Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eMed/Abbot BinaxNOW for US entry

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2021, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I am still seeing waitlist only. Can someone please post the link that allows you to place an order for six tests?
https://www.emed.com/products/covid-...pack?hsLang=en

If you are still seeing waitlist only then you may need to try clearing your cookies.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 11:45 pm

Has anyone found a promo code for the emed 6 pack?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 2:56 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Golfer2000
Has anyone found a promo code for the emed 6 pack?
I have never seen a promo code for eMed. The only way I figured I could get a small discount is by paying with an HSA card, so money spent was pre-tax dollars.

At the moment I would not buy even with a discount, since all the packs in their possession expire by February the latest. Looking forward to reports about fresh inventory.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, Morning Calm, Marriott Plat., Hyatt Globalist
For a recent datapoint, I have just been denied check in with a BinaxNow test kit. The reasoning was that I am in Thailand but the lab address on the result form is a US one. (Fortunately there is a testing center at the airport at a reasonable price)
Old Nov 14, 2021, 9:16 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by lovexylitol
For a recent datapoint, I have just been denied check in with a BinaxNow test kit. The reasoning was that I am in Thailand but the lab address on the result form is a US one. (Fortunately there is a testing center at the airport at a reasonable price)
Which airline?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Morning Calm, Marriott Plat., Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by friedablass
Which airline?
Qatar Airways, just to add the testing site doing antigen is 550 THB, which is cheaper than my BinaxNow Ag Card
Old Nov 14, 2021, 9:43 am

Qatar Airways, just to add the testing site doing antigen is 550 THB, which is cheaper than my BinaxNow Ag Card
Seems like QR is hit or miss as there are datapoints where they did accept the BinaxNOW tests in other airports (I believe MLE and DOH for sure, can't recall the others).
Old Nov 20, 2021, 6:41 am

Just used two for MLE>DOH>USA. Registered for two separate people just before testing. Everything went smoothly.
pjs and SanDiego1K like this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 1:27 pm
pjs

Hope that's location specific, as we just grabbed 6 of these to bring to Kenya in January for return testing.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 6:00 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Any data points using BinaxNow AG ex-BOM?
Old Nov 24, 2021, 3:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond

Do you have any details for the testing site you ended up using? I was looking for an airport testing center but can’t find details on the airport websites.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 10:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by technocat79
QR did not accept my eMed Antigen test when checking in in Istanbul. Told me it did not have my passport information. Was able to run downstairs and grab a rapid test at the airport (easy).
Sorry to hear of this, I had same thing happen on SAS in Copenhagen for a CPN-SFO flight. So I know exactly how you feel

With that said, wife and I just flew QR out of IST on IST-DOH-SFO. The station employees there seemed to me to be QR, for sure the Station Manager was. As always, we came loaded for bear, with various docs including pre-filled USA attestations, copy of CDC website with "Home Test" section highlighted, and our Abbot BinaxNow results loaded up in the Navica app on our phones. A 30'ish man began to process our docs and started taking pics of our Navica results on our cell phones (which I immediately presented to him unasked along with the attestations and passports). He futzed about, had a side conversation with someone, and all done with no questions asked.

Additional info- I've flown QR 12 times this year and not one time had any real issue with Abbott Binax. Only issue was SAS in CPH.

Also- As soon as I got in the 1-person long QR Business Check-in line at IST I asked the line girl to speak to the station manager, she got her over and I unloaded with gusto about the situation trying to get in the gd IST departure Hall, was blocked and turned multiple times by TK a-holes outside by the parking lanes. It was insane and I was p*ssed the f off and wanted to be sure the QR folks knew how their passengers were being treated.

I go through IST multiple times per year, previously via TK, but now QR because i have come to hate TK (long-haul) so much. IST is a lovely piece of architecture, but the size of the place makes doing anything a PITA. Employees at IST are also more times than not ready to cut you off at the knees for anything remotely out of the ordinary.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by FlyingfromDC
I have never seen a promo code for eMed. The only way I figured I could get a small discount is by paying with an HSA card, so money spent was pre-tax dollars..
- For the 6-pack I got, I received $38.50 reimbursement from my Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance (from my employment) with the rest paid from my flexible spending account.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by Erasmus
That said, I hope it will have dropped the test-upon-entry requirement by November...
Famous last words...

Not only are we past November and the testing is still here, they made it worse by requiring it within 1 day. And I don't see this going away any time soon . Maybe they'll go back to 3 days but it won't go away completely. Would be thrilled if it does but not banking on it.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Finkface
You don’t need to use a phone or the app. You can just use the browser/website if you like. I have used both and prefer the website. But regardless whether you use the app or the website, each person just needs to have a Navica account. Just remember to sign out of each person’s account (either on the app or website) after the first person has completed their test and then have the next person sign into their account before you connect to do the next person’s test.
This isn't correct. I have one Navica sign in (mine) and added both my wife and my 2 kids to the profile. With Managed Profiles you can add adults or kids - had no issues doing this over Thanksgiving.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.