eMed/Abbot BinaxNOW for US entry

Old Dec 13, 21, 6:12 am

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
Originally Posted by DLPFlyer22 View Post
Just used two for MLE>DOH>USA. Registered for two separate people just before testing. Everything went smoothly.
Ditto here.
friedablass and GrantUSMC like this.
Old Dec 13, 21, 9:22 am

Programs: AA PLT; DL Gold MDL
Were you staying at a private island resort? Looking at the Government website, if at a "Guesthouse", a PCR test is required. I don't see any verbiage anywhere if staying at a resort island a PCR test is not required. Thanks,
Old Dec 13, 21, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by ctmike View Post
Were you staying at a private island resort? Looking at the Government website, if at a "Guesthouse", a PCR test is required. I don't see any verbiage anywhere if staying at a resort island a PCR test is not required. Thanks,
Yes, we were staying at private island resorts which has no restrictions to be tested to go back to MLE via seaplane. If you are splitting your stay between resorts, like we did, a PCR test was required prior to the transfer from one resort to the other.

When you leave the country, youll need to fill out the departure formality form online to get a exit QR code (similar to what you did before entering the country). That form has questions about does the airline require a PCR test?, does the destination country require a PCR test?, when did you have the PCR test done? Upload the PCR test, etc. In my OCD world, the correct answers would be no for an antigen test but I pretended it said COVID test instead of PCR test and filled it out accordingly and did not have any issues at exit passport control.

The gatekeepers to get to passport control are the Qatar check-in counters. They will ensure you have the correct documentation. Be aware they will ask you to fill out the US Attestation Form and also the Qatar PCR Test Consent Form. Similarly for the PCR Consent Form I pretended it said COVID test. Where it asked for testing lab location I put Telemedicine - Miami, FL for eMed.

It helps if you get the forms and fill them out prior to the check-in counter as that really slowed the line as most folks did not have those forms and was filling them out at the counter.

I hope that helps.
Old Dec 13, 21, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by FrontOfTheCurtain View Post
Ditto here.
Hello- This is great to hear. Do you mind me asking when ur trip was? I have 6 emed tests and am hoping to use them when we depart from Male.
Old Dec 14, 21, 1:44 pm

Edited to delete

*my apologies as I posted in wrong thread
Old Dec 14, 21, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by stlmommy View Post
Hello- This is great to hear. Do you mind me asking when ur trip was? I have 6 emed tests and am hoping to use them when we depart from Male.
Does post #108 answer your questions?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33809140-post108.html

Last edited by FrontOfTheCurtain; Dec 15, 21 at 12:06 am
Old Dec 15, 21, 7:17 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
When you leave the country, youll need to fill out the departure formality form online to get a exit QR code (similar to what you did before entering the country). That form has questions about does the airline require a PCR test?, does the destination country require a PCR test?, when did you have the PCR test done? Upload the PCR test, etc. In my OCD world, the correct answers would be no for an antigen test but I pretended it said COVID test instead of PCR test and filled it out accordingly and did not have any issues at exit passport control.
So just to clarify, you answered Yes for the bolded questions even though you had done an antigen test?
Old Dec 15, 21, 9:25 am

Programs: AA PLT; DL Gold MDL
Yes, we were staying at private island resorts which has no restrictions to be tested to go back to MLE via seaplane. If you are splitting your stay between resorts, like we did, a PCR test was required prior to the transfer from one resort to the other.

When you leave the country, you’ll need to fill out the departure formality form online to get a exit QR code (similar to what you did before entering the country). That form has questions about “does the airline require a PCR test?”, “does the destination country require a PCR test?”, “when did you have the PCR test done?” Upload the PCR test, etc. In my OCD world, the correct answers would be no for an antigen test but I pretended it said COVID test instead of PCR test and filled it out accordingly and did not have any issues at exit passport control.

The gatekeepers to get to passport control are the Qatar check-in counters. They will ensure you have the correct documentation. Be aware they will ask you to fill out the US Attestation Form and also the Qatar PCR Test Consent Form. Similarly for the PCR Consent Form I pretended it said COVID test. Where it asked for testing lab location I put “Telemedicine - Miami, FL” for eMed.

It helps if you get the forms and fill them out prior to the check-in counter as that really slowed the line as most folks did not have those forms and was filling them out at the counter.

I hope that helps.
Thank you. I also noted the exit form just notes PCR test, so glad you had no issues with proctored Antigen test, which I plan to do.
Old Dec 15, 21, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by ctmike View Post
Thank you. I also noted the exit form just notes PCR test, so glad you had no issues with proctored Antigen test, which I plan to do.
PLease report back
Old Dec 17, 21, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by friedablass View Post
So just to clarify, you answered Yes for the bolded questions even though you had done an antigen test?
correct
friedablass likes this.
Old Dec 17, 21, 12:17 am

PLease report back
We pretended it asked COVID test instead of PCR test and answered/uploaded as such. We had no issues leaving the country.
Old Dec 20, 21, 11:59 am

New kits

Just an FYI for anyone that may need to order kits; the kits that are now being sent out from eMed are newly manufactured. I noticed the February expiration notice disappeared late last week so I contacted eMed for verification that they had received newer kits and they responded that they were now sending out kits with an October 2022 expiration. I ordered a 6 pack on Friday and just received them. My kits have a November 2022 expiration date.
estnet and friedablass like this.
Old Dec 23, 21, 5:27 am

Anyone have recent success using emed tests in MALE?

Any recent success in using the Emed test kits MAL airport?
Old Dec 23, 21, 11:50 pm

Any recent success in using the Emed test kits MAL airport?
Do you mean MLE? If so, start with post # 106 which was for our MLE/DOH/LAX return on Dec 13th, 2021.
Old Dec 24, 21, 7:43 am

Do you mean MLE? If so, start with post # 106 which was for our MLE/DOH/LAX return on Dec 13th, 2021.
Yes - MLE. I read your post Frontofthecurtain. Thank you so much for your detailed description. I was just wondering if any others had recent experience using emed BinaxNow in MLE.

Search this Thread