Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Issuing Tourist Visas from July 12

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2021, 1:32 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Would someone know whether there would be any problems if I were to fly to DOH with TK, have an 8hr layover, then fly onwards from DOH with QR on a separate ticket? I would not want to enter Qatar as it feels like its more hassle than its worth
Old Aug 23, 2021, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by brokenwindow
Would someone know whether there would be any problems if I were to fly to DOH with TK, have an 8hr layover, then fly onwards from DOH with QR on a separate ticket? I would not want to enter Qatar as it feels like its more hassle than its worth
If you're flying on 2 separate airlines with separate tickets then you would need to collect your baggage in the arrivals hall, which likely involves you going through Passport Control. If you're not flying from a Red List country and fully vaxxed it appears that entering Qatar during the layover isn't a big problem (I plan to do this myself). Double check with your airlines though to see whether there's some sort of agreement between the two that allows your luggage to be checked all the way thru to ur final destination, but I doubt it since you're in 2 separate tickets.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by brokenwindow
If you've got bags checked in, you'll have to enter Qatar to collect them and check-in again for the QR flight.

If you are bag-free you'll be OK except for TK a Istanbul seeing you as a one-way passenger to Doha, and likely insisting you satisfy Qatar requirements for entry.
brokenwindow likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 5:09 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
If I fly DOH-MUC and return MUC-DOH the same day, do they consider it a stopover, or entrance into MUC? I can enter Germany without issues and Qatar with a test as I am fully vaccinated. I’m just confused what papers they will want filled out, and when.

Should I just cover my bases and do entrance forms for both MUC and DOH at check-in?
Old Aug 24, 2021, 10:57 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
If I fly DOH-MUC and return MUC-DOH the same day, do they consider it a stopover, or entrance into MUC? I can enter Germany without issues and Qatar with a test as I am fully vaccinated. I’m just confused what papers they will want filled out, and when.

Should I just cover my bases and do entrance forms for both MUC and DOH at check-in?
You need to consider yourself being admissable to both MUC and DOH, even if the airport infrastructure and layout gives you the option to stay airside. A B2B journey is not a transit in the eyes of most airlines, and in post COVID times is considerably very much more difficult to get any leeway from check-in agents.

This thread from the BA board but concerning a QR journey is worth reviewing.

Denied boarding, tricky one
NWplatinum and DiamondMile like this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

I'm not sure you are giving the full picture. Your post suggests you are flying on a round-trip ticket DOH-MUC, but simply want to turn-round in MUC (probably without entering Germany).

But from your other posts about this trip (and there are many ), it seems you could be travelling on a US-Munich round-trip ticket, turning round a MUC to return immediately to Doha, without break of journey. Maybe this turns a cheap US-MUC fare into an expensive US-DOH ticket: but that's your business !

In both cases you'll make life much easier by entering Germany. A back-to-back turn-round isn't a transfer: it can sometimes work as a transfer, but these are difficult times. And QR is usually pretty straightforward - - if you are ticketed to X as a destination, you require documentation for X

Whether you are leaving the US or Doha ticketed for Germany you'll be expected to comply with whatever the German entry requirements are when you travel.

Whether you are leaving the US or Munich for Qatar, you'll be expected to comply with whatever the Qatar entry requirements are when you travel.

Munich has an airport Hilton, and there are (of course!) efficient Covid testing facilities available - in case timings require a test for entry to Doha.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I'm not sure you are giving the full picture. Your post suggests you are flying on a round-trip ticket DOH-MUC, but simply want to turn-round in MUC (probably without entering Germany).

But from your other posts about this trip (and there are many ), it seems you could be travelling on a US-Munich round-trip ticket, turning round a MUC to return immediately to Doha, without break of journey. Maybe this turns a cheap US-MUC fare into an expensive US-DOH ticket: but that's your business !

In both cases you'll make life much easier by entering Germany. A back-to-back turn-round isn't a transfer: it can sometimes work as a transfer, but these are difficult times. And QR is usually pretty straightforward - - if you are ticketed to X as a destination, you require documentation for X

Whether you are leaving the US or Doha ticketed for Germany you'll be expected to comply with whatever the German entry requirements are when you travel.

Whether you are leaving the US or Munich for Qatar, you'll be expected to comply with whatever the Qatar entry requirements are when you travel.

Munich has an airport Hilton, and there are (of course!) efficient Covid testing facilities available - in case timings require a test for entry to Doha.
Cheap fare, I appreciate the honesty. Given that it’s Covid I don’t know what documentation they’ll want. I shall prepare to enter both I suppose then.

thank you
Old Aug 24, 2021, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I'm not sure you are giving the full picture.
With snippets of this itinerary split across different threads, with suggestions of redemptions, cheap fares, multiple tickets, throwaway tickets, connections that aren't connections, undecided entry points, overlapping bookings and dropping sectors, it is very difficult for other posters not to become confused and more importantly to give clear advice.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by KingCanute
With snippets of this itinerary split across different threads, with suggestions of redemptions, cheap fares, multiple tickets, throwaway tickets, connections that aren't connections, undecided entry points, overlapping bookings and dropping sectors, it is very difficult for other posters not to become confused and more importantly to give clear advice.
Well then you shouldn’t be focusing on other threads.

Im not only taking a single flight. There’s about three to four scheduled trips and more that I’m thinking of booking for this year. I’m inquiring about the most recent itinerary here and I’ve said nothing inconsistent in this thread.

I’ll maintain: DOH-MUC with a same day return back to DOH in the evening.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 3:11 am

Well then you shouldn’t be focusing on other threads.

Im not only taking a single flight. There’s about three to four scheduled trips and more that I’m thinking of booking for this year. I’m inquiring about the most recent itinerary here and I’ve said nothing inconsistent in this thread.

I’ll maintain: DOH-MUC with a same day return back to DOH in the evening.
That post needed a smiley or two after it methinks.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 1:43 pm

I have an upcoming trip with a 15 hour layover in DOH and have a room booked at the Oryx airport hotel, but I'm considering trying to enter Qatar so I can go get dinner outside of the airport and kill some time. If I go into the city, will there be any issue getting back airside later that night?
Old Aug 27, 2021, 8:43 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Does anyone know if the local SIM card that you must get is available in eSIM format or is it available only in physical SIM format?
Old Aug 27, 2021, 10:26 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by akflyguy
I have an upcoming trip with a 15 hour layover in DOH and have a room booked at the Oryx airport hotel, but I'm considering trying to enter Qatar so I can go get dinner outside of the airport and kill some time. If I go into the city, will there be any issue getting back airside later that night?
No issues, but you'll have to get pre-approval via Ehteraz to enter Qatar and maybe a PCR test on arrival depending on where you're arriving from, which could take some time.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 9:41 pm

For Americans - I read in this thread that the Covid test results requires a QR code for validation? Is there an approved list of laborites that Qatar accepts and also that will issue a QR code?
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by senatorbrown
For Americans - I read in this thread that the Covid test results requires a QR code for validation? Is there an approved list of laborites that Qatar accepts and also that will issue a QR code?
This is the question I had too. Luckily my county does PCR tests and gives you QR codes for the results. But how do you get a QR code for your vaccination card? Mine is just a hand written CDC card by the hospital who gave me the shot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.