Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

COVID test required for transit passengers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2021, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA: EXP

I am flying from Cairo to Helsinki on Apr 14. As a Finnish citizen, I don't need a negative PCR certificate to enter Finland (I can choose to take the test on arrival in Helsinki). Do I need a test certificate to transit via Doha? I couldn't find relevant information on the QR site...
Old Apr 10, 2021, 12:22 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
You don't need a negative Covid-19 test of any kind to transit at DOH.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Appears that a negative test is now required to transit through DOH.

I am flying from Bangkok through Doha and onto Los Angeles.

The U.S. will accept the Abbott BinaxNOW Self Test for entry into the U.S.

Will Qatar accept that test for transit through Doha?
Old Aug 7, 2021, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EP
Where did you see this?
Old Aug 7, 2021, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by craig_2029
Where did you see this?
There is so much conflicting information out there, it's hard to sort out what the situation is with transfer passengers.

An article on LoyaltyLobby.com from about 3-weeks ago is the source of my confusion. The article says that the government says a test is required to transit and the Qatar Air web site says one is not required.

Last edited by Always Flyin; Aug 7, 2021 at 5:59 pm
Old Aug 7, 2021, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
There is so much conflicting information out there, it's hard to sort out what the situation is with transfer passengers.

An article on LoyaltyLobby.com from about 3-weeks ago is the source of my confusion. The article says that the government says a test is required to transit and the Qatar Air web site says one is not required.
It is confusing! Will keep an eye out as I will be transiting through DOH in September.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 7:09 pm

I'll likely beat you to it and will report.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Appears that a negative test is now required to transit through DOH.

I am flying from Bangkok through Doha and onto Los Angeles.

The U.S. will accept the Abbott BinaxNOW Self Test for entry into the U.S.

Will Qatar accept that test for transit through Doha?
You don't need a Covid-19 test to transit through Doha.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by realgaga
You don't need a Covid-19 test to transit through Doha.
Thanks Realgaga. I have a trip next week (ORD-DOH-TBS). Just to confirm as a US Passport Holder fully vaccinated and only transiting for 3 hours (not leaving transit area) I do not need a PCR Test for Transit (TBS doesn't require a PCR Test)? Also, I would not need to download and create a profile on the EHTERAZ app?
Old Aug 10, 2021, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by TonyP91
Thanks Realgaga. I have a trip next week (ORD-DOH-TBS). Just to confirm as a US Passport Holder fully vaccinated and only transiting for 3 hours (not leaving transit area) I do not need a PCR Test for Transit (TBS doesn't require a PCR Test)? Also, I would not need to download and create a profile on the EHTERAZ app?
You won't need a PCR for transit nor to download Ehteraz. You will however have to fulfill the entry requirements of Tbilisi or you'll be denied boarding at ORD.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 11:23 am

Does anyone have any info on travelling from India with transit to Egypt/ Travelling end of August I need a 72 hour PCR for Egypt but in April it appears there was a requirement for a 48 hour test before departure for transit from India. Can't find much information on the Qatar website now. Twitter query response from Qatar totally useless.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 3:08 pm

In general Qatar transit only does not require a test.

But, a test is required even for transit if you're starting your journey from certain countries. I know Pakistan is one such country since I follow news from there. Can't find a comprehensive list about it though.
physicsdude likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Always check timatic with the connecting cities included for accurate information.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by Obruni Boy
Does anyone have any info on travelling from India with transit to Egypt/ Travelling end of August I need a 72 hour PCR for Egypt but in April it appears there was a requirement for a 48 hour test before departure for transit from India. Can't find much information on the Qatar website now. Twitter query response from Qatar totally useless.
Update to this. I called the Mumbai office of Qatar and there is no longer any test required for transit from India. Just PCR test requirements as the origin and final country. 72 hours from departure should be good for me.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 11:46 am

Timatic says no Covid PCR Test is needed for transit but Sherpa says the opposite? Anyone, recently transit in Doha without a PCR Test?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.