Silver Lounge in HIA

Old Mar 4, 22, 3:42 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Thailand, Phuket
Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
Posts: 438
Biggest beef which I have with the new silver lounge is the lack of toilets, only 3 toilets and no urinals.
I used the toilets outside the lounge as their was a long que for toilets and i only needed a fast pee :-)
Also the lounge is already getting to small.
merijn is offline  
Old Mar 6, 22, 5:42 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 150
I asked QR customer services on Twitter the question of what lounge I can access at DOH as a BA OWE travelling in Y soon and their answer was the Silver Lounge.

I've only got a short-ish (2.5hr) layover so I'm not too bothered, but most important thing for me is to be able to get a quick shower. Are there showers in the Silver lounge, or am I better off buying A-M access? (I've had to join a long line for showers in A-M lounge before, during a morning rush in 2019... this layover will be late evening if that makes a difference)
jk156 is offline  
Old Mar 6, 22, 6:45 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 785
Originally Posted by jk156 View Post
I asked QR customer services on Twitter the question of what lounge I can access at DOH as a BA OWE travelling in Y soon and their answer was the Silver Lounge.

I've only got a short-ish (2.5hr) layover so I'm not too bothered, but most important thing for me is to be able to get a quick shower. Are there showers in the Silver lounge, or am I better off buying A-M access? (I've had to join a long line for showers in A-M lounge before, during a morning rush in 2019... this layover will be late evening if that makes a difference)
They’re wrong. For now, you get Al Mourjan until further notice. Don’t waste your money buying access.
jk156 likes this.
AirbusA350 is offline  
Old Mar 10, 22, 2:16 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BRS
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 3,479
One World Flyer on YouTube has posted a video featuring the lounge. It has video of some of the food options and shower rooms.

Schwann is online now  
Old Apr 12, 22, 1:01 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 492
Any updates on if OWE can still go to AM if they're in Eco or Business upgrade (P)?
NickRivas is offline  
Old Apr 12, 22, 1:10 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BRS
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 3,479
Originally Posted by NickRivas View Post
Any updates on if OWE can still go to AM if they're in Eco or Business upgrade (P)?
The Gold lounge is not yet open (unless anything has changed) so OWE are still given access to AM.
Schwann is online now  
Old Apr 12, 22, 1:23 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 492
Originally Posted by Schwann View Post
The Gold lounge is not yet open (unless anything has changed) so OWE are still given access to AM.
Do you happen to know if the +1 guest OWE benefit applies?
NickRivas is offline  
Old Apr 12, 22, 1:57 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BRS
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 3,479
Originally Posted by NickRivas View Post
Do you happen to know if the +1 guest OWE benefit applies?
I took my OH into AM with no issues. She was on the same P booking with no status.
Schwann is online now  
Old Apr 17, 22, 4:25 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Thailand, Phuket
Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
Posts: 438
Originally Posted by AirbusA350 View Post
They’re wrong. For now, you get Al Mourjan until further notice. Don’t waste your money buying access.
I'm QR OWE flying in economy and was denied entry in the AM lounge last week and directed to the Silver lounge.

Originally Posted by Schwann View Post
The Gold lounge is not yet open (unless anything has changed) so OWE are still given access to AM.
I asked about the Gold lounge last week and looks like that nobody has a clue of when it's opening. Got replies from next month to nobody knows.
merijn is offline  
Old Apr 17, 22, 4:35 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 492
Originally Posted by merijn View Post
I'm QR OWE flying in economy and was denied entry in the AM lounge last week and directed to the Silver lounge.
I can agree with the other poster that they were wrong here in denying you.

I’m OWE and had an economy QR ticket that was upgraded to Business (P) which by itself gives no lounge access. Was still able to get in because of OWE and even got a guest in with no status. This happened 2 days ago and was around peak time at 12 am

The person at the desk at Al Mourjan even said, which I found annoying, “Upgraded fares don’t get lounge access but because of your OW Emerald status you can get in and your guest too”
AirbusA350 likes this.
NickRivas is offline  
Old Apr 17, 22, 5:02 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Thailand, Phuket
Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
Posts: 438
Originally Posted by NickRivas View Post
I can agree with the other poster that they were wrong here in denying you.

I’m OWE and had an economy QR ticket that was upgraded to Business (P) which by itself gives no lounge access. Was still able to get in because of OWE and even got a guest in with no status. This happened 2 days ago and was around peak time at 12 am

The person at the desk at Al Mourjan even said, which I found annoying, “Upgraded fares don’t get lounge access but because of your OW Emerald status you can get in and your guest too”
That's what I thought also and previously i was granted access.
Maybe it was because of the timing (00:00) and the lounge was full, but at least they could tell me that instead of just refusing entry.
merijn is offline  
Old Apr 19, 22, 4:33 am
  #27  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
Posts: 241
Beside the basic food, somebody knows what is the wine offering in the Silver lounge. Do they have bubbles?
maisondubonheur is offline  
Old Apr 19, 22, 7:16 am
  #28  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Posts: 1,262
Originally Posted by maisondubonheur View Post
Beside the basic food, somebody knows what is the wine offering in the Silver lounge. Do they have bubbles?
No bubbles when I visited in Feb. Just one red and one white (chardonnay IIRC) and 2 choices of beer?
kq747 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread