Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar September 24 LAX DOH

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2021, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marco Polo Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Qatar September 24 LAX DOH

Overall Qatar has always been one of my favourite airlines, together with Finnair and Cathay Pacific, especially in business class. The Airport in Doha is fantastic with the best first and business class lounges in the world except maybe Business lounge is getting a little too crowded even during Covid-19. However, on flight 740 LAX - DOH in economy they did not excel as usual. About 25% of passengers wore no face masks after entering the aircraft or had them hanging from the ear or around the neck. Another 5-10 % had the mask below the nose! Only one announcement on face mask usage on a 16 hour flight, and zero reinforcement by staff, made it uncomfortable for masked travelers who had to rush through the meal or just decline the food service all together. Restrooms were clean, which was great and appreciated. Finnair has the best long distance face mask policy I have experienced they reinforce it by announcements that only after the cabin crew is done serving you you may take off the mask. Also they do wake you up if you loose or dislodge your mask during sleep. Qatar seems to have an issue with refunds, supplemental charges etc so please use a high end credit card so they can resolve any issues directly with the airline and you don’t need to get involved.
asnovici likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 11:04 am

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I have zero problems with refund, I had 4 already, last one refunded in less than 7 days.

Good to know about Finnair mask policy, a good reason to don't fly with them.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 9:01 am

Another thank you for the heads up on Finnair. One to remove from my search options.
ffman999 and LoungeLizardHugo like this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by lars747
However, on flight 740 LAX - DOH in economy they did not excel as usual. About 25% of passengers wore no face masks after entering the aircraft or had them hanging from the ear or around the neck. Another 5-10 % had the mask below the nose! Only one announcement on face mask usage on a 16 hour flight, and zero reinforcement by staff, made it uncomfortable for masked travelers who had to rush through the meal or just decline the food service all together.
@lars747, my suggestion would be to use the QR web form to make a complaint.
Pickash likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marco Polo Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Anabolism, Did file a complaint with the airline too, no reply yet but I understand they have more importnant matters to deal with like the fleet issue. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.