seems like an end to pandemic-times Al Mourjan access...
Qatar Airways Silver Lounge -South (DOH) Hamad International Airport Main Terminal
Access
  • Sapphire Tier
  • For Qatar Airways Gold & Silver Privilege Club members ; and their eligible guests and oneworld Sapphire equivalent tier and their eligible guests. For more details please visit any Qatar Airways Sales Office or approach any of our Qatar Airways lounge reception during your transit in Hamad International Airport.
Airlines
  • Qatar Airways
  • Access for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline.
Loungeabout likes this.

Last edited by HOLYMOLEAIR; Jan 16, 2022 at 3:57 am Reason: format
Old Jan 16, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Can confirm status only pax were turned away at the entrance of Al Mourjan and directed to the Silver Lounge next to gate B1.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I am wondering the recent experience for Emerald ( QR Platinum ) members traveling in Y.
Would it be the Silver Lounge or the Al Mourjan? The answer is obviously Silver for Sapphire but not sure about Emerald.

My next QR flight is at March so wouldn't be able to share my personal experience by then.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: HHonorsGold, MarriottPlat, BAEC Gold, FlyingBlue Silver
We travelled on P-class tickets (no lounge access) with OW Sapphire status. At AM our boarding cards were scanned and welcomed to the lounge until we announced that we’re bringing a guest with us. With the guest we were redirected to the Silver Lounge, without we could enter AM.
We went to the Silver Lounge and it was extremely busy around midnight with only seating in the restaurant area available. Service was ok and choice of food and drinks are much more limited. Most of the couches in the lounge were used by people sleeping stretched out across 3 seats.
I wasn’t impressed at all, I’m afraid.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 12:09 am

I just traveled thru Doha 3 days ago. Emerald flew economy, was able to access AM lounge
Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Arrived around Wednesday midnight. OWS travelling in economy. Tried Al Mourjan but was directed to new silver lounge. Plenty of room and got a shower having only to wait 5 mins for it to be cleaned. There were 3 or 4 waiting to use the 2 showers when I finished. Can't comment on food or drink as I only had a bottle of water! Biggest problem Wednesday night and it appeared to be terminal wide, was the WiFi was not working for around 2hrs. Seems pretty poor that one of the world's main hubs doesn't have some backup system.
Loungeabout likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: UAMP, DLSM, EYEG, QRPC
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I am wondering the recent experience for Emerald ( QR Platinum ) members traveling in Y.
Would it be the Silver Lounge or the Al Mourjan? The answer is obviously Silver for Sapphire but not sure about Emerald.

My next QR flight is at March so wouldn't be able to share my personal experience by then.
I have the same situation, please share the update if you already fly there. TIA
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by tiamsanit
I have the same situation, please share the update if you already fly there. TIA
OWE travelling in Economy or Business Lite are being permitted into Al Mourjan, for now. There have been reports of some noticing a new “Gold lounge” being constructed specifically for OWE flying on Economy or Business Lite, but until that happens, it’s Al Mourjan.
tiamsanit likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.