Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Issuing Tourist Visas from July 12

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2022, 10:45 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Some countries / institutions are slower to adopt changes to Covid measures.
Old May 5, 2022, 4:11 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by florin
Some countries / institutions are slower to adopt changes to Covid measures.
Another view to take is that this isn't an urgent priority. For Thailand and some neighbours getting borders open is about a sizeable chunk of the GDP. For Qatar this isn't that huge of a deal, it's open enough that business is absolutely doable, and tourism isn't a huge deal for them.

-A
florin likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by DoctorKo
Can I please have the name of your driver/guide? And how much did you pay him? Also, coming from the US, do we need a negative PCR test to zip into the city? TIA!!!
Sure — we booked through an outfit called Falcon Tours. Google “Falcon Tours Qatar” and it should be the first result. I sent them an inquiry via the form on their website and then they reached out via WhatsApp to fine tune the details. Cost for our 4 hour ‘tour’ was 800 QR (~$223) and our driver was Javid. All comms with Javid was via WhatsApp as well.

Negative PCR test is required and must be done within 3 days of departure.
Old May 5, 2022, 10:30 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ph-ndr
Another view to take is that this isn't an urgent priority. For Thailand and some neighbours getting borders open is about a sizeable chunk of the GDP. For Qatar this isn't that huge of a deal, it's open enough that business is absolutely doable, and tourism isn't a huge deal for them.
Agreed! It is understandable.
It's just a bit odd that there are these Qatar Holidays campaigns which run somewhat contrary to that. Meh :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.