Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

New "The Business Class Suite" [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2021, 11:18 am
Original Poster

QR announced today it will launch its new Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner passenger aircraft, featuring its eagerly awaited new Business Class Suite, on a number of key routes to Europe and Asia, starting with its Doha to Milan service on Friday 25 June 2021. Initial routes will be Doha to Athens, Barcelona, Dammam, Karachi, Kuala Lumpur, Madrid and Milan.

The Business Class Suite, transforms into a 79” fully-flat bed, offering elevated levels of comfort on board. Passengers can relax during their flight, knowing their personal mobile device is stored safely in a dedicated phone holder, equipped with a wireless charging technology that is compatible with both iOS and Android devices.

Arranged in a herringbone pattern, in a 1-2-1 configuration, each suite has direct aisle access with a sliding door to ensure the ultimate in privacy and comfort. Passengers seated in adjoining center suites can slide the privacy panels away at the touch of a button to create their very own enclosed private space.

Full press release: Boeing787-9 | Qatar Airways

Probably requires it's own thread (credit goes to opus99 for posting first in fleet thread).
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:58 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)

Taken from QR's Flickr
mileageking likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Interesting, seems similar to the BA Club Suite configuration though I've never seen a configuration where the window seats are reverse herringbone and the aisles are herringbone.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
Interesting, seems similar to the BA Club Suite configuration though I've never seen a configuration where the window seats are reverse herringbone and the aisles are herringbone.
The new VS A350 Upper Class seats are similar.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 2:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

It would appear the new seat has allowed QR to bump up the cabin density.

With the 787-8, the seats are spaced every second window, which equates to a pitch distance of 48”.

From the 787-9 photo QR has supplied, the seats appear to be spaced (front to back) somewhere between 42” and 45” apart
Old Jun 25, 2021, 3:43 am

Is row 5 windowless window seat? It baffles me how Boeing still won't route pneumatic ducts somewhere else years on.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 7:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by jckl
It baffles me how Boeing still won't route pneumatic ducts somewhere else years on.
On the 787, I'm not sure the ducts are in that particular area, but it is the point where the forward fuselage joins the centre fuselage.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 7:34 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I'm surprised they elected to keep the centre overhead storage lockers.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 7:54 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by clubeurope
Got to have plenty of bin space to keep the option open to enhance away checked baggage allowance for R fares in the future.

Real talk though, on a full flight the lack of center overhead bins on A35K almost became a problem. Just like how having to wait for a lav is annoying when flying business, having to compete for bin space is not fun. I think the "feeling" of a larger cabin that you gain from taking away center overhead bins is not really worth it.

Perhaps a compromise to everyone would be if center overhead bins would actually come with individual air nozzles.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 10:57 am

Another fantastical press release from Qatar. Seats look fine, but far from industry benchmark for a 787 interior. Never liked facing the aisle, and not sure how this is a material step up from products from BA/VS/UA on 787 in anything other than finishings.

And this is a 2-cabin aircraft, unlike the multiple product options on a UA 787s. 48 Business class seats, Premium Plus intl. economy, Economy Plus, and Economy.

Color me underwhelmed for QR’s 787 offerings.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by tuolumne
And this is a 2-cabin aircraft, unlike the multiple product options on a UA 787s. 48 Business class seats, Premium Plus intl. economy, Economy Plus, and Economy.
Cue His Excellency: "Qatar Airways economy is already like other airlines' premium economy."
Old Jun 25, 2021, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by prathetkrungthep
Cue His Excellency: "Qatar Airways economy is already like other airlines' premium economy."
Exactly, the service on QR Economy is much better than the Premium Economy service on other carriers.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 9:18 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Hmmm...I wonder if one can still do the double bed and 'quad' setup with this configuration?
Old Jul 1, 2021, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by SamirD
Hmmm...I wonder if one can still do the double bed and 'quad' setup with this configuration?
No - see the images above.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by clubeurope
Originally Posted by prathetkrungthep
Real talk though, on a full flight the lack of center overhead bins on A35K almost became a problem. Just like how having to wait for a lav is annoying when flying business, having to compete for bin space is not fun. I think the "feeling" of a larger cabin that you gain from taking away center overhead bins is not really worth it.

Perhaps a compromise to everyone would be if center overhead bins would actually come with individual air nozzles.
Even years ago, I've had multiple Qsuite flights with bin contention. Definitely need the center bins and the individual air nozzles. It's crazy not to include them. The cabin may look spacious when boarding, but that quickly turns to frustration when one can't find close bin space, or mid-flight when sweltering.
mileageking, SamirD and clubeurope like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.