Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q Suite Seat Assignments Given Away

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2021, 4:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Q Suite Seat Assignments Given Away

We just completed a RT LAX-BKK. On both outbound and inbound, we had issues with QR changing us out of our confirmed seats (3E/F) on the DOH-BKK-DOH segments. In both cases, I had reconfirmed the assignments a couple days before departure. In both cases, they moved us to 8D/G - so not even a couples pair.

On the outbound, agent at AM lounge was able to put us back in 3E/F. At BKK last night, however, QR ground staff refused to put us back into them, stating that the seats had been purchased by someone else. They offered various shifting justifications. First they said the seats had not been confirmed. I showed them the email from May 26 showing them as confirmed. Then they said we needed to pay for them. I pointed out that as OW Emerald I was entitled to confirm into them for no charge. Story changed several times thereafter, ultimately ending with "we have no excuse." I did not go down easily, and escalated all the way to the station manager. They refused to budge (and clearly cared not all about OW Emerald status). They ultimately put us in 7E/F instead, which are not desirable seats at all due to lav/galley proximity. On boarding, a very nice FA suggested we move to 11E/F, which turned out to be a good choice.

So I guess my question is, is this a common QR occurrence?
Old May 31, 2021, 12:52 am

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Maybe a family of 4 booked row 4 and wanted a quad with row 3?
Old May 31, 2021, 2:13 am

Possibly some 'locals' wanted the seats.

FFP status in my experience was largely irrelevant on QR.
Old May 31, 2021, 4:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by daniellam
Maybe a family of 4 booked row 4 and wanted a quad with row 3?
That's what we initially thought, but it appeared to just be a couple. Rows 7/8 could have been used for a quad, as both of those rows ultimately flew empty.
Originally Posted by mr_botak
Possibly some 'locals' wanted the seats.
Yes, QR staff ultimately admitted someone had made an affirmative decision to reassign the seats to other passengers.
Old May 31, 2021, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes, QR staff ultimately admitted someone had made an affirmative decision to reassign the seats to other passengers.
Maybe QRPC Platinum, family members of airport staff or celebrities. Regardless, not good.
Old May 31, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: BAEC
The other thing is that there could have been a brief aircraft swap which got swapped back. But the seat assignments got mangled in the process. Agree a poor experience all round.
Old May 31, 2021, 9:56 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by mileageking
Maybe QRPC Platinum, family members of airport staff or celebrities. Regardless, not good.
I think you can strike the two first of that list. I've been a platinum for some years and have never been allowed to move others. Staff is unlikely, as the rules are fairly strict. Celebs, maybe. Local customers with affirmative demands is the most likely. Or aircraft swaps.

-A
Old May 31, 2021, 10:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
We just completed a RT LAX-BKK. On both outbound and inbound, we had issues with QR changing us out of our confirmed seats (3E/F) on the DOH-BKK-DOH segments. So I guess my question is, is this a common QR occurrence?
Ugh, sucks! I'm picky as hell about my seat selection and would be very unhappy to have picked out my seat, confirmed it, and then get switched with no warning or choices offered. To answer your question is this common on QR the answer for me is unequivocally "no". We've flown QR QSuites/J every other month from/to USA, four legs per trip, and have never experienced this. I have no status with their privilege Club and am OWE.

The good news is this happened on QR in QSuites and not any other airline so even when it gets screwed up, it's still a better seat and flight than any other airline! I've sat in the "bathroom seats" several times and never heard or smelled anything.
Intl359Widget likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.