Qatar Issuing Tourist Visas from July 12

Old Jul 14, 2021, 3:50 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Enskie
Thanks! I will fly from MLE to MUC via DOH on Saturday and will report. At the moment there are absolutely no requirements for transit pax in TIMATIC or on Qatarairways.com
Great, please let us know how it goes!
Old Jul 14, 2021, 7:23 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
The ministry of health in Qatar seems pretty clear on both transit passenger and the accreditation of labs.

"All passengers traveling through the State of Qatar (Transit) must present a (PCR) test certificate before travelling, valid for 72 hours from arrival, and if another PCR test is needed for their next destination, the test can be conducted at Hamad International Airport for a fixed charge of Qrs. 300 per test. "

"Conduct a PCR test proving that they are free of Covid-19 up to 72 hours before reaching Qatar, from a medical center accredited by the local Ministry of Health in the country of departure."

The lab is accredited in the local country of departure - not Qatar

https://covid19.moph.gov.qa/EN/trave...s/default.aspx
Old Jul 14, 2021, 7:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
This is super confusing I will admit - but since I need a neg test for arrival in US doesnt make much of a difference. Will ask about it anyways tomorrow before my hk-doh-dfw.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by aj411
The ministry of health in Qatar seems pretty clear on both transit passenger and the accreditation of labs.

"All passengers traveling through the State of Qatar (Transit) must present a (PCR) test certificate before travelling, valid for 72 hours from arrival, and if another PCR test is needed for their next destination, the test can be conducted at Hamad International Airport for a fixed charge of Qrs. 300 per test. "

"Conduct a PCR test proving that they are free of Covid-19 up to 72 hours before reaching Qatar, from a medical center accredited by the local Ministry of Health in the country of departure."

The lab is accredited in the local country of departure - not Qatar

https://covid19.moph.gov.qa/EN/trave...s/default.aspx
​​​​​​
that's all great but there is no list of accredited places in the USA!
Old Jul 14, 2021, 9:03 am

Also have to query - is Qatar accepting the CDC cards as proof of vaccination? I know Egypt for example requires a QR code...

If not, you'd move straight into unvaccinated and have to quarantine.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 9:19 am

I'm out. Found better flights than the ones we had with QR. I'm not jumping through these ridiculous hoops when fully vaccinated.

Now booked on TK through IST.
mcgahat likes this.

Last edited by jeffers; Jul 14, 2021 at 9:50 am
Old Jul 14, 2021, 9:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

TIMATIC was again updated, but still nothing about transits, only enter. Called the MLE-airport office and they said no PCR for transit. Airport Doha still claims that no PCR tests for transits are available - on the MOPH website is stated that PCR tests for transit would be available 😂
Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Enskie
TIMATIC was again updated, but still nothing about transits, only enter. Called the MLE-airport office and they said no PCR for transit. Airport Doha still claims that no PCR tests for transits are available - on the MOPH website is stated that PCR tests for transit would be available 😂
What does TIMATIC say about enter for people from LHR? Would like to stopover, if possible, in September.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:46 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jeffers
​​​​​​
that's all great but there is no list of accredited places in the USA!
they couldn't even begin to list all the labs in the US that are accredited. The easiest way to check if a US lab is accredited in the US is by checking if the lab has something like a CLIA number. Most labs testing in the US are accredited with a few exceptions.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 11:57 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by aj411
they couldn't even begin to list all the labs in the US that are accredited. The easiest way to check if a US lab is accredited in the US is by checking if the lab has something like a CLIA number. Most labs testing in the US are accredited with a few exceptions.
I just checked my last 2 US based test certificates and they both had the CLIA as part of the cover page.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
the MOPH has revised their original statement from this:

All passengers traveling through the State of Qatar (Transit) must present a (PCR) test certificate before travelling, valid for 72 hours from arrival, and if another PCR test is needed for their next destination, the test can be conducted at Hamad International Airport for a fixed charge of Qrs. 300 per test

to this:

A PCR test must be conducted at an approved medical center by the local Ministry of Health in the country of departure before travelling to the State of Qatar.

of course QR customer chat on twitter is abysmal so cant figure this out. thoughts? if youre transiting are you also traveling? i dont understand why 18 months into the pandemic governments are releasing cryptic messages like these. its unacceptable really
aj411 likes this.

Last edited by rvlcr; Jul 14, 2021 at 3:34 pm
Old Jul 14, 2021, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rvlcr
the MOPH has revised their original statement from this:

All passengers traveling through the State of Qatar (Transit) must present a (PCR) test certificate before travelling, valid for 72 hours from arrival, and if another PCR test is needed for their next destination, the test can be conducted at Hamad International Airport for a fixed charge of Qrs. 300 per test

to this:

A PCR test must be conducted at an approved medical center by the local Ministry of Health in the country of departure before travelling to the State of Qatar.

of course QR customer chat on twitter is abysmal so cant figure this out. thoughts? if youre transiting are you also traveling? i dont understand why 18 months into the pandemic governments are releasing cryptic messages like these. its unacceptable really
I think what they're trying to say is that the test is only for people wishing to enter Qatar. But it is still not massively clear.

Paging goingplacestogether!
Old Jul 14, 2021, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Schwann
I think what they're trying to say is that the test is only for people wishing to enter Qatar. But it is still not massively clear.

Paging goingplacestogether!
I would like to know 1) If that's true, and 2) Whether the test is all that's requried for "Red" countries (like UK) so that I can decide whether or not I just need to transit to DXB or if I can stopover for a day or 2 with a PCR test from London.
Schwann likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by aviators99
I would like to know 1) If that's true, and 2) Whether the test is all that's requried for "Red" countries (like UK) so that I can decide whether or not I just need to transit to DXB or if I can stopover for a day or 2 with a PCR test from London.
Forget about the stopover if you are arriving from an amber or red list country as you wouldn't be admitted to the State of Qatar ( arriving from a red list country ) or would need to go under hotel-quarantine for 7 days ( arriving from a yellow/amber list country ) even if you are fully vaccinated.

The State of Qatar is only open to people arriving from green list countries without any quarantine.

I don't know when you're traveling but if it's in the near future, avoid >24 hour connections in DOH.
Schwann likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Forget about the stopover if you are arriving from an amber or red list country as you wouldn't be admitted to the State of Qatar ( arriving from a red list country ) or would need to go under hotel-quarantine for 7 days ( arriving from a yellow/amber list country ) even if you are fully vaccinated.

The State of Qatar is only open to people arriving from green list countries without any quarantine.

I don't know when you're traveling but if it's in the near future, avoid >24 hour connections in DOH.
Thanks. This is for early September, but I'm trying to book stuff now. I'll just transit. But I still want to make sure even that will work (as best I can, considering the fluidity).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.