Qatar Issuing Tourist Visas from July 12

Old Jul 17, 2021, 11:05 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, United Premier Silver; Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by tfizzle
I'm sorry but I'm finding this all confusing.
Are you saying that the CDC small card is NOT an acceptable document to prove vaccination. I"m flying SEA-DOH-ATH in 10 days and want to have all my ducks in order. We don't have a state vaccination portal to get records.

Also I was confused by "CA QR code" because QR is also the airline.

1. Will the CDC card suffice for transit through DOH and entry to ATH?
2. Do I also need a negative PCR test if already vaccinated?
3. I have filled out the PLF from the the Greece government and assume I will get a email 24 hours before.
4. Anything else that is required?

Obviously people are flying and getting through, but the information seems unclear.
Hi tfizzle,

My responses are from the perspective of the thread, Qatar Issuing Tourist Visas, so if you are not looking to do this then it may not be applicable to you.

From my experience the CDC small card has not been an acceptable document to prove vaccination to acquire entry into Qatar.

“CA QR code” = California Quick Response code

1. It did for me, but please refer to US Gov, Greek Gov, Qatar Gov and Qatar Airway latest information as things may have changed
2. I did not, but please refer to US Gov, Greek Gov, Qatar Gov and Qatar Airway latest information as things may have changed
3. I believe the Greek Gov PLF says confirmation arrives 00:01 EEST the day of arrival so not prior to departure, but please refer to Greek Gov and Qatar Airway latest information as things may have changed
4. I didn’t, but please refer to US Gov, Greek Gov, Qatar Gov and Qatar Airway latest information as things may have changed

Please note, as I originally posted, this is anecdotal for entry into Qatar rather than transit through Qatar and entry into Greece.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
This thread/forum is indeed getting confusing.
Most QR pax do not enter Qatar and only transit, but I am at a loss finding information about transit.
That is both here and on QR website.

Could someone point me to the QR page for transit?

Could we start a different thread for transit, stating clearly what are QR requirements 1) for transit and 2) that a pax needs to research what are the quickly-changing entry requirements for entry in destination countries, rather than asking here. I suggest that posts asking information on entry to final destination should be removed from here.

BTW: any info on destination requirements that we give here are very quickly outdated and potentially misleading.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 9:46 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
The State of Qatar and Qatar Airways don't require passengers to have any proof of vaccination, or any kind of Covid-19 test for airside transit within HIA.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 10:57 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, United Premier Silver; Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
3rd time was not a charm with the additional CVS documents attached “DEAR APPLICANT WE ARE UNABLE TO VERIFY YOUR VACCINATION CARDS ISSUED. THE ONE WITH QR CODES CONTAIN NO DATA. KINDLY VISIT A NOTARY FROM WHERE THE VACCINATION CARD WAS ISSUED TO PUT A STAMP AND AUTHENTICATE YOUR DOCUMENT THEN RESUBMIT FOR VERIFICATION. THANK YOU”. 14 hrs at DOH it is!

Had almost gotten my hopes up as additional information on visa status was requested, which seemed strange in of itself as visa on arrival is the process.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 12:11 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by realgaga
The State of Qatar and Qatar Airways don't require passengers to have any proof of vaccination, or any kind of Covid-19 test for airside transit within HIA.
​​​​​​
Yah but until recently they did though for certain countries for airside transit.

A week before travel, I was so fortunate enough to check FT and find out that now certain countries require 48h PCR test results prior to departure. I would have been denied boarding.

Speaking of these countries, I don't see it anymore on QR website. Is Philippines still required to have 48h PCR for airside?
Old Jul 19, 2021, 12:38 am

Can confirm. I was in the Maldives when the new MOPH-regulations were updated. A few days ago I was traveling from MLE via DOH to MUC. As Germany requires no test pre-departure for fully vaccinated passengers I did not do a PCR test at MLE and was allowed boarding by showing the vaccination confirmation.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 3:29 am

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Qatar Stopover is back.
No ! Wait !
Looked like it was but it bugged out.
Wait....
Yes! ...just not with multi-city, though usual multi-city bookings no longer charge 2 fares if in DOH for >24hrs.

