Silver Lounge in HIA

Old Mar 4, 22, 3:42 pm

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
Biggest beef which I have with the new silver lounge is the lack of toilets, only 3 toilets and no urinals.
I used the toilets outside the lounge as their was a long que for toilets and i only needed a fast pee :-)
Also the lounge is already getting to small.
Old Mar 6, 22, 5:42 am

I asked QR customer services on Twitter the question of what lounge I can access at DOH as a BA OWE travelling in Y soon and their answer was the Silver Lounge.

I've only got a short-ish (2.5hr) layover so I'm not too bothered, but most important thing for me is to be able to get a quick shower. Are there showers in the Silver lounge, or am I better off buying A-M access? (I've had to join a long line for showers in A-M lounge before, during a morning rush in 2019... this layover will be late evening if that makes a difference)
Old Mar 6, 22, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by jk156 View Post
I asked QR customer services on Twitter the question of what lounge I can access at DOH as a BA OWE travelling in Y soon and their answer was the Silver Lounge.

I've only got a short-ish (2.5hr) layover so I'm not too bothered, but most important thing for me is to be able to get a quick shower. Are there showers in the Silver lounge, or am I better off buying A-M access? (I've had to join a long line for showers in A-M lounge before, during a morning rush in 2019... this layover will be late evening if that makes a difference)
They’re wrong. For now, you get Al Mourjan until further notice. Don’t waste your money buying access.
jk156 likes this.
Old Mar 10, 22, 2:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
One World Flyer on YouTube has posted a video featuring the lounge. It has video of some of the food options and shower rooms.

Old Apr 12, 22, 1:01 pm

Any updates on if OWE can still go to AM if they're in Eco or Business upgrade (P)?
Old Apr 12, 22, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by NickRivas View Post
Any updates on if OWE can still go to AM if they're in Eco or Business upgrade (P)?
The Gold lounge is not yet open (unless anything has changed) so OWE are still given access to AM.
Old Apr 12, 22, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Schwann View Post
The Gold lounge is not yet open (unless anything has changed) so OWE are still given access to AM.
Do you happen to know if the +1 guest OWE benefit applies?
Old Apr 12, 22, 1:57 pm

Do you happen to know if the +1 guest OWE benefit applies?
I took my OH into AM with no issues. She was on the same P booking with no status.
Old Apr 17, 22, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by AirbusA350 View Post
They’re wrong. For now, you get Al Mourjan until further notice. Don’t waste your money buying access.
I'm QR OWE flying in economy and was denied entry in the AM lounge last week and directed to the Silver lounge.

Originally Posted by Schwann View Post
I asked about the Gold lounge last week and looks like that nobody has a clue of when it's opening. Got replies from next month to nobody knows.
Old Apr 17, 22, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by merijn View Post
I'm QR OWE flying in economy and was denied entry in the AM lounge last week and directed to the Silver lounge.
I can agree with the other poster that they were wrong here in denying you.

I’m OWE and had an economy QR ticket that was upgraded to Business (P) which by itself gives no lounge access. Was still able to get in because of OWE and even got a guest in with no status. This happened 2 days ago and was around peak time at 12 am

The person at the desk at Al Mourjan even said, which I found annoying, “Upgraded fares don’t get lounge access but because of your OW Emerald status you can get in and your guest too”
AirbusA350 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 22, 5:02 pm

I can agree with the other poster that they were wrong here in denying you.

I’m OWE and had an economy QR ticket that was upgraded to Business (P) which by itself gives no lounge access. Was still able to get in because of OWE and even got a guest in with no status. This happened 2 days ago and was around peak time at 12 am

The person at the desk at Al Mourjan even said, which I found annoying, “Upgraded fares don’t get lounge access but because of your OW Emerald status you can get in and your guest too”
That's what I thought also and previously i was granted access.
Maybe it was because of the timing (00:00) and the lounge was full, but at least they could tell me that instead of just refusing entry.
Old Apr 19, 22, 4:33 am

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
Beside the basic food, somebody knows what is the wine offering in the Silver lounge. Do they have bubbles?
Old Apr 19, 22, 7:16 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by maisondubonheur View Post
Beside the basic food, somebody knows what is the wine offering in the Silver lounge. Do they have bubbles?
No bubbles when I visited in Feb. Just one red and one white (chardonnay IIRC) and 2 choices of beer?

Search this Thread