BA GF lounge for QR J tickets

Old Jun 1, 21, 4:55 am
Original Poster

BA GF lounge for QR J tickets

Am about to fly from LHR T5 to DOH with QR J. QR lounge at T5 is closed. Am BA silver. Will I be able to use BA GF lounge - as no other lounge is open (other than Concorde and I cannot get in). Thanks
Old Jun 1, 21, 5:17 am

Yes, on the basis of your BA Silver you will. BTW the QR Lounge is/was in in T4.
Old Jun 1, 21, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mr_botak View Post
Yes, on the basis of your BA Silver you will. BTW the QR Lounge is/was in in T4.
Thank you, mr_botak, for the affirmative reply. 👍
Old Jun 1, 21, 12:49 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by mr_botak View Post
Hmm, not so sure about that.

You would need OW Emerald for Galleries First lounge, or be travelling in an OW First cabin.

You will have access to the Galleries Club lounge(s) thanks to either your cabin class or your Sapphire OW status. I believe only Galleries Club South is currently the only BA club lounge open in T5.
Old Jun 1, 21, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL, QR Gold, CX Silver, ITA Executive, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Howard Long View Post

You would need OW Emerald for Galleries First lounge, or be travelling in an OW First cabin.

You will have access to the Galleries Club lounge(s) thanks to either your cabin class or your Sapphire OW status. I believe only Galleries Club South is currently the only BA club lounge open in T5.
I just flew from Heathrow a couple of days ago, BA currently has the GF and GC South open (morning and early afternoon IIRC). The GC lounge is open until a certain time in the day, the agents will move pax to GF when the GC lounge is ready to close (not sure about the time, but similar to what it did in 2020). So if you were lucky enough, you might end up in GF.
A1pax likes this.
Old Jun 2, 21, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Howard Long View Post

Thanks. My bad, speedread GF as GC. Good thing I'm not a lawyer.

Search this Thread