FlatBed A320 Consistency

Old Jun 13, 2021, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
FlatBed A320 Consistency

How often are A320 flights that are supposed to be operated by the flat bed J planes aircraft swapped at the last minute, particularly on routes where the configuration is not run daily?

Also, as an unrelated question, does QR consistently post award inventory close to departure with a bunch of unsold seats or is there no rhyme or reason to it?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Which route are you flying on?
On shorter routes, there is always a risk that the aircraft configuration could change even the day before departure.
On longer routes, it's mostly a lie-flat configured A320 that operates the flight.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
ARN-DOH and DOH-EVN
Old Jun 14, 2021, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by dparkinson
ARN-DOH and DOH-EVN
ARN-DOH is more likely to be a wide-body; I don't think an A320 could fly that route.

You might have aircraft changes on DOH-EVN. You wouldn't have any guarantees regarding which A320 configuration you'll fly on.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 12:22 am

It can change right up until departure time.

For example, I'm flying TBS-DOH tonight. My flight to Tbilisi 2 weeks ago had recliners, but this A320 route has switched to lie flats for the past week with only 1 exception.

Right now EF is showing the 28-row Y configuration (meaning lie flats), but I'll only know for sure after DOH-TBS takes off and I can see the aircraft registration on FR24.
crackjack and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 12:37 pm

UPDATE: It's A7-AHR, a lie-flat A320! Lucky me.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
ARN-DOH is more likely to be a wide-body; I don't think an A320 could fly that route.

You might have aircraft changes on DOH-EVN. You wouldn't have any guarantees regarding which A320 configuration you'll fly on.
ARN was A319 in the early days of the route, but yeah I think it would be pushing the A320 a lot. QR did start HEL with A320, which is in GC measure is 150 or so miles shorter than ARN.
​​​​​
Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:40 pm

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Deleted - found the info in the wiki

Last edited by ANstar; Jun 30, 2022 at 8:49 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.