Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Location of Oryx Hotel and Al Mourjan Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2021, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Hello... we have an upcoming 15 hour overnight layover, so I've booked a room at the Oryx Hotel.

After we reclear security from our inbound flight, are the hotel and lounge closeby? Meaning, is it an easy walk to go back & forth as desired... in part, just to pass the time (i.e. maybe go to the hotel and check in, then go to lounge for dinner... then back to hotel to use the gym... then back to the lounge for a drink).

Also- random question... I assume no further COVID results showing once we've started the journey in the US? Minor concern as we are getting tested on a Tuesday for Friday US departure, but connecting flight in Doha isn't until Sunday AM. I assume we're in the clear but just confirmong.

Thanks.

ETA: have checked out the Qatar airport terminal maps and can't find the location answer.

Last edited by dave_261; Jun 22, 2021 at 8:16 am
Old Jun 22, 2021, 8:33 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
The walk between the Al Mourjan Business Lounge and the Oryx Airport Hotel is less than 5 minutes. There shouldn't be another round of document checks (other than the passport check) at the gate if you got the OK at your origin.

Traveller999 and asnovici like this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 8:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by realgaga
The walk between the Al Mourjan Business Lounge and the Oryx Airport Hotel is less than 5 minutes. There shouldn't be another round of document checks (other than the passport check) at the gate if you got the OK at your origin.

Just to clarify, as I have an upcoming flight MLE-DOH-IAD: the negative covid test documents will be checked at MLE before the first leg of the flight, but they won't check the test results a second time before the connecting flight - the one that lands in the US?
Old Jul 6, 2021, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
I just checked out the Oryx Hotel for my 14-hour layover. Wow, US$300+. Is that what you paid?
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by kevinsac
I just checked out the Oryx Hotel for my 14-hour layover. Wow, US$300+. Is that what you paid?
These prices are normal for these days. If you need a proper bed, unfortunately, that would be for extraordinary amounts as the Oryx Airport Hotel is a monopoly at this time. Despite these high rates, the Oryx Airport Hotel is fully booked these days.

You should be lucky that it's not €400-500 like it was in Frankfurt back in the Winter when landside hotels were not accepting passengers who weren't traveling for essential reasons.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Thanks. I’m not willing to nap overnight in the lounge. 14 hours is too long.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Thanks. I’m not willing to nap overnight in the lounge. 14 hours is too long.
Just to let you know, they provide free quiet room cubicles upon request for those using the Al Mourjan Lounge.
It would be a sofa with a blanket and few amenities, I always find those cubicles a decent place to nap or sleep. Although, the cubicles wouldn't give you the comfort of a real bed but they are not disturbing and they are not uncomfortable.

Here are some photos of the cubicles,

kevinsac likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. I may try that on my outbound layover. I have 6 hours.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 3:27 am
Original Poster

1,590 QAR (~ $430 USD) for the 4-person family room... Not thrilled with that, of course, but didn't see an alternative for a 14-hour overnight layover.

Plus, it'll be one of the few places in the airport where we can take our masks off and have some private space, so it seems worth it.
Ms_KH likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 7:25 pm

Has anybody who used the Oryx or Al Maha Lounge recently validate if they check boarding pass or if a digital version of the priority pass select card would suffice? Thanks
Old Aug 31, 2021, 2:00 pm

Programs: QR Plat
One thing for those booking the Oryx. Awesomebeds, Awesome shower. Bring chargers that takes multiple cables or port splitters for power. Most rooms only have one or two power outlets for chargers. Funny fact, the big family suites have *one*. Also, go to the lounge for food, or eateries in the concourse, the room service in the Oryx is Y class food.
-A
Old Aug 31, 2021, 2:10 pm

Just wondering if anybody who has used these lounges recently can provide insight here. Thanks
Originally Posted by sam007
Has anybody who used the Oryx or Al Maha Lounge recently validate if they check boarding pass or if a digital version of the priority pass select card would suffice? Thanks
Old Sep 1, 2021, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Good luck getting a room at the Oryx if you are a last minute booker (a.k.a. a business traveler). It would be really nice if the Oryx held back several rooms (at a higher price) for last minute travelers. As of today it looks booked for all of September. Not really helpful at all.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 12:31 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
No hourly deals left for November. Superior room for two passengers daily rate QAR 1190 ~ EUR 274 instead. Booked the room for 9 hour layover. Can cancel up to one day before stay date.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 8:38 pm

Programs: SQ, QR, CX, AA, UA
How is the shower situation at Oryx lounge--easier to get one there than in Al Mourjan lounge at 6 am?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.