Last edited by LukeO9; Jul 19, 2021 at 7:22 am
Old Jul 22, 2021, 5:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Having trouble clarifying that it is okay for a double vaccinated UK passport holder to enter Qatar for leisure. Can anyone clarify?
Seems a little ambiguous for red arrivals which is the UK.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Having trouble clarifying that it is okay for a double vaccinated UK passport holder to enter Qatar for leisure. Can anyone clarify?
Seems a little ambiguous for red arrivals which is the UK.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
You are allowed to enter the State of Qatar as long has you have the Ehteraz app with a local SIM card, and have obtained a travel permit.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 7:17 am

You are allowed to enter the State of Qatar as long has you have the Ehteraz app with a local SIM card, and have obtained a travel permit.
I am a bit confused here about the requirement of a local SIM card in order to download the Ehteraz app. A passenger is required to upload the documents (passport, PCR test results, Vaccination certificate) 12 hours before departure. So how am i supposed to upload the documents before departure when i can't even download the app without being in Qatar and getting the local SIM? I would appreciate it if someone can share their recent experience.

I have a trip planned in January 2022 and i have a 22 hour layover in Doha. It was by design as i wanted to spend the night in Doha and start our journey back to the US next day fresh rather than having a sleepless connection. My family and i are fully vaccinated but if Qatar does not recognize the CDC card that we have, what are the options? I am starting to worry about the trip now.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

It's not clear if this represents first-hand knowledge, or if it's simply a transfer of information from the (rather awkward) MOH document available online. We are all boxing in the dark, so it's maybe best to make it clear if advice is definitive or speculative,

The application for an entry permit is certainly available online, after registering on the Ehteraz website (https://ehteraz.gov.qa/PER/secured).

Submitting an application requires the upload of documents: a visa number is requested, but I left he space blank as I'm hoping the visa-free/on arrival protocol continues for certain nationalities.

It's not entirely clear if this permit is an absolute requirement, or simply something that facilitates entry. I reckon the latter (much is made about the permit allowing you to you use arrival fast-track), but check-in agents might have a different idea

As for he local SIM card requirement, I'll treat it as a bridge to cross when I arrive in Qatar. Clearly nothing can be done about it in (my case) Lisbon.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK

It's not entirely clear if this permit is an absolute requirement, or simply something that facilitates entry. I reckon the latter (much is made about the permit allowing you to you use arrival fast-track), but check-in agents might have a different idea

It is an entry requirement for non residents nor Qatari Nationals.
On Timatic:
Old Jul 23, 2021, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by takhliq1
I am a bit confused here about the requirement of a local SIM card in order to download the Ehteraz app. A passenger is required to upload the documents (passport, PCR test results, Vaccination certificate) 12 hours before departure. So how am i supposed to upload the documents before departure when i can't even download the app without being in Qatar and getting the local SIM? I would appreciate it if someone can share their recent experience.

I have a trip planned in January 2022 and i have a 22 hour layover in Doha. It was by design as i wanted to spend the night in Doha and start our journey back to the US next day fresh rather than having a sleepless connection. My family and i are fully vaccinated but if Qatar does not recognize the CDC card that we have, what are the options? I am starting to worry about the trip now.
Don't fret about the SIM. Simply buy one at the airport if it proves to be necessary. I've managed to download the app to my my non-Qatari SIM, but my techno-knowledge falls well short of being able to speculate if the app can function properly only with the native SIM. Your trip is 6 months' away: the current situation may be a distant memory by then.

If they don't recognise your version of a vaccination certificate AND the current rules don't shift significantly, and many times, before January then the clearest best option for comfort between flights is to book into the airside hotel. Maybe make a flexible booking now, and cancel it if you're able to enter the country.

Failing that, a cheaper option is the sleeping pods airside. Cheapest of all, if your fare allows access, is an extended period of hanging out in the lounge with its eating, snoozing and showering facilities.

But note even if your current CDC certification is not recognised, no US-friendly state is likely to continue to wilfully exclude US visitors on a technicality
Old Jul 23, 2021, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is an entry requirement for non residents nor Qatari Nationals.
On Timatic:

Absolutely

So while fully-documented non-residents have been admitted without pre-registration, it's clearly strongly advisable not to chance it - indeed it's likely you'd be denied boarding if you had a scheduled break of journey in Qatar.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by takhliq1

The process description is confusing and I wish they did not name the pre-approval website and the app with the same name.

Completing the form on the Ehteraz pre-approval website as linked by IAN-UK is required for visitors (non-Qatari citizens and non-residents of Qatar). You don't need a Qatari sim to use it. You upload the documents to it ahead of your flight and get a pre-approval. This pre-approval is required to check-in on QR if you will enter Qatar as a visitor.

Once you reach Qatar, you will be required to activate the Ehteraz App (you can download it ahead of time, otherwise wifi is available at the airport) and you will be required to have a Qatari sim card to do so which you can purchase at the airport. There are people there that guide you through the process. The Ehteraz App is for contact tracing and acts as a 'health passport' to enter businesses and buildings.

I would expect the process to change between now and January 2022, so make sure to check again closer to your dates.
purple1addict likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.