Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR 1372 - CPT to DOH

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2021, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

QR 1372 - CPT to DOH

So I booked an award flight for Sep 2022. Everything appears to be confirmed. But the specific flight, QR 1372, no longer shows up on AA or even on the QR website.

Any ideas what to do here? Was the scheduled flight cancelled? Should I cancel and rebook something else? Never seen this before.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
What specific date?
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by roder
What specific date?
Sep 28
Old Nov 3, 2021, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Looks like QR has two flights from CPT-DOH.

QR1370 DEP 715pm operates daily, and appears normal.

QR1372 dep 1255pm, operates Su, W, an F. however it appears to be zero-ed out (so not selling any seats). This is the case in both directions, for all frequencies that I can see. So, flight is not cancelled yet, but likely will be. If that happens, you should be reaccommodated on QR1370, but that could obv mess up any connections you have.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 2:31 pm
DUT

Programs: MVPG
Originally Posted by roder
Looks like QR has two flights from CPT-DOH.

QR1370 DEP 715pm operates daily, and appears normal.

QR1372 dep 1255pm, operates Su, W, an F. however it appears to be zero-ed out (so not selling any seats). This is the case in both directions, for all frequencies that I can see. So, flight is not cancelled yet, but likely will be. If that happens, you should be reaccommodated on QR1370, but that could obv mess up any connections you have.

This appears to be same for me. I’m booked on #1372 on 14 January 2022 using Alaska Airlines Mileage Business award connection thru Doha to Seattle.

Assuming this does actually cancel based on insight above, “might they” (yes, speculation I know) re-accommodate me on 1370?

Otherwise, mileage availability is minimal and not sure what happens next due to this being an Alaska award reservation flying Qatar 😣

Oh fun times continue…

Thanks, DUT
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DUT
This appears to be same for me. I’m booked on #1372 on 14 January 2022 using Alaska Airlines Mileage Business award connection thru Doha to Seattle.

Assuming this does actually cancel based on insight above, “might they” (yes, speculation I know) re-accommodate me on 1370?

Otherwise, mileage availability is minimal and not sure what happens next due to this being an Alaska award reservation flying Qatar 😣

Oh fun times continue…

Thanks, DUT
Was thinking the same as you. Limited availability, it's a long flight so I can't lose my J. May just bite the bullet and book out of JNB instead, which has more availability and the QSuites.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
QR has chopped and changed the number of flights & timings on the CPT route in anticipation of rising/falling demand. When I've been booked on the QR1372 and it has been cancelled they have automatically moved me to the QR1370

My personal preference is for the evening CPT/Doha flight, leaving around 19:00, whether it be numbered 1370/72, as that is the longer flight, and allows some time for sleep. As the evening flight from JNB is shorter, 1.5 hours, I do find that flight more tiring
Sandeep1 and DUT like this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by escape2sun
QR has chopped and changed the number of flights & timings on the CPT route in anticipation of rising/falling demand. When I've been booked on the QR1372 and it has been cancelled they have automatically moved me to the QR1370

My personal preference is for the evening CPT/Doha flight, leaving around 19:00, whether it be numbered 1370/72, as that is the longer flight, and allows some time for sleep. As the evening flight from JNB is shorter, 1.5 hours, I do find that flight more tiring
Yeah that was what I was initially thinking but looking at seat maps, CPT-DOH J seats are 2 seaters meaning you’ll have a neighbor.

JNB-DOH look to be the Q suites which will be a bit easier for me to knock out.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 9:59 am
DUT

Originally Posted by Sandeep1
Yeah that was what I was initially thinking but looking at seat maps, CPT-DOH J seats are 2 seaters meaning you’ll have a neighbor.

JNB-DOH look to be the Q suites which will be a bit easier for me to knock out.

If I’m reading expert flyer correctly, looks like the redeye #1370 on 15 January is a 777-300 with Q seats, but the window seats are nearly full which is what I want 😩

G luck Sandeep1 on the Q seats 🤞🤞

1A is available, maybe they release it to me…wish they’d get on with it and change flights!

Thanks all, DUT
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 6:50 pm
DUT

Originally Posted by DUT
If I’m reading expert flyer correctly, looks like the redeye #1370 on 15 January is a 777-300 with Q seats, but the window seats are nearly full which is what I want 😩

G luck Sandeep1 on the Q seats 🤞🤞

1A is available, maybe they release it to me…wish they’d get on with it and change flights!

Thanks all, DUT

Looks like they reinstated the daytime flight on 14 January 2022 CPT-DOH. It’s back on their website showing both daytime 1372 and redeye 1370 on this date.

Hopefully it sticks around!

DUT
Sandeep1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